Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

This seems to be a big dicussion in America (at least on the internet). Either make programs people want to watch available and for a fee online or face everyone pirating it. Nobody wants to pay extortionate fees for 1 channel just so they can watch 1 show.

Until they get with the times and make these accessible then piracy will thrive.

This seems to be a big dicussion in America (at least on the internet). Either make programs people want to watch available and for a fee online or face everyone pirating it. Nobody wants to pay extortionate fees for 1 channel just so they can watch 1 show.

Until they get with the times and make these accessible then piracy will thrive.

Too right as well. 

****ing joke.

It's not even making it available online I'd be happy to wait for the box set, I'm just not waiting 12 months for it!

Too right as well. 

****ing joke.

It's not even making it available online I'd be happy to wait for the box set, I'm just not waiting 12 months for it!

Exactly. I predict a revolution withing the next 5 years in terms of how television is delivered. It's already happening with Netflix and Lovefilm but hopefully the big networks will start leaking viewers and realise they need to find a different way of giving customers access to their favourite tv shows upon release.

You can pirate tv shows now literally 5 minutes after the episode has ended, there's so much potential for a legitimate pay-for service on an itemised basis. I guess it's another situation where people need to vote with their wallet and they're making money as it stands from a whole lot of people still signed up for overpriced cable.

Too right as well.

****ing joke.

Exactly. I predict a revolution withing the next 5 years in terms of how television is delivered. It's already happening with Netflix and Lovefilm but hopefully the big networks will start leaking viewers and realise they need to find a different way of giving customers access to their favourite tv shows upon release.

You can pirate tv shows now literally 5 minutes after the episode has ended, there's so much potential for a legitimate pay-for service on an itemised basis. I guess it's another situation where people need to vote with their wallet and they're making money as it stands from a whole lot of people still signed up for overpriced cable.

its the only way to beat pirates. I watched the last series of breaking bad on netflix, but if I had had to wait till the series end, I would have downloaded it each week.

Just keeping up the moral standards of the forum! :P

There's nothing Immoral about making a stand over something that is clearly stupid and needs to be changed whether it be illegal or not, like I say the vast majority of my games/blu rays etc are shop bought and I subscribe to Netflix, if i was desperate to watch something on something like Lovefilm and cancel Netflix for a big and sign up to that for a bit, Game of Thrones is impossible to watch without paying stupid amounts (in the grand scheme of things probably twice of what a Bluray box set would be, probably more) which is silly, not consumer friendly, so I pirate it, I'm afraid. 

If everyone throughout out history followed your way of thinking we'd still think the world is flat, would know nothing about human anatomy and the church would still run the country.

There's nothing Immoral about making a stand over something that is clearly stupid and needs to be changed whether it be illegal or not, like I say the vast majority of my games/blu rays etc are shop bought and I subscribe to Netflix, if i was desperate to watch something on something like Lovefilm and cancel Netflix for a big and sign up to that for a bit, Game of Thrones is impossible to watch without paying stupid amounts (in the grand scheme of things probably twice of what a Bluray box set would be, probably more) which is silly, not consumer friendly, so I pirate it, I'm afraid. 

If everyone throughout out history followed your way of thinking we'd still think the world is flat, would know nothing about human anatomy and the church would still run the country.

If everyone was like me we'd never have left Africa!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

On the dl, will be watching as soon as I get back from work.

Going back to my earlier point about piracy/on demand service because it was mentioned on Radio 1 this morning in what sounded quite a preachy manner. They're still unsurprisingly missing the point though..."Police will be doing more to crack down on pirates of the most illegally downloaded show" etc.

No. Offer affordable services for the most popular tv shows and people won't download illegally. I'd be more than happy to pay the price of a dvd set if it allowed me to watch the shows at time of airing online. The technology is readily available and it's easily done, get with the times.

On the dl, will be watching as soon as I get back from work.

Going back to my earlier point about piracy/on demand service because it was mentioned on Radio 1 this morning in what sounded quite a preachy manner. They're still unsurprisingly missing the point though..."Police will be doing more to crack down on pirates of the most illegally downloaded show" etc.

No. Offer affordable services for the most popular tv shows and people won't download illegally. I'd be more than happy to pay the price of a dvd set if it allowed me to watch the shows at time of airing online. The technology is readily available and it's easily done, get with the times.

Exactly, if Sky Atlantic was available on Virgin, then I wouldn't be forced to steal it from t'internet (and I can't get Sky in my flat).

You make it as easy to watch legally as steal from the internet, then more people will do that, and they will have no excuse if caught, I don't pirate music anymore as I have Spotify Premium and am happy to pay what I pay for the service rather than illegally download.

Exactly, if Sky Atlantic was available on Virgin, then I wouldn't be forced to steal it from t'internet (and I can't get Sky in my flat).

You make it as easy to watch legally as steal from the internet, then more people will do that, and they will have no excuse if caught, I don't pirate music anymore as I have Spotify Premium and am happy to pay what I pay for the service rather than illegally download.

Same, it's a great service, good value and most importantly on demand. Neflix, lovefilm and the like have had huge success, the thing is though that enough people seem to pay the cable companies for the service. It seems stupid that they want to have their cake and eat it though. Either offer an on demand service on top or stop whining, the networks only care about subscription income they'd lose out on.

Same, it's a great service, good value and most importantly on demand. Neflix, lovefilm and the like have had huge success, the thing is though that enough people seem to pay the cable companies for the service. It seems stupid that they want to have their cake and eat it though. Either offer an on demand service on top or stop whining, the networks only care about subscription income they'd lose out on.

It is incredible how slow people have been to react to new technology, especially in industries you would think would be at the cutting edge of it, like TV and music, the fact that they are still wasting money fightin pirates rather than investing in cheaper more accessible distribution means just indicates how clueless they are.

It is incredible just how quick streams and downloads are put up, especially in foreign languages, my ex was Spanish, so we would watch stuff like GOT together with subtitles, and someone would have translated the whole episode and stuck it on line within hours of it first being broadcast. Admittedly the translations weren't always perfect, but if normal people can do it that quickly and make available to the masses and do so for free, then surely the networks can do something.

Edited by Captain Pancake Face
  • Like 1

It is incredible how slow people have been to react to new technology, especially in industries you would think would be at the cutting edge of it, like TV and music, the fact that they are still wasting money fightin pirates rather than investing in cheaper more accessible distribution means just indicates how clueless they are.

It is incredible just how quick streams and downloads are put up, especially in foreign languages, my ex was Spanish, so we would watch stuff like GOT together with subtitles, and someone would have translated the whole episode and stuck it on line within hours of it first being broadcast. Admittedly the translations weren't always perfect, but if normal people can do it that quickly and make available to the masses and do so for free, then surely the networks can do something.

You DO realise that Medieval Land Fun-Time World isn't the official version of GoT? :P

• Like 1

Quite a slow first episode I thought but that was expected. Daario Naharis sure has changed alot.

Not a fan of new Daario, I liked sleazy old Daario, thought he had the right combo of arrogance, good lucks and dirtbag.

Really enjoyed it as a first episode, don't think it was particularly slow either. I'm used to them having to be fairly brief with stuff but thought most scenes were good. Good to see Janos is still a ****.

For future reference, is this a tv show spoilers thread but no book spoilers?

Edited by Haydos