Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

Really? 

We've got Benjen/Coldhands for the first time

and you're saying that's crap? Fair enough.

Well, that was the only super interesting scene unless you're a fan of Dany or care about King's Landing.

Sam's homecoming was good too as a dramatic scene/sequence.

Well, that was the only super interesting scene unless you're a fan of Dany or care about King's Landing.

Sam's homecoming was good too as a dramatic scene/sequence.

Fair point, though I thought both the KL and Dany sequences were good setups for what's to follow.

Also, seeing Randyll Tarly

be as much of a cvnt as he is made out to be in the books and hearsay

was bloody good too.

Fair point, though I thought both the KL and Dany sequences were good setups for what's to follow.

Don't disagree about KL.

And the Riverlands

But Dany...

that was just another smug, power speech moment for her. And yeah, it was kinda cool cause she was riding Drogon, but it's still gonna take at least 5 episodes for her to get to Westeros.

Also, I love how she conveniently didn't repeat the part of Drogo's promise that he "will rape their women, take their children as slaves and bring their broken gods back to Vaes Dothrak."

Looks like all the remaining starks could see each other by the end of the season.

Forgot about Arya's scenes. Those were good too.

There's never two massive episodes in a row. I personally enjoyed it.

Arya's convo with that actress was sad, she was pretty much talking about her and Ned Stark, never got to say goodbye, etc.

The khaleesi bit was a bit cheesy but whatever, the faster she gets to Westeros the better.

A bit of a blue baller, lots of build up but no climax.

Tommen joining with the sparrows was an unexpected turn, I was expecting a brutal bloody scene but just got intrigue.

I enjoyed Sam's homecoming.

Arya becoming Arya again and joining the troupe was expected, but it seems that the Waif is out to get her so that could be a good scrap.

Benjen was again expected, but nicely done.

I'm looking forward to the Riverrun scenes.

Dany's scenes were a bit meh, nice dragon, but it's all a bit meh, she has some of the Mad King in her and I like that side, but I don't know if she is the returning conqueror or a crazy dragon lady. I also find it weird that in Westeros they have all forgotten about her now. 

A bit of a blue baller, lots of build up but no climax.

Tommen joining with the sparrows was an unexpected turn, I was expecting a brutal bloody scene but just got intrigue.

I enjoyed Sam's homecoming.

Arya becoming Arya again and joining the troupe was expected, but it seems that the Waif is out to get her so that could be a good scrap.

Benjen was again expected, but nicely done.

I'm looking forward to the Riverrun scenes.

Dany's scenes were a bit meh, nice dragon, but it's all a bit meh, she has some of the Mad King in her and I like that side, but I don't know if she is the returning conqueror or a crazy dragon lady. I also find it weird that in Westeros they have all forgotten about her now. 

Apart from the Greyjoys. But then, there are no news of her since she left the arena in grand style. I suspect that as soon as she is back in Meereen, things will gather pace.

I'm also interested to see what Margaery's plan is. Surely she's just putting on a show after we saw that scene with Loras and her.

Not sure how Arya is supposed to survive against faceless assassins in the long run.

Don't understand what they are doing with the North, i never cross the show with the books as they are two different things but the northern houses hate the boltons in the books and want vengeance for the starks and the north yet none of them give a **** in the show, think the show has missed out on some great plots.

Don't understand what they are doing with the North, i never cross the show with the books as they are two different things but the northern houses hate the boltons in the books and want vengeance for the starks and the north yet none of them give a **** in the show, think the show has missed out on some great plots.

I think it is to "empower" Sansa since she likely decided to get Baelish's help.

Agreed.

Lots of plotlines being set up, and expect most of them to explode in the final three.

Bravos and the Riverlands next, Winterfell after that, and Kings Landing for the final probably.

Bravos and the Riverlands next, Winterfell after that, and Kings Landing for the final probably.

Spot on, apart from ep 10 I reckon.

Ep 10 = King's Landing, and Storm's End, and the Wall. I think at seasons end (just in time for KL to fall into anarchy) you'll get the twofer: Dany landing her forces at SE, and the Army of the Dead reaching the Wall.

Spot on, apart from ep 10 I reckon.

Ep 10 = King's Landing, and Storm's End, and the Wall. I think at seasons end (just in time for KL to fall into anarchy) you'll get the twofer: Dany landing her forces at SE, and the Army of the Dead reaching the Wall.

The trailer for next week shows the Cersei and the mountain vs Lancel showdown, and brienne reaching the riverlands and meeting up with Jaime. And loads of fighting.

Bets on Jaime getting capped in the Riverlands?

Leading nicely to a total collapse of the Lannisters by Season finale. Tommen finally stands up for/against his mother and ends up dead and Cersei killed by her own cousin to wipe them out.

So book readers - anyone else think LSH will be making an appearance sometime this season?

not sure, do we all think it was the brotherhood that killed septon Lovejoy and his men? It doesn't seem like the brotherhood as they are portrayed in the book, but then LSH comes along and joins the brotherhood at the expense of Beric Dondarrion and they start executing people, but only bad people Freys/Boltons/Lannisters. The  Brotherhood were good guys and executing the Septon and his men seems out of character