Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Just when you thought "journalism" couldn't get more useless and patronizing ... to spice your bland English breakfast on the morning of the most important game in club history, this remarkably bald, thoughtless statement of the same old, same old from one of the mofo's at ESPN. 

http://www.espnfc.us/uefa-champions-league/2/blog/post/3100951/leicester-decline-after-title-win-does-not-diminish-their-magical-champions-league-run

Puts me in the mood to enjoy Mr Vardy scratching a few eyeballs out on his way to a brace.

35 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Just when you thought "journalism" couldn't get more useless and patronizing ... to spice your bland English breakfast on the morning of the most important game in club history, this remarkably bald, thoughtless statement of the same old, same old from one of the mofo's at ESPN. 

http://www.espnfc.us/uefa-champions-league/2/blog/post/3100951/leicester-decline-after-title-win-does-not-diminish-their-magical-champions-league-run

Puts me in the mood to enjoy Mr Vardy scratching a few eyeballs out on his way to a brace.

What an odd story. Hard to follow whether the journo hates us or admires us at times. Personal favourite part:

you can be absolutely sure that their sort is not supposed to be anywhere near the Champions League.

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

I would rather people slated us than this patronising head patting joke of an article.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Saw who wrote it, didn't read it lol

Yeah he's not our biggest fan let's put it that way. He went out of his way to mention everything questionable that went on with Leicester fans, general point is OK but no need really. 

• Like 1

Liew reminds me of something I heard earlier on Talksport. 

That idiot Durham was asking 'do you want Leicester to win tonight, or has the Ranieri saga changed your mind?'

A Spurs fan called up and said we can't expect respect in 5 minutes and hopes we lose. When questioned and asked if he was bitter, he denied it. Said he'd support any English team in Europe, but not us, because we haven't earnt respect.

They crucified him, asked him about Spurs record in Europe this year and laughed him off the air!

A Sunderland fan also called in and said he hoped we got smashed 10-0.

A Forest fan hopes we win the Champs League, but gets relegated. Said he'd "laugh his socks off". Suppose something has to get him through another relegation lol

9 minutes ago, Staff said:

In my lifetime i have seen Liverpool win it once. man u win it twice, lose once, Chelsea win it once and lose once, and arsenal lose once, all in terms of finals. i do not support any of those teams but until this year i wanted them to win it each year. i always felt the champs league was a good indication of where we stand as a league in terms of how we compete on the continent, and for me our league is the most exciting and competitive of them all. this year, we are now the sole representative and it makes me so proud! all of these so called fans that hope we get dicked are just purely jealous of what is possible if you have the right mentality and attitude, not only winning the league but in representing it. let them hate, we are the ones who broke the norm, the cliche of history and money. we are on a horse as someone once said, enjoy it for what its worth and remember that most of those that begrudge us will never witness or feel what we have felt

Spot on. I've just read some of the 'Have your say' comments at the bottom of the BBC match report...

It's lovely to ruffle some feathers.

For want of a better phrase...haters gonna hate lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

I see the "20th richest club in the world" myth is still being carried on with, even though it's a lie. We made the 20th biggest revenue in football at the end of the 2015/2016 season... Not the same. Liew, really! :facepalm:

And what's with the "dodgy foreign ref" at the end of the article? Why put "foreign" in there at all - referees are to come from a third country other than the two involved squad-wise, anyway. That's a given.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Spot on. I've just read some of the 'Have your say' comments at the bottom of the BBC match report...

It's lovely to ruffle some feathers.

For want of a better phrase...haters gonna hate lol

Some serious retards on that site 

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I see the "20th richest club in the world" myth is still being carried on with, even though it's a lie. We made the 20th biggest revenue in football at the end of the 2015/2016 season... Not the same. Liew, really! :facepalm:

And what's with the "dodgy foreign ref" at the end of the article? Why put "foreign" in there at all - referees are to come from a third country other than the two involved squad-wise, anyway. That's a given.

liew has still got beef with vardy over oi jap

If I hear the word "fairytale" one more time.... feck me sideways. 

One good thing about the season ending is people will stop caring about us. The coverage of Leicester in the last 2 years have been patronising and shit. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Liew reminds me of something I heard earlier on Talksport. 

That idiot Durham was asking 'do you want Leicester to win tonight, or has the Ranieri saga changed your mind?'

A Spurs fan called up and said we can't expect respect in 5 minutes and hopes we lose. When questioned and asked if he was bitter, he denied it. Said he'd support any English team in Europe, but not us, because we haven't earnt respect.

They crucified him, asked him about Spurs record in Europe this year and laughed him off the air!

A Sunderland fan also called in and said he hoped we got smashed 10-0.

A Forest fan hopes we win the Champs League, but gets relegated. Said he'd "laugh his socks off". Suppose something has to get him through another relegation lol

Our 'rivals' still bitter about us leaving them in our rear view mirror I see

1 hour ago, Koke said:

One good thing about the season ending is people will stop caring about us. The coverage of Leicester in the last 2 years have been patronising and shit. 

In the media yes. Personally I couldn't give a damn what Jamie Carragher, Martin Keown or any pundit has to say. Especially after the load of rubbish they were spouting when Ranieri was sacked.

However most neutral fans I've spoke to are quite fond of us and have nice things to say. A lot of neutrals were cheering us on last night.

Edited by foxes21

18 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's not an opposition fan's job to like us. We take pleasure in other team's lack of success, don't play the victim when others do it to us.

This.

As one of the Old School, I will get an extraordinary amount of pleasure if Forest are relegated this season.

5 hours ago, Koke said:

FAIRYTALE

7 hours ago, Koke said:

The "soul of football died" was the turning point for me. As you say, plenty of patronising or shit involved (and decent stuff too for balance) but all the bollocks around Ranieri's sacking was just pitiful. 

The fairytale line doesn't sit well with me at all, even if it's a positive spin. We aren't a fairytale team or club, we aren't alone in that but plenty can point to many things we've done to dismiss that notion.

• Like 2