Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Simeond and the Atleti playets showed us respect.  

I'd rather listen to Diego Godin's opinion on Vardy and LCFC than the opinion of Adrian from Peterborough. 

Convinced that if Atleti played in the PL people like Durham and Souness would absolutely chastise them non-stop.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Leicester have embarrassed English football by hoofing it long constantly in the second half. Also said that we "risked possession" in doing so.

I don't think he actually believes this drivel for a second. Just spouts shit to get callers. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 16.34.56.png

dont know how he can say we have.....we didnt lose 10-2 like Arsenal did, we had a go,

they always seem to go out of their way to praise the foreign teams but loves bashing english ones, 

wonder if there is any mention of the Bayern trouble last night on there, i doubt it, since well its not a English team

typical stuff from Talksport atm tbh, Cundy was the same last night

Don't worry Adrian, all the best English sides will be back to dominate as they have been doing before we came along. I can imagine we'll have at least three in the semi-finals if our hoofball team can reach the quarters.

• Like 1

Durham's a professional moron. He's having a go at us because we're the current news. It's a shame for him that we've denied him crucial Arsenal baiting moments but he'll move on soon enough. It will be Chelsea/ Liverpool/ Man City this time next year if they go out.

34 minutes ago, dayday said:

Forest just hate it that they are no longer the biggest club in the EM.

Keep going the way they are and they won't even be the biggest club in Nottingham soon.

As for Forest, let them be like that. I have full respect for what they achieved in that spell under a genius of a manager, we were never going to match it so any digs don't bother me. We've done something, in winning a league title for the first time and playing in the Champions League, that I never thought I'd see. More than happy with what we've got and hopefully we can add another trophy in the not too distant future, maybe have a Europa League campaign too after our last two were finished far too early.

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

As for Forest, let them be like that. I have full respect for what they achieved in that spell under a genius of a manager, we were never going to match it so any digs don't bother me. We've done something, in winning a league title for the first time and playing in the Champions League, that I never thought I'd see. More than happy with what we've got and hopefully we can add another trophy in the not too distant future, maybe have a Europa League campaign too after our last two were finished far too early.

And we were there to witness it.

Most of their fans mouthing off about the Forest team of the late 70s and early 80s were at least a decade away from existence.

Watched the match on BT but recorded TV3 version.....Couldn't believe the crap Souness was spouting....Dissappointed Kilbane didn't have a go at him as we met him on the way to and back from the Sevilla match and he was very positive about us and how we play....Sourness such a bitter twat ...

10 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Souness is an unbearable ****. He totally ripped into Chelsea few years ago when they surrounded and hassled the ref in a CL game against PSG. His silence was deafening when his beloved Spurs turned a football match into a street brawl with their thuggery v Chelsea last season. 

If Atletico Madrid was an English side and won the PL with their style he'd lay into them non-stop. 

It's bad enough that he's a football snob but he's also a bellend.

2 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Watched the match on BT but recorded TV3 version.....Couldn't believe the crap Souness was spouting....Dissappointed Kilbane didn't have a go at him as we met him on the way to and back from the Sevilla match and he was very positive about us and how we play....Sourness such a bitter twat ...

Souness seems to have a chip on his shoulder from how badly it went from his own management career. You can sense that he's only looking for any opportunity he can get to have a go at the modern player.

Looking forward to how RTE cover our match after tonights games. Dunphy has been the only one on the media over here to back the decision.

12 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

They probably have the original on Betamax it was that long ago.

Why does it always have to be a competition?  Why can't we just say that Forest made a great achievement and Leicester also made a great achievement.  No, it has to be that one or the other was the absolute greatest, so eff all the others.

By the way...I thought Forest didn't care about us, so..?

It's kinda pathetic. The last year's title wasn't hailed as "the greatest sport story ever" because small club won the league.

It was because the difference (measured in money spent) between this small club and the top 4-5 clubs of PL was so tremendous than everyone thought it was simply impossible to accomplish. As far as I remember, LCFC was 18th in terms of squad cost and 17th in terms of wages.

When Forest won their titles, the difference between the richest and the poorest clubs in Div1 was much much smaller, and the same was true for clubs participating in European Cup.

Try to replicate it now, against current top-6 in PL and against likes of Barcelona, Real, Bayern, Atletico, Juventus and PSG with their first-XI worth half-billion.

Edited by RussianFox
  • Like 2

Andy Goldstein was a **** the other week on TalkSport too, think it was after the Sevilla game he was claiming we wouldn't win the CL and didn't want to talk about us, slagging us off massively, didn't care about us because he's a Man Utd fan...hmmmmm, think he's in the wrong job if he only want to talk about one team, don't care about discuss sport in general/other teams.

The last year i've become a TalkSport listener, obviously @UpTheLeagueFox is quality, Quite like Alan Brazil (Don't listen to him too often i'll be honest) apart from when he refers to Arsenal and 'the' Arsenal (That really grates on me), Jim White is decent, although I preferred Colin Murray, the two idiots after him I can't listen too (Hawkbee and Jacobs is it?), and I like Adrian Durham's show, agree with him on alot of stuff but then sometimes think he's just an arse to be an arse.

Can't stand The Two Mikes either, they really are idiots, how they're employed I do not know, what is their show even about?!! Should be renamed The Two Bickering Idiots.

Edited by Matt

4 minutes ago, RussianFox said:

It's kinda pathetic. The last year's title wasn't hailed as "the greatest sport story ever" because small club won the league.

It was because the difference (measured in money spent) between this small club and the top 4-5 clubs of PL was so tremendous than everyone thought it was simply impossible to accomplish. As far as I remember, LCFC was 18th in terms of squad cost and 17th in terms of wages.

When Forest won their titles, the difference between the richest and the poorest clubs in Div1 was much much smaller, and the same was true for clubs participating in European Cup.

Try to replicate it now, against current top-6 in PL and against likes of Barcelona, Real, Bayern, Atletico, Juventus and PSG with their first-XI worth half-billion.

Let's also not forget it was an entirely different format back in the days - no group stage games, a simple knockout competition.

Although it shouldn't detract from Forest's achievement then, as they kicked out First Division champions Liverpool in the first round, then Cologne later (a deadly team in the late 70ies, early 80ies).

38 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Let's also not forget it was an entirely different format back in the days - no group stage games, a simple knockout competition.

Although it shouldn't detract from Forest's achievement then

But you just cannot compare these achievements, really.

Just like you cannot compare

- winning that first World Cup when there was only a dozen of teams and half of strongest teams didn't even bother to show up,

- and winning it now, with 32 teams in final competition and 200 teams in qualification.

Almost every sport became much more competitive.

These 30-50-70 years old underdog achievements were great, but today's underdog achievements are ten times harder to pull off.

Edited by RussianFox

12 hours ago, JerryLundegaard said:

Why does it always have to be a competition?  Why can't we just say that Forest made a great achievement and Leicester also made a great achievement.  No, it has to be that one or the other was the absolute greatest, so eff all the others.

By the way...I thought Forest didn't care about us, so..?

Because they've got nothing else to say these days. They're genuine second division cloggers and have been for years, whilst we've grown as a club and achieved the impossible. We're probably one of the most famous clubs in world football at the minute, and the only coverage they get is 30 seconds of their 1-1 draws with the likes of Wigan on Channel 5.

But, like you say, they don't care about us anyway, so none of it really matters.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Because they've got nothing else to say these days. They're genuine second division cloggers and have been for years, whilst we've grown as a club and achieved the impossible. We're probably one of the most famous clubs in world football at the minute, and the only coverage they get is 30 seconds of their 1-1 draws with the likes of Wigan on Channel 5.

But, like you say, they don't care about us anyway, so none of it really matters.

I wonder how bitter they'll be if they should go down and Burton stay up - will they be as pissed and twisted talking about the Brewers as they are towards us?

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

I wonder how bitter they'll be if they should go down and Burton stay up - will they be as pissed and twisted talking about the Brewers as they are towards us?

They will probably take the piss at every opportunity, laugh at every loss, then tell them they don't care as soon as any Burton fans say anything back.

• Like 1