Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

Holy fvck. Holy holy fvck.

R + L = J (just about) confirmed, massacre in KL (sort of predicted that), Dany's fleet sets sail....

Only (marginal) disappointment was the Army of the Dead not reaching the Wall yet. But I'm guessing that's not far away.

The cinematography of that entire first KL sequence....unreal.

Well, let me see...

So what's everyone's prediction for the finale then?

I'll go with...

Cersei's trial goes ahead, but during the proceedings the High Sparrow is assassinated by Margaery, having played the long game all along. - not quite, but he did die.

Cersei (with help from Qyburn) then triggers the wildfire underneath the Great Sept, killing practically all the remaining Faith Militant plus a lot more people besides. - spot on.

As in the book, both Kevan Lannister and Pycelle get offed courtesy of Varys. - one out of two isn't bad, though the one ordering the killing is different.

King's Landing promptly descends into anarchy. - not yet.

And then someone sees a fleet on the horizon... - soon. Though unsure if Dany will just steam straight into the Blackwater.

White ravens head out all over Westeros to herald winter. - obvious thing that happened.

At the Twins, Jaime (or another party) kill Walder Frey and retribution for the Red Wedding is had. - Yep, this one was right.

At Winterfell, Daros kills Melisandre in retribution, but perhaps dies himself. Littlefinger either makes a bargain with Sansa or she kills him, not sure. - pretty damn close on both fronts, but not quite.

The Night's King reaches the Wall, and thanks to his own power and Bran's mistake he brings it down in spectacular fashion, wiping out practically all of the Night's Watch at Castle Black. - not yet...

And so winter arrives, and the two major invasions of Westeros begin, with no one left in any way prepared to stop them. - ....and not yet.

Whirlwind of an episode! Once again, why is so much left to the last episode? Apart from the trial, things seemed so rushed, especially the time travelling/timeline issues were bad today (Varys???). I loved the clerk at Oldtown though. He's a Danish comedian and seeing him nearly had me spewing beer all over the couch! Fun little cameo.

Whirlwind of an episode! Once again, why is so much left to the last episode? Apart from the trial, things seemed so rushed, especially the time travelling/timeline issues were bad today (Varys???). I loved the clerk at Oldtown though. He's a Danish comedian and seeing him nearly had me spewing beer all over the couch! Fun little cameo.

I think that a good bit of time passed between the scenes in King's Landing and the scene in Dorme, as well as the final shot.

Love how obviously the budget has grown with the show's popularity. We are now at a point where I have seen people saying that GoT is a better series than the Wire and its not complete hyperbole.

Literally incredible scenes in those last 2 episodes.

The musical score throughout the episode was superb.  The musical score hasn't really had a lasting impression on me to this point through series 1-5, apart from the opening score and possibly Melisandre's theme.  It was seriously good though last night and eclipses many big budget films on that alone imo.

As for the episode itself, I could see where that view out of the window would end up and it made me laugh.  King's Landing.  Well and truly that.  And Frey pie.  lol

I need to get on to the books, although I say this after every season and never get round to it!  Still only just into the second book.

The musical score throughout the episode was superb.  The musical score hasn't really had a lasting impression on me to this point through series 1-5, apart from the opening score and possibly Melisandre's theme.  It was seriously good though last night and eclipses many big budget films on that alone imo.

What about the Sons of the Harpy theme? Menacing.

Agree yesterdays was brilliant though.

So who is John Snow's mum? Didn't get that bit. Is Ned Stark his real dad ?

His mum is Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister. The father is Rhaegar Targaryen (brother of Danaerys, not the brother from the first few seasons, but a brother that King Robert killed on the battlefield)

Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister) is Jon's mum. That's who you saw in the last episode giving birth in the Tower Of Joy. And the reason it cut from the baby's face straight to Jon's is that whole scene was to show that Ned isn't Jon's real father (he obviously didn't shag his sister as she was being held captive for over a year)

There's a background to the whole story of why the Mad King's son Prince Rhaegar Targaryen (Dany's older brother) kidnapped her, and the war that followed here:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Robert's_Rebellion

There's no spoilers there other than background stuff from the books. It explains a lot. You need to know that Rickard Stark was Ned and Lyanna's father, and Brandon was her brother.

There's also the fact that Rhaegar was extremely keen on Lyanna and likely that she probably liked him too. So the story that Rhaegar raped her was likely just propaganda from the Baratheon side to make sure everyone else was on their side.

Edited by The Bear

His mum is Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister. The father is Rhaegar Targaryen (brother of Danaerys, not the brother from the first few seasons, but a brother that King Robert killed on the battlefield)

Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister) is Jon's mum. That's who you saw in the last episode giving birth in the Tower Of Joy. And the reason it cut from the baby's face straight to Jon's is that whole scene was to show that Ned isn't Jon's real father (he obviously didn't shag his sister as she was being held captive for over a year)

There's a background to the whole story of why the Mad King's son Prince Rhaegar Targaryen (Dany's older brother) kidnapped her, and the war that followed here:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Robert's_Rebellion

There's no spoilers there other than background stuff from the books. It explains a lot. You need to know that Rickard Stark was Ned and Lyanna's father, and Brandon was her brother.

There's also the fact that Rhaegar was extremely keen on Lyanna and likely that she probably liked him too. So the story that Rhaegar raped her was likely just propaganda from the Baratheon side to make sure everyone else was on their side.

thanks makes sense now.

Finally caught up on the last 3 episodes after being on holiday, cracking end to probably the best series overall. Love Ramsey as a character actually hate him which shows how good he is! The last two episodes rating 10 on IMDb shows how good they were only ever one other 10 episode on there and that was from breaking bad!

A season that started so badly ends so magnificently. Actual tears in my eyes at the beginning of the battle for Winterfell.

I didn't think it started badly, I thought it started quite well then tailed off after the Hodor episode before coming back with a big finish.