Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

I quite like this Negan character. Rick's group is getting boring, lets have the show about the Saviours instead.

I haven't read the comics (although I still want to when I have time) but on the WD podcasts I listen to they made quite a big thing of his character being quiet 'charming' and that you hate to like him but I think JDM portrayed that pretty well. I'm looking forward to next season because of the saviours, that finale is the first time in ages I think Rick and the group have looked incredibly weak and it keeps it interesting.

I think I'm the only person who liked that ending though, massive cliffhanger keeps you longing for the new season.

Well that was bullshit. Completely ruined it, the thing that makes GOT so good is the massive big shocking moment and the wait for it to come back on again. Thay was just cheap and shit. I am just annoyed now and really there is less to talk about then if they had just shown who died.

• Like 1

I haven't read the comics (although I still want to when I have time) but on the WD podcasts I listen to they made quite a big thing of his character being quiet 'charming' and that you hate to like him but I think JDM portrayed that pretty well. I'm looking forward to next season because of the saviours, that finale is the first time in ages I think Rick and the group have looked incredibly weak and it keeps it interesting.

I think I'm the only person who liked that ending though, massive cliffhanger keeps you longing for the new season.

I haven't read any of the comics either and don't intend to. He's a great character though, I hope he's around for a while.

Well that was bullshit. Completely ruined it, the thing that makes GOT so good is the massive big shocking moment and the wait for it to come back on again. Thay was just cheap and shit. I am just annoyed now and really there is less to talk about then if they had just shown who died.

I agree. The reaction to what has happened will always create more interest than knowing nothing. I can't remember TWD doing it like this before. Have they?

Meh. This should've been TWD's own Red Wedding but instead they decided to do this lame cliffhanger ending. Reading the intarwebz it actually seems they don't know which character to kill off yet and so just delayed the decision depending on contracts, salary etc. A shame because the episode was actually awesome before the last few minutes.

• Like 1

Terrible cliffhanger. Awful writing. Dull. Repetitive.

The attempts to resolve sub-plots that never even took off to begin with was laughable.

Like AMC don't trust their WD viewers enough to stick around without cheap teasers... Should've offed one character brutally and made us watch, would've made me more inclined to see the emotional aftermath next series.

Good to see Steven Ogg who plays GTA V's Trevor, basically playing Trevor in this episode, though.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks they've ruined what could have been a classic episode for a cheap cliffhanger.

Oh trust me you aren't, about 85/90% of the fan base are pissed off with it

---------------

My thoughts? fvckin joke, the episode was gearing up to be one of the best in the series and then in the blink of an eye it gets ruined, and an iconic comic moment gets shit on. AMC probably told them it needed to end like this for more ratings for the S7 premiere but don't they know that they are doing more worse than good!

I just dunno what to think anymore about this show and the direction it is going, it seems to be all corporate bullshit and that just kills a show in the end

They have time to fix things though and there are plenty of positives still but these cheap ratings pulling cliffhangers need to end or fans will turn away

Season 6B was actually turning out to be one of the best but just like that it was ruined

Watched it tonight. May forget  about it if I have  to wait  till October.

Watched it on Putlocker and in one of the comments they said who it was in the comic.

Where did the RV go? Seemed a bit odd getting out to  walk and not expecting to meet that gang. Thought they had a plan.

i think it was probably the "creepiest" episode ever imo.

had this feeling in my stomach the whole way through but the cliff hanger ending to me suggests none of the main characters died although i guess we'll find out in about 6 loooooong months :(

Please be Coral...please be Coral.  :fc:

Definitely not Carl as Negan said “If anybody says anything, cut the boy’s other eye out and feed it to his father,” I also doubt it would be Rick as threatening Carl would keep Rick in line, which you wouldn't need to do if you were beating him to death. 

You've got to think there would be more of a reaction from Glen or Maggie if it was one of them, likewise from Rick if it was Michonne, or Abraham if it was Sasha or Rosita (kill me instead type thing), which leaves Daryl, Abraham, Eugene, Aaron.

Can't  see it being Daryl, he's half dead already, Aaron is the newest member of the gang and not really integrated, so would be an easy one for the writers to kill off, Eugene is a bit of a nothing character but is growing on me, but my money is on Abraham the biggest and strongest one, if I was a psychopath wanting to make an example he would be the one I would kill. Either that or one of the women, just to say I don't give a fvck and will kill any of you on a whim even a sick pregnant woman, but I can't see the writers doing that.

As for the episode, it was good until the teaser ending, but there were other bits I didn't like, they knew they were being  hunted down, surely by the second road block you either turn back and try and treat Maggie at Alexandria or you make a stand, go back to the first road block where they were evenly  matched ditch the van and go and kill them all from a far.

I liked the kill POV at the end, but keeping us guessing as to who it was for 6 months, c'mon that's poor.

Just a heads up to anybody reading some of the discussion posts about TWD on other sites, this storyline played out in the comics, so you might end up reading about who "met Lucille" in the comics. No guarantee that they will kill off the same person, but it may spoil it. 

For fans of the comic book are they still being published or have they finished now?

It'll be Glenn IMO. The fact he should've died at least 3 times already, and the possible foreshadowing of him looking at the pictures of the blokes with their heads caved a few episode ago. 

Anyone spot any nearby bins he could've hid under?

Wont be carl, glenn or rick as they play significant roles one way or another in the comic.

Will either be abraham, his mate with the mullet or the gay guy i forget his name.

Or Daryl as he is not even in the comic.

Edited by m4DD0gg

Could be none as someone said  because they are not showing who. Negan said he wanted them to work for him so thinks it will keep them on their toes and just randomly kill one to keep them guessing hoping they will turn on each other.

They might have lost me following that ****, plus the last 4 episodes have been lethargic and a couple of incidents aside, pretty boring. 60 minutes of the finale were pure and utter filler.

Plus Negan wasn't menacing in the slightest, sitting waiting in the RV for the 'compere' to announce his arrival, and what WAS that with the whistling - what a bunch of pussies - I actually sat there laughing at how bad it was.

It just feels like the show has lost its way and running out of ideas - if you don't agree, watch season 1 or season 3/4 again and you'll see what I mean.

Edited by wurmer

Sadly I already know who died, from some ****er on Reddit randomly saying without a spoiler tag about Negan, the baseball bat and what happens 2 years ago. That's if they follow the comics of course. At least the next 6 month wait will at least feel somewhat less painful. 

Fear the Walking dead starts up again at least, I quite enjoyed season 1.

Edited by lgfualol

Oh come on, was anyone surprised they left it on a cliffhanger? They do it so often. Even if they did show who got killed, it would have just ended there and would have been as bad, it's not like they had time to skip the story forward and show what life is like under Neegan. 

But that's fine, leaving the season with everyone in a world of shit, like Terminus isn't a problem. You could even start the next season with them all living in this world having bowed down to Negan, some in Alexandria having to give all their stuff to Negan  (Maggie, Glenn, Aaron, Edith, Carl etc) some in his gang going out and killing others (Sasha, Abraham, Rosita, Michonne) some in detention for not bending the knee/keeping the other in line (Rick, Daryl).  Then you have Morgan and Carol and Tara and Heath on the outside with the dudes on horses and Jesus trying to figure out what is going on. Then we find out how they all end up there during the season as well as settling it with the inevitable Zombie filled bloodbath. Whetting the appetite for what could be an awesome season is one thing.

Killing someone and not revealing who for 6 months is just a bit shit, by the time we find out we won't care any more about the death, it won't be as shocking as seeing them be killed. It's different to ending a season not knowing if a character has been killed or not (Game of Thrones, people are still desperately waiting to find out nearly a year later) it is more like an inverse who killed Phil in Eastenders plot line.

I enjoyed the kill scene POV, but it needed to end with seeing the face of who was killed, and the writers apparently not even having decided on who it will be yet just screams weak publicity stunt.

Sadly I already know who died, from some ****er on Reddit randomly saying without a spoiler tag about Negan, the baseball bat and what happens 2 years ago. That's if they follow the comics of course. At least the next 6 month wait will at least feel somewhat less painful. 

Fear the Walking dead starts up again at least, I quite enjoyed season 1.

I saw that "spoiler" too but...

There is every chance it won't be that person, they deviate frequently from the comics, and they have been known to follow the comic book storyline but kill off a different character, for example Denise's death by crossbow bolt happens in the comic, but it isn't Denise that is killed by Dwight, I won't say who is, but it could be one of the 11 surrounded by Saviours and they could have been saving that person's death for this bit to keep the person that  Negan killed in the comic alive, or maybe not, I have read that the writers haven't decided yet who dies.

Edited by Captain...