Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Well done mate! Enjoy!

'Only' £100 - but £100 is £100!

I'm not playing in the big gambling league like Gaelic and Pabs.

A bit more cash in my PP account to lose on the golf now lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

'Only' £100 - but £100 is £100!

I'm not playing in the big gambling league like Gaelic and Pabs.

A bit more cash in my PP account to lose on the golf now lol

Highly advisable you stick to that I've not lost a massive bet on sport for very very long time but it's an absolute wounder when you do ?.  As I'm sure the resident paddy would of told you in the wake of Haye bellew

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really can’t understand why AJ Pulev isn’t at the 02 or Man Arena... save the stadiums for unifications etc, not another rollover fight! I’d imagine the atmosphere at Cardiff will be decent with the roof closed but I can see it being full and I’d much rather see a decent AJ night plus undercard back in an arena.

Obviously the reason is money but they can make that on PPV and sponsorship, I doubt bums on seats wherever it is changes that... it’s not like McGregor Mayweather was in some 100k college football stadium! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Moody boxing club in Befnul? What could go wrong? 

Anyone starts talking about pigs or dags, you get out of there James. 

@James.

You'll love it - the Leon McKenzie fight is a big one - make sure you are watching that!

Go have a beer - it'll be rowdy but friendly once everybody realises they are not in the ring and the stranger sat next to them isn't having a shoulder roll evening. Just be yourself and be prepared for live fighting to bring something out in you that isn't normally on the surface of your personality!

Have fun,

SL

Edited by Nick
Replied to the wrong post!

36 minutes ago, James. said:

Anyone ever been to York Hall in East London to watch boxing?

I live round the corner and am taking my Dad on Saturday night. Heard it can get a bit rowdy. Sure it'll be fun.

This is the card - I have no idea who any of them are.

Quite a few times.

It's probably the best boxing venue in the country, not a bad seat in the house. Can't see any aggro on Saturday looking at the fighters.

McKenzie v Rella is the fight of the night,  winner could be fighting Jahmaine Smyle.

Nice. Sounds excellent. Cheers for the tip as well.

Have been to the ExCel and O2 to watch a couple of big fights but never been to my local. My Dad used to box a little when he was a youngster so although he's now 73 I'll keep my eye on him to make sure he doesn't start any trouble.

32 minutes ago, James. said:

I live round the corner and am taking my Dad on Saturday night. Heard it can get a bit rowdy. Sure it'll be fun.

A great place to watch boxing, when it all falls a bit quiet you can hear all whats being said from the corner men and trainers, depending where you are sat you can even hear what the boxers are saying to each other.

It can get very rowdy and you can cut the tension with a knife sometimes which adds to it as with a lot of the area fights you have to remember that most of the fighters, trainers, family members etc all know each other pretty well and have done for years, and is always genuine needle between most of them which adds to a brilliant fight regardless if they are known names, a few will always try and ruin it who can't handle a beer but you tend to get that everywhere nowadays.

Leon Mckenzie you may or may not end up recognising as he used to be a pro footballer before he turned to boxing.

Will be a great night, enjoy!

12 hours ago, James. said:

Stay at back the and away form the VIP tickets lol 

decent little card that 

Brilliant night out at York Hall (apart from finding out you can't have a beer while watching the fight).

McKenzie fight was astonishing. Don't watch huge amounts of boxing so maybe the fights are always like that at this level but f**king hell it was absolutely brutal. Not surprised McKenzie has retired. Both of them were warriors. Never seen a fight like it.

Rest of the card was great as well, in particular the Liam Conroy win - think that came as a bit of a shock to a lot of the crowd.

No idea if he'll make it in the big time but thought Daniel Khan looked really good. And Jack Newham had the biggest support of the night, maybe people are expecting big things from him - he can't be much over 18.

• Like 1