Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

13 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Quigg is finished 

Jono deserves another shot at a title 

thought it would be a scrap but in reality Jono won every round and beat the shite out of Quigg 

Yeah time for the pipe and slippers, dreadful card from start to finish bar the Parker fight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Still, it’s a very pro IRA statement. Bobby Sands popularised it. I take your point though. 

There is no IRA anymore and I think the History should be left in the past 

Bobby Sands was a freedom fighter but he was also a teacher, scholar and martyr 

I also can appricate how it might upset people who were affected by the war in the north of Ireland but there was evil on all sides 

It’s high time Irish politics and history was given back to the Irish 

Something doesn’t feel right with this Usyk v Chisora fight. Maybe I’m being too cynical but all the talk sounds like a set up to me. 
I don’t trust Haye, Chisora, Hearn or Sky Sports so who knows what they’ve all got planned.

But I’m probably just talking bollux as normal and it’s all above board and genuine ;)

30 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Something doesn’t feel right with this Usyk v Chisora fight. Maybe I’m being too cynical but all the talk sounds like a set up to me. 
I don’t trust Haye, Chisora, Hearn or Sky Sports so who knows what they’ve all got planned.

But I’m probably just talking bollux as normal and it’s all above board and genuine ;)

I agree with you 

it’s a total sham 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

It’s a pay day for Del Boy and it helps to Build a false narrative about Usyk , all a con job really 

So you think he’s too small a stature (ala David Haye) to compete this the likes of Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Ruiz, Parker, Whyte??

On 12/03/2020 at 20:40, The Horse's Mouth said:

Pretty much, Usyk is being built by hearn for Joshua to keep ducking fury and wilder 

AJ doesn’t duck a fighter, and would never duck wilder who wobbles with every punch... I rightly picked fury would destroy Wilder, thought it would be within 5 but fury had him down twice by then so I take that as a decent prediction. Lost money because I put 20 on fury to knock wilder out in 5... sucked but he lasted longer than I thought. AJ gets him in 3.

Anyone can go back on post to see that was my prediction I was confident, Wilder has no stance or boxing ability, hadn’t beaten anyone of note and was just handed a title. 

Anyway back to proper boxers and not fakes like Wilder, Fury who I have grown to respect now I doubt AJ could beat him, although it would be the two best heavyweights and not so straight forward. 

Usyk isn’t on the radar yet unless he beats Chisora, which I think he will do on points, but not beat Whyte, yep he will have to fight Whyte to get near a heavyweight title. If he does and goes Fury, Usyk has zero chance though.

Wilder is the clown throughout, Ruiz, Whyte, AJ and Fury, plus Parker and even Usyk would beat him. They are Champions in their own right after all, something Wilder should never have been honoured with.

Edited by foxes_rule1978

9 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

AJ doesn’t duck a fighter, and would never duck wilder who wobbles with every punch... I rightly picked fury would destroy Wilder, thought it would be within 5 but fury had him down twice by then so I take that as a decent prediction. Lost money because I put 20 on fury to knock wilder out in 5... sucked but he lasted longer than I thought. AJ gets him in 3.

Anyone can go back on post to see that was my prediction I was confident, Wilder has no stance or boxing ability, hadn’t beaten anyone of note and was just handed a title. 

Anyway back to proper boxers and not fakes like Wilder, Fury who I have grown to respect now I doubt AJ could beat him, although it would be the two best heavyweights and not so straight forward. 

Usyk isn’t on the radar yet unless he beats Chisora, which I think he will do on points, but not beat Whyte, yep he will have to fight Whyte to get near a heavyweight title. If he does and goes Fury, Usyk has zero chance though.

Wilder is the clown throughout, Ruiz, Whyte, AJ and Fury, plus Parker and even Usyk would beat him. They are Champions in their own right after all, something Wilder should never have been honoured with.

AJ doesnt duck a fighter lol

13 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

life with no boxing football or tennis is shite 😂

Anyway, Just to let all those who frequent this thread, an enjoyable on,  probably one of the only ones on here that doesn’t regularly end up in meltdown and probably the only reason I’ve persevered with this shit looney bin of a forum for the past 12 months, I am off and won’t be back. It’s been emotional, @Col city fan all the best to your lad hope he stays successful and most importantly healthy.

Any proper boxing fans or visitors to the site who enjoy reading my posts or other similar insights into the sport https://www.othboxing.com/forum/index.php is where I’ll be spending my time, very knowledgeable and growing community moving into media work as well. Decent football thread as well,  @LinekersLugs  @Tinman can see you enjoying it and I’m sure plenty of others would as well. Take it easy.

Bye Pabs ..  :( ...    Don't really like normal people leaving ...  gets the prat average here higher !!   (Cue joke about I ought to leave then ...  :))

Anyway ...  what's your gnome-da-plum on the other site ? ...   same as on here ??

On 14/03/2020 at 21:45, Manwell Pablo said:

Anyway, Just to let all those who frequent this thread, an enjoyable on,  probably one of the only ones on here that doesn’t regularly end up in meltdown and probably the only reason I’ve persevered with this shit looney bin of a forum for the past 12 months, I am off and won’t be back. It’s been emotional, @Col city fan all the best to your lad hope he stays successful and most importantly healthy.

Any proper boxing fans or visitors to the site who enjoy reading my posts or other similar insights into the sport https://www.othboxing.com/forum/index.php is where I’ll be spending my time, very knowledgeable and growing community moving into media work as well. Decent football thread as well,  @LinekersLugs  @Tinman can see you enjoying it and I’m sure plenty of others would as well. Take it easy.

Ah that's a shame to see you go. All the best mate

Interesting that the UFC had fights behind closed doors. 

Perhaps an alternative to rescheduling for boxers as 12 week camps for a particular date make them more difficult to rearrange than football. They'd still make money from PPVs too? Obviously it wouldn't be anywhere near as good to watch without the crowd.

32 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Interesting that the UFC had fights behind closed doors. 

Perhaps an alternative to rescheduling for boxers as 12 week camps for a particular date make them more difficult to rearrange than football. They'd still make money from PPVs too? Obviously it wouldn't be anywhere near as good to watch without the crowd.

i think the UFC was better without the crowd tbh. felt much more raw and much more intense. 

On 16/03/2020 at 16:45, Sly said:

Anything in this further UKAD investigation into Fury? 

few reports from different sources saying the guy making the claims rang round asking for big money. didn’t get it. already lied under oath so it’s hard for him to be taken as speaking 100% truth.

On 14/03/2020 at 21:45, Manwell Pablo said:

What’s happened ?? 

5 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

What’s happened ?? 

Don’t worry Lugsy, Pabs may be gone but I’ll take up the slack with my insightful boxing knowledge and interesting anecdotes ...

I met Henry Cooper once ...    he’s was bigger than you think ! ..        :yesyes:

(There you go  ..   :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Don’t worry Lugsy, Pabs may be gone but I’ll take up the slack with my insightful boxing knowledge and interesting anecdotes ...

I met Henry Cooper once ...    he’s was bigger than you think ! ..        :yesyes:

(There you go  ..   :thumbup:

Boxers you’ve met :thumbup:

1. John Conteh - cheeky scouser, lovely fella

2. John H Stracey - got a signed picture of him in the loft somewhere. 

That’s it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...