Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Just now, Nalis said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/15/mauricio-pochettino-world-killed-tottenham-leicester-chelsea-bournemouth

What a bellend, hope we end the Spurs title challenge to send his bizarre paranoia through the roof.

I quite like Poch but he's being deluded and paranoid.

We finished 11 points ahead of them. He's acting like we won the league on goal difference. On top of that we took 4 points of Spurs that season. Did Spurs roll over for us as well?

• Like 3

Fair play this time? That's a hell of a chip he's carrying on his shoulder.  

What he's saying is his players were weak mentally last season. And there's a fair chance they'll be just as weak mentally this season. 

Prediction: 3rd again

27 minutes ago, Nalis said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/15/mauricio-pochettino-world-killed-tottenham-leicester-chelsea-bournemouth

What a bellend, hope we end the Spurs title challenge to send his bizarre paranoia through the roof.

"People were seduced by Leicester."

He makes us sound like the dark side of the force! lol

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Nalis said:

We Will return the favour for Chelsea by beating Spurs....We nobodies aint half having fun.

I am really worried about the coeff in CL next year.  Mind you Chelsea and Leicester (as champions)

Should make the UK proud.!!!!!

Now something positive over the crying cock...I really like the team and yes even the coach,

but like Cocknies they represent they dont half moan and blubber.

Strangely enough Deli has become humble in his play and off field approach.Kane has learnt to Keep stumb on Social media.  Spurs do have some great players, play next to Chelsea the best PL football. Last year the believed in their own and London media hype, then started to get Mardy.They were mentally immature.!!

The problem with people in football, their worse timing is when they begin to move their lips, or

get anywhere near social media sites...:blink:

When you take his dodgy English out of the equation (references to 'kill' and 'seduced' being examples of where he misses the mark) he actually has a point. 

Generally people were rooting for us, media coverage focused on the romantic idea of us sticking it to the big boys. Even when people said we couldn't do it they often said they hoped they wrong. 

1 minute ago, adam95581 said:

When you take his dodgy English out of the equation (references to 'kill' and 'seduced' being examples of where he misses the mark) he actually has a point. 

Generally people were rooting for us, media coverage focused on the romantic idea of us sticking it to the big boys. Even when people said we couldn't do it they often said they hoped they wrong. 

It's not just the public wanting us to win that he's bitter about- it's the notion that other teams weren't trying against us because they wanted us to win it.

A lot of their fans have bought into the theory (unlucky lads, don't let it eat you away too much), and it seems as though he believes it as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

It's not just the public wanting us to win that he's bitter about- it's the notion that other teams weren't trying against us because they wanted us to win it.

A lot of their fans have bought into the theory (unlucky lads, don't let it eat you away too much), and it seems as though he believes it as well.

And now Watford and Bournemouth just rolled over for them, he's all okay with this season. 

Last season hurts Pochettino. They genuinely thought they would surpass us but they didn't. It was their greatest chance of winning the league since they last did and I don't think they will get any closer in the forthcoming years.

• Like 1

It defies logic to suggest that relegation threatened teams would roll over for us. We had to work super hard to beat Norwich, Newcastle, Palace, Watford and Sunderland. 

I really hope we officially hand the title to Chelsea by beating Tottenham. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Are them fvcking ****** still moaning. 11pts you dumb cvnts you weren't even close.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

I really hope we officially hand the title to Chelsea by beating Tottenham. 

A last minute Rob Huth goal from a dodgy set piece. A handful of shirt and arm on the shoulder preventing the defender from jumping. After they had hit the woodwork 3 times.

The meltdown would be sublime.

• Like 1

They were 7 points behind us at this stage last season, and if Chelsea win later they'll be 7 points behind them after the same number of games. I noticed they've been playing before Chelsea recently as well, I suppose that's also unfair isn't it? Why hasn't it made a difference? 

Plus as far as you can say playing first is an advantage, you could also argue its a disadvantage. That's if it makes any difference at all.

That's before we get on to the fact that Spurs get a lot of favourable treatment from referees etc anyway, last season and this season. I'm not sure he's got any kind of point there really.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Do you think Spurs have become everyone's darlings and we all wish you well, Poch? I'm afraid not - it can't be denied that you've built a useful team but the majority of football followers I speak to hate Spurs and probably hate Chelsea too but would rather they win the title than have the bottlers do it 

I respect Chelsea because they don't trot out cringe worthy slogans lime "the Chelsea way". Chelsea are a big club and a trophy winning machine, but they're not above playing pragmatic efficient football or parking the bus if needed. Substance over style. Then you got small clubs like Derby and West Ham who come out with "the Derby way" as if it means anything. Spurs also do that. Playing aesthetically pleasing football apparently means you deserve to win trophies. 

The West Ham way also known as the finishing 12th way. Im glad we don't have that embarrassing mentality at our club. 

• Like 2

It's easier to say you've got a different mentality and coping with pressure when you are chasing- let's see what happens if they get into the lead in the next couple of weeks.

Teams beating the lesser sides 4-0 is no shock really. I don't think anyone is rolling over for them, but then again, only Swansea was a comfortable game for us in the run-in before Everton.

If they are the best side this season, with a "fair" league, they'll win it. No excuses this time.

23 minutes ago, Koke said:

I respect Chelsea because they don't trot out cringe worthy slogans lime "the Chelsea way". Chelsea are a big club and a trophy winning machine, but they're not above playing pragmatic efficient football or parking the bus if needed. Substance over style. Then you got small clubs like Derby and West Ham who come out with "the Derby way" as if it means anything. Spurs also do that. Playing aesthetically pleasing football apparently means you deserve to win trophies. 

The West Ham way also known as the finishing 12th way. Im glad we don't have that embarrassing mentality at our club. 

Very well put.

The criticism we got from Spurs fans last season for our style of play was laughable. We were efficient, they weren't.

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 1