Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

why?  What did he say that was so bad?

I guess he is referring to the ‘only shop in places owned by black people’ or words to that effect.

Ive seen a few people getting more than a bit miffed by it.

24 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I guess he is referring to the ‘only shop in places owned by black people’ or words to that effect.

Yeah, just seems strange that he would want Fury to 'knock six bells out of him' because Joshua said support black businesses, especially given he's fighting fury who has more than a chequered past when it comes to his views on abortion, homosexuality, transgender, jewish people...etc etc...

• Like 2

Imagine if someone told you a few years ago that if Joshua and Fury fought, it'd be AJ getting booed on his way to the ring.

I'm sure that Joshua was reading a from a speech. That said he seemed to have called Eddie Chambers "a disgrace to the superior black race" a few years ago and I don't think he's actually denied it. 

9 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Yeah, just seems strange that he would want Fury to 'knock six bells out of him' because Joshua said support black businesses, especially given he's fighting fury who has more than a chequered past when it comes to his views on abortion, homosexuality, transgender, jewish people...etc etc...

I really don’t think we should be getting into who is worst but I get your point.

I doubt anyone supports boxers based on their moral compass and I’m sure it was probably a bit of a reactionary post. Personally I’ll be hoping Fury wins as I do think he is the better boxer but I hope it’s tight and leave enough questions to make the second fight still interesting.

• Like 1

I hate myself for being so cynical in thinking they’ve agreed to an initial two fight deal in order to share the spoils 1-1 and then set up another money spinning third fight decider.

28 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I hate myself for being so cynical in thinking they’ve agreed to an initial two fight deal in order to share the spoils 1-1 and then set up another money spinning third fight decider.

I don’t think either fighter will want their records tarnished for money.

People said the same about the Fury, Wilder trilogy but it’s clear Fury expects to roll him over again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I don’t think either fighter will want their records tarnished for money.

People said the same about the Fury, Wilder trilogy but it’s clear Fury expects to roll him over again.

I'm sure you're right. I sadly lost faith and stopped trusting the boxing business years ago :unsure:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

It's far more likely that both just know a two fight series will be an enormous money spinner, plus from a sporting point of view AJ's camp are going to want guarantees of a rematch given how Fury will probably be the favourite after the couple of years they've both just had. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's far more likely that both just know a two fight series will be an enormous money spinner, plus from a sporting point of view AJ's camp are going to want guarantees of a rematch given how Fury will probably be the favourite after the couple of years they've both just had. 

Be funny if Whyte gets his mandatory beforehand and wins it, just to throw a spanner in the works.

Edited by Izzy

16 hours ago, Izzy said:

Be funny if Whyte gets his mandatory beforehand and wins it, just to throw a spanner in the works.

He won’t get that opportunity, no body will stand in the way of this. It’s what boxing is all about.

46 minutes ago, Strokes said:

He won’t get that opportunity, no body will stand in the way of this. It’s what boxing is all about.

Because he'll probably be paid to step aside and money talks. It's what boxing is all about. 

On 11/06/2020 at 14:29, Strokes said:

I think that’s how it’s got reported. It’s not actually what he said apparently.

On 11/06/2020 at 09:43, Foxes1 said:

After the rousing speech that Joshua did at the weekend I hope that Tyson Fury knocks six bells out of him.

Really?

lol 

E8BF4994-86FE-4E3A-9BA3-380C0FBA3B79.png

Edited by Swan Lesta

On 11/06/2020 at 15:02, RonnieTodger said:

Imagine if someone told you a few years ago that if Joshua and Fury fought, it'd be AJ getting booed on his way to the ring.

I'm sure that Joshua was reading a from a speech. That said he seemed to have called Eddie Chambers "a disgrace to the superior black race" a few years ago and I don't think he's actually denied it. 

He definitely did that.

Whyte is taking legal action against the WBC over not getting a shot and rightly so.

I’d not get too excited over Fury AJ yet it could still be well over a year away. This trickling news feed just gives their already interesting fights a “semi final” feel to it that will increase PPV sales by 10’s, if not 100’s over here.

On 11/06/2020 at 11:43, Finnegan said:

Well, every champion always has a second fight written into a contract when someone challenges him in case he loses. with them both being champions, it’s likely that someone will lose the first fight and will any a shot at winning their belt back.

Edited by MPH