Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

(Don't read any of this unless you want to be spoiled for this season)

Someone on the reddit forum has posted literally everything he knows and so far its all come true, this is what is to come.

- The northern lords gather and announce their loyalty to house stark and want Jon as their king.
- Starks win the battle but RIckon dies, Ramsay releases Rickon and says to run to Jon and shoots him with a arrow as he reaches Jon.
- Jon beats up Ramsay to the point of death then stops and has him fed to the dogs/Ghost.
- Riverlands Blackfish dies but there are hundreds of wolves who are lead by Nymeria and kills loads of Freys.
- Their is a Red wedding 2.0 - Could be to do with the Wolves or could be the Brotherhood without banners/ Tullys on the Freys and Lannisters.
- Tommen dies (kills himself)
- House Tyrell is wiped off by Cercei (Last episode)
- He didn't know if Stoneheart was in or who the people on the crosses were.
- Oh also, it look's bleek for the starks they are getting crushed in the battle the boltons are using a wall of dead bodies and trapping the wildlings in using that shield wall to close them in and then littlefinger swoops in and finishes the Bolton army/Karstark/Umber army.- Tormund kills Smalljon
- House Manderly, Cerywyn and Glover join the starks after that little morment girl gives a speech how she will only ever follow the Starks the only true kings in the north.

Actually thought this one was pretty weaksauce too - started out promising with the Hound swinging back into action, but again there was an awful lot of filler and some...dubious decisions regarding character arcs.

The KL part of it is interesting as it approaches the inevitable tinderbox though - and I mean that literally, Qyburn's little bit of rumour related news to Cersei can only be an abandoned cache of wildfire underneath the Great Sept.

Actually thought this one was pretty weaksauce too - started out promising with the Hound swinging back into action, but again there was an awful lot of filler and some...dubious decisions regarding character arcs.

The KL part of it is interesting as it approaches the inevitable tinderbox though - and I mean that literally, Qyburn's little bit of rumour related news to Cersei can only be an abandoned cache of wildfire underneath the Great Sept.

I had a little bit of a fit at the end. I found the Faceless Men ending very weak.

They also really haven't had much of a clue what to do with Jaime throughout the series.

At least this wasn't as protracted as Dorne...

I suppose the outcome was the best possible solution for all parties, but the way it was woven into the show seems out of place.

I would drink Missandei's bath water.

Okay.

Another odd episode that didn't quite work for me:

the "joke telling" in Mereen was bloody awful, and the sudden siege and arrival of Danerys just didn't work, at first I thought it was Euron coming, but it's all a bit of a mess.

The Arya story started well with the death of the actress and the chase with the waif/terminator, but the ending was piss poor, I hoped it would end with the Waif and Jaqen but then the Waif turns out to be Arya wearing the Waif's face and she stabs him in the back, but if she was to defeat the Waif it would  have been nice to actually see it rather than just see her extinguish a candle, at least that is over now and she is back to being Arya and going back to Westeros.

I don't really get the story line with the brotherhood, I thought it was going to be LSH, but instead it was all some weird good/bad brotherhood rift and now the hound is joining them...

The stuff at Riverrun was also done poorly, would have been much better if the Blackfish had escaped with his men and gone with Brienne to help Sansa or ended up fighting Jamie and we see that he is getting some of swordsmanship back, Jamie kills Blackfish but allows Brienne and Pod safe passage, that would have been better than just dying off screen.

I did enjoy the King's Landing scenes with the Mountain, and the High Sparrow then pulling Cersei's trump cad out from under her, but what does Qyburn have up his sleeve? The rest of the episode was poor.

Another odd episode that didn't quite work for me:

the "joke telling" in Mereen was bloody awful, and the sudden siege and arrival of Danerys just didn't work, at first I thought it was Euron coming, but it's all a bit of a mess.

The Arya story started well with the death of the actress and the chase with the waif/terminator, but the ending was piss poor, I hoped it would end with the Waif and Jaqen but then the Waif turns out to be Arya wearing the Waif's face and she stabs him in the back, but if she was to defeat the Waif it would  have been nice to actually see it rather than just see her extinguish a candle, at least that is over now and she is back to being Arya and going back to Westeros.

I don't really get the story line with the brotherhood, I thought it was going to be LSH, but instead it was all some weird good/bad brotherhood rift and now the hound is joining them...

The stuff at Riverrun was also done poorly, would have been much better if the Blackfish had escaped with his men and gone with Brienne to help Sansa or ended up fighting Jamie and we see that he is getting some of swordsmanship back, Jamie kills Blackfish but allows Brienne and Pod safe passage, that would have been better than just dying off screen.

I did enjoy the King's Landing scenes with the Mountain, and the High Sparrow then pulling Cersei's trump cad out from under her, but what does Qyburn have up his sleeve? The rest of the episode was poor.

Completely agree with your assessment.

As some analyser put it, it seemed like he creators enjoyed building up to certain big fan theories and expectations (LSH, Cleganebowl, Fight Club-style Arya) and pouring cold water over them

Really disappointed with the ending of Ary's storyline especially when you think how it has lasted for two seasons. I am hoping that it will have a pay off later when Arya used skills that she has gained to do something awesome like how Bran's storyline eventually paid off.

I actually enjoyed Riverrun scenes especially with Jaime and Brienne's reunion and Jaime's identity conflict but I will concede that Blackfish's exit was tame. KL and Meereen scenes were nothing special but I am looking forward to see which direction Tyrion and Daenery's relationship takes now  as Tyrion have let her down with his handling of slave masters.

Edited by The Blur

Really disappointed with the ending of Ary's storyline especially when you think how it has lasted for two seasons. I am hoping that it will have a pay off later when Arya used skills that she has gained to do something awesome like how Bran's storyline eventually paid off.

I actually enjoyed Riverrun scenes especially with Jaime and Brienne's reunion and Jaime's identity conflict but I will concede that Blackfish's exit was tame. KL and Meereen scenes was nothing special but I am looking forward to see which direction Tyrion and Daenery's relationship takes now  as Tyrion have let her down with his handling of slave masters.

Yeah, the ending prompted a few angry remarks on my part.

Does anybody think the writing this season has really decreased in quality since they've moved away from the books.

Not really as they are following Martin's blueprint loosely and the writers/directors have proven that they can pull off plot changes successfully.  My opinion is that they have a clear blueprint for S7 and S8 and are using this season to build up storylines hence three successive filler episodes. 

Edited by The Blur

I think this is becoming like Lost and he's making it up as he goes along now. There seems to be too much of nothing going on to justify the episodes being aired.

He's sort of made a rod for his own back with there being so much going on but sometimes characters have poor storylines just so we don't forget who they are.

Did we ever find out what happened to Robert Baratheon's blacksmith lovechild? The one that was put on a rowing boat?

Nope, he's still rowing.

He'll probably turn up to stake his claim in S7 and get eaten by a dragon inside 5 mins!

As a Baratheon bastard though he'd need to be legitimised same as Ramsey Bolton was before he can claim any title. Can't see that happening unless someone gets desperate, or who would do it either.

Nope, he's still rowing.

He'll probably turn up to stake his claim in S7 and get eaten by a dragon inside 5 mins!

As a Baratheon bastard though he'd need to be legitimised same as Ramsey Bolton was before he can claim any title. Can't see that happening unless someone gets desperate, or who would do it either.

Varys going on a secret mission might bring Gendry back? If anyone knows where he currently is, it'll be Varys. Might be in Illyrio's custody?

I know there's the whole Aegon thing in the books, but I doubt he'll be introduced now in the show.

With everyone else here. Top-drawer stuff.

Anyone else yelling cheers at the TV/computer screen when Jon was beating the shit out of Ramsay and then later on when the dogs started their work?

The only thing that could have made that better was if Sansa had whistled and the dogs had gone in then, just like Ramsay used to.