Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Catterall v Taylor on Saturday! Long awaited rematch after one of the most unjust points decisions you'll ever see.

Stats from the original fight.

Josh Taylor vs. Jack Catterall - CompuBox Punch Stats - Boxing News (boxingscene.com)

Catterall scored a knockdown in the 8th and both had a point deducted.

The eye test looked like a clear Catterall win, then when you look at the stats, he arguably wins 9 or 10 of them.

I'm actually buzzing for this one more than the Fury v Usyk fight.

Catterall was robbed of a chance of some big fights by corrupt judging and I can't wait to see the man get revenge.

• Like 1

On 22/05/2024 at 10:06, filbertway said:

Catterall v Taylor on Saturday! Long awaited rematch after one of the most unjust points decisions you'll ever see.

Josh Taylor vs. Jack Catterall - CompuBox Punch Stats - Boxing News (boxingscene.com)

The eye test looked like a clear Catterall win, then when you look at the stats, he arguably wins 9 or 10 of them.

Catterall was robbed of a chance of some big fights by corrupt judging and I can't wait to see the man get revenge.

Looking forward to this. The decision from the first was absolutely disgusting.

Lost so much respect for Taylor following his response.

7 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Looking forward to this. The decision from the first was absolutely disgusting.

Lost so much respect for Taylor following his response.

Taylor's arrogance despite all evidence and logic being against him is one of the main reasons I'm so amped up and hoping Catterall knocks him out tonight lol

I'll also take Taylor dominating and then being robbed by biased english judges though :ph34r:

• Like 2

On 22/05/2024 at 10:06, filbertway said:

Presume it's on PPV?

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

DAZN

FFS...I still remember the days top british boxing was live on itv or lately on ch4 for free ☹

Posted (edited)

Been a Taylor fanboy since day 1 but for the sport in general and things to be right I’m genuinely hoping Catterall stops him…painful to say

Edited by EastAnglianFox

18 minutes ago, MPH said:

I’d be very interested in seeing Usyk Zhang at some stage 

Why? Zhang would be lucky to land a punch. He walks like he's got concrete boots on and his hands aren't much faster. He'd get murdered. 

I remember watching his fight against Hrgovic and really feeling sad about the state of the division outside the top two or three. It's no wonder people got over excited by rubbish like Joyce. 

Zhang isn't great, Wilder is just bad. He was a one trick pony fed a diet of bums and ringers on his way up to sell this idea of the big scary knock out artist. But he's got zero boxing fundamentals. 

To make it worse, Fury was sold to him the same way Brits see Andy Ruiz - fat, useless slob. So when he absolutely schools Wilder in the worst way possible it absolutely devastated his confidence. 

It's taken AJ a long time to recover from Ruiz but way more damage was done to Wilder and the heart is absolutely gone. I think even Tommy Fury would have given him a run for his money tonight. He looked utterly pathetic it was almost sad. 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Why? Zhang would be lucky to land a punch. He walks like he's got concrete boots on and his hands aren't much faster. He'd get murdered. 

I remember watching his fight against Hrgovic and really feeling sad about the state of the division outside the top two or three. It's no wonder people got over excited by rubbish like Joyce. 

Zhang isn't great, Wilder is just bad. He was a one trick pony fed a diet of bums and ringers on his way up to sell this idea of the big scary knock out artist. But he's got zero boxing fundamentals. 

To make it worse, Fury was sold to him the same way Brits see Andy Ruiz - fat, useless slob. So when he absolutely schools Wilder in the worst way possible it absolutely devastated his confidence. 

It's taken AJ a long time to recover from Ruiz but way more damage was done to Wilder and the heart is absolutely gone. I think even Tommy Fury would have given him a run for his money tonight. He looked utterly pathetic it was almost sad. 

Don’t take my desire to see the fight as thinking  Zhang has a chance.. but,  who else is there for Usyk to fight? After the Fury  rematch, with the roll that Zhang is on..

I get quite aggravated watching Zhang fight as he’s so slow and cumbersome..he somehow manages to win. Reminds me a bit of an older George Foreman… it’s like he’s got granite in his gloves.. his only loss was somewhat controversial to  Hrgovic..  quite a few had Zhang winning that.. as well as the first round  knock down Hrgovic was hurt a few times in that fight ..

but anyway, I think it’s a fight that should happen.

Disappointing that Wilder decided he couldn't be arsed tonight,  same as last fight. Hope he's done now, absolute loser 

Good night of fighting all round. Hutchinson and Nick Ball stepped up like champs.

Zinad gave a decent account of himself

12th October will be the fight of the decade! 

Posted (edited)
On 02/06/2024 at 03:13, filbertway said:

Disappointing that Wilder decided he couldn't be arsed tonight,  same as last fight. Hope he's done now, absolute loser 

Good night of fighting all round. Hutchinson and Nick Ball stepped up like champs.

Zinad gave a decent account of himself

12th October will be the fight of the decade! 

I genuinely think Malik Scott has ruined him as a trainer.... he's tried to turn him into a "boxer" (which he isn't capable off) - part of his danger was that he was wild and erratic and just threw bombs.... My personal opinion, is that by trying to get him to work off of the jab, he doesn't know when to throw the right hand and it's removed the only asset he had as a weapon.  That, coupled with the fact that the boxing world has figured out he can't fight off the back foot, so everyone of any quality is just pushing him back..... the fear factor has gone. 

I have to say though, there were some cracking fights on that Card. 

Edited by Greg2607
  • Like 2