Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Danny Rose admitted they cried in the dressing room when we were crowned champions.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/danny-rose-insists-tottenham-spurred-9305270

That's fvcking fantastic! (I would +1 but have no reps left).

'I will love it if we beat them, love it' and end their dreams. How sweet could that be!

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Danny Rose admitted they cried in the dressing room when we were crowned champions.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/danny-rose-insists-tottenham-spurred-9305270

It gets better and better. I guess they must have cried again when they bottled it in the Champions League.... and the Europa League. And will be doing so again as they blow two more trophies in the coming weeks...

The heart bleeds for them..

You look at the quality of that team, and the fact that it is emphatically one of the youngest in the PL, and concede the likelihood of the SOBs winning at least one PL title.

Then you consider the last stretch run, all choke jobs and meltdowns, including a certain game where their starting outfield was more bothered to try to injure their opponents with cheap shots than play championship quality football.  Not just evidencing, but screaming a fragile mentality.

This from Pochettino goes a ways toward explaining it.  If that is the attitude modeled from the top, they will always go well when the going is good, and bottle when the chips are down.  Long live Poch at Spurs.

Some fantastic players in the current Spurs squad no doubt,  but they seem to have a massive sense of entitlement and have developed an unbearable victim complex over the last 2 seasons. They are very good when everything goes well but as soon as it gets tough their bottom lips curl and they wallow in self pity, asking "why us?" and blaming everyone else for their shortcomings. If they had been humbled by last season I would find it much easier to sympathise with them this season but they appear to have learned nothing.

I think we can all more or less predict the Spurs forums at the end of the season when Chelsea are crowned champions. Everyone hates Tottenham, Conte love fest, Spurs better overall etc etc. 

Anyone hear the 'Football fans songbook' on 5Live tonight ??

Discussion about the origins of football songs, but towards the end the sad realisation that Premier League football stadia no longer have an atmosphere apart from two ........ Crystal Palace and Leicester :chant:

7 hours ago, MarshallForEngland said:

Some fantastic players in the current Spurs squad no doubt,  but they seem to have a massive sense of entitlement and have developed an unbearable victim complex over the last 2 seasons. They are very good when everything goes well but as soon as it gets tough their bottom lips curl and they wallow in self pity, asking "why us?" and blaming everyone else for their shortcomings. If they had been humbled by last season I would find it much easier to sympathise with them this season but they appear to have learned nothing.

I think we can all more or less predict the Spurs forums at the end of the season when Chelsea are crowned champions. Everyone hates Tottenham, Conte love fest, Spurs better overall etc etc. 

I don't give a fvck what they say. Just want to see the cvnts cry again lollollol

Whining gits got Kevin Friend removed from the Stoke fixture too, but we're the ones who had it easy. Love how gutted they are by it. I really hate Chelsea, but would love them preventing Spurs winning it again.

Edited by Number 6

12 hours ago, Koke said:

I respect Chelsea because they don't trot out cringe worthy slogans lime "the Chelsea way". Chelsea are a big club and a trophy winning machine, but they're not above playing pragmatic efficient football or parking the bus if needed. Substance over style. Then you got small clubs like Derby and West Ham who come out with "the Derby way" as if it means anything. Spurs also do that. Playing aesthetically pleasing football apparently means you deserve to win trophies. 

The West Ham way also known as the finishing 12th way. Im glad we don't have that embarrassing mentality at our club. 

You've hit the nail on the head regarding why I don't like sides like Arsenal and Barca, amongst a few others.

They play (or did play) this ridiculous band of supposedly aesthetically pleasing pass-it-about football, and then their fans, with an unreal amount of entitlement complex, believe it entitles them to win trophies and get angry/sad when other teams set up to spoil such tactics and beat them. Like it's somehow unfair.

• Like 2

So poch now considers it 'fair', because the shoe is on the other foot and they're the 'underdog story' of this season?

The scenes at our place when we finally confirm chelsea as champions will be quite amusing.

Do they get a trophy for finishing above Arsenal? :ph34r:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Koke said:

Oh lord. I see Spurs as the underdogs and so favour them but this smacks of childish entitlement. "It's so unfair Leicester have performed better than us this season, waaaah!"

4 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Thanks for that. Love this bit: (It's a great response to those who claim that 'police never just randomly belt people')

Amanda Jacks, a case worker for the Football Supporters Federation, argued that football fans do not get a fair hearing from the media, claiming that they “are the last group in society that can be demonised without anybody questioning it.”

She added: “At least four times a season I will deal with incidents involving football fans and police that if they involved protesters, would be on the front page of the Guardian. Because it happens with football fans, it goes against the narrative that all fans are hooligans. It’s almost as if people don’t want to see the other side of it.”

Amanda Jacks has been doing heroic work for years. If anyone was in Madrid and needs her help: [email protected]

17 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Weird comments from Poch, also sets him up for a fall when they finish second* because he's given himself no exit strategy for excuses.

*third

He'll ring Dyche and ask him for some.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kushiro said:

Thanks for that. Love this bit: (It's a great response to those who claim that 'police never just randomly belt people')

Amanda Jacks, a case worker for the Football Supporters Federation, argued that football fans do not get a fair hearing from the media, claiming that they “are the last group in society that can be demonised without anybody questioning it.”

She added: “At least four times a season I will deal with incidents involving football fans and police that if they involved protesters, would be on the front page of the Guardian. Because it happens with football fans, it goes against the narrative that all fans are hooligans. It’s almost as if people don’t want to see the other side of it.”

Amanda Jacks has been doing heroic work for years. If anyone was in Madrid and needs her help: [email protected]

At least football fans can unite people.Both left and right wingers on twitter seemed glad fans got a bashing.

The Dail mail hang em high brigade and the left "All football fans are racist brexiters" loved it!

3 hours ago, los dedos said:

“Good news isn’t usually particularly attractive. Think about Iraq — we only ever read about the suicide bombs, what about the people going about their lives quite normally?”

Says it all, really.