Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

21 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I couldn't understand how they managed to attach the chains to the dragon without breaking the ice.

Then again this was an army of the undead trying to resurrect a dragon so perhaps I should just suspend my disbelief.

Didn't you see the hordes crashing through the ice earlier in the episode? They were just standing down at the bottom waiting for the chains duh :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, deejdeej said:

It usually pisses me off when episodes get leaked early, however I go on holiday on Sunday and won't be able to watch the finale... HBO Spain, do your thing!

Really hope they leak the final. I can't wait until next Monday to watch - it is too ****ing risky with the spoilers.

58 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Really hope they leak the final. I can't wait until next Monday to watch - it is too ****ing risky with the spoilers.

That's a bit of a paradox. If there is no leak there won't be any true spoilers, just speculation...

10 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

That's a bit of a paradox. If there is no leak there won't be any true spoilers, just speculation...

I have American friends who will watch it on Sunday night, post all about it everywhere and bother me on Monday while I am at work lol 

When there was the leak I watched it before them and had power for a bit. 

Edited by lgfualol

20 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I've been a bit sad this series. Recording it in the middle of the night, getting up an hour early for work monday morning to watch it

What?! You're able to wait until Monday morning?? :blink::ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I called several people a **** for telling me jon snow died and became a walker...........they were proved to be bullshitting. wankers

Well he did walk again, didn't he? lol

Edit: Technically, he would be a 'walker' thgouh. He was just resurrected by a different person to the Night's King. So they weren't bullshitting ;)

Edited by shen
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ashley said:

So what do we think to Bran potentially being the Knight King? 

I think Bran is a med;ling **** who should have died when he got pushed off the tower for perving.

plus, he's a bit of a wierdo

15 minutes ago, Ashley said:

So what do we think to Bran potentially being the Knight King? 

In the books, maybe, as Martin loves his sci-fi. In the show, I feel it wouldn't be in the spirit of the first 7 seasons. 

I sincerely doubt the showrunners will add more paradoxes after the whole Hodor thing.

They'd be better off explaining some history to elaborate on why the Night's King and the White Walkers are marching on the wall, and why now. I think they'll just go with "death is evil, so there!" as Hollywood shows do that in most cases. Appealing to the lowest common denominator and keep it simple...

4 minutes ago, shen said:

In the books, maybe, as Martin loves his sci-fi. In the show, I feel it wouldn't be in the spirit of the first 7 seasons. 

I sincerely doubt the showrunners will add more paradoxes after the whole Hodor thing.

They'd be better off explaining some history to elaborate on why the Night's King and the White Walkers are marching on the wall, and why now. I think they'll just go with "death is evil, so there!" as Hollywood shows do that in most cases. Appealing to the lowest common denominator and keep it simple...

I haven't read the books but im informed the Knight(s) King as he is in books is only a myth/legend and actually never appears?

On 21/8/2017 at 16:34, Captain... said:

Because none of that will stand up to the armies of the dead, if she had something of value, like dragonglass or wildfire, I don't know if Qyburn is still making that.

The point is more to not have two fronts. What good is it if the North and Dany and her Dragons & armies fight the undeads when Cersei will swoop in from behind and jeopardize everything?

12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I haven't read the books but im informed the Knight(s) King as he is in books is only a myth/legend and actually never appears?

It's Night, not Knight.

And the "Night's king" in the books is different to the one in the show. In the books he is a legend who allegedly lived thousands of years before the GoT story takes place. He was supposed to be a Lord Commander of the Night's Watch and he doesn't (yet) appear in the books.

The one in the show was shown to be created by the Children of the Forest who corrupted one of the First Men, i.e. before the Night's Watch even existed.

2 hours ago, shen said:

The point is more to not have two fronts. What good is it if the North and Dany and her Dragons & armies fight the undeads when Cersei will swoop in from behind and jeopardize everything?

So just go and burn King's Landing, if the real threat is the armies of the dead then how is having a few extra men and an uneasy truce with someone who wants you dead, not to mention the fact that any attempt to talk to Cersei will leave you exposed to a trap, going to help you.

The whole catch a wight to get Cersei to join the fight against the undead is just stupid and makes no sense, I could understand taking Jamie north to see the threat for himself, but right now Dany should be at odds with Jon and gearing up to fight Cersei, still not believing him about the undead, Jon should be torn between helping Dany take down Cersei quickly or focussing on the North. The fact that Jon has now bent the knee and Dany knows of the threat of the Nights King feels way too early. I am really annoyed with last nights episode none of it makes any sense and it will need something special next week to save last nights nonsense and not ruin the whole series. Up until the stupid catch a wight plan I have been loving this season but last night just made no sense.

Edited by Captain...

12 minutes ago, Captain... said:

So just go and burn King's Landing, if the real threat is the armies of the dead then how is having a few extra men and an uneasy truce with someone who wants you dead, not to mention the fact that any attempt to talk to Cersei will leave you exposed to a trap, going to help you.

The whole catch a wight to get Cersei to join the fight against the undead is just stupid and makes no sense, I could understand taking Jamie north to see the threat for himself, but right now Dany should be at odds with Jon and gearing up to fight Cersei, still not believing him about the undead, Jon should be torn between helping Dany take down Cersei quickly or focussing on the North. The fact that Jon has now bent the knee and Dany knows of the threat of the Nights King feels way too early. I am really annoyed with last nights episode none of it makes any sense and it will need something special next week to save last nights nonsense and not ruin the whole series. Up until the stupid catch a wight plan I have been loving this season but last night just made no sense.

I don't think Jaime agreeing to go North with them would make any sense on his part though. I wonder how GRRM will take this this part of the story, surely it wont be that far different?

Viserion will have to die North of the Wall in the books so the NK can take him, can't see the circumstances being too far different?

There really should have been 10 episodes this season. I've had no problem with the quality of the episodes mind.

Edited by Goober

34 minutes ago, Goober said:

I don't think Jaime agreeing to go North with them would make any sense on his part though. I wonder how GRRM will take this this part of the story, surely it wont be that far different?

Reveal hidden contents

Viserion will have to die North of the Wall in the books so the NK can take him, can't see the circumstances being too far different?

There really should have been 10 episodes this season. I've had no problem with the quality of the episodes mind.

Jamie could have been captured by Dany in the last battle, he knows Kings Landing will burn unless he gets Cersei to bend the knee, they can't compete with Dragons and Dothraki. To buy Cersei time he agrees to go North with Jon, either with Dany's consent or more likely with Tyrion or Varys helping him escape (I'd go with Varys but Dany suspects Tyrion for obvious reasons) Jamie joins the magnificent 7 to scout the Night King, no stupid plan to actually catch a wight, Cersei has an undead bodyguard she ain't gonna be scared by a reanimated corpse that can't cross the wall anyway.

Lets say Dany is off burning Lannister at riverrun she finds out Jamie has gone, one option is send dragons out to find him, now the dragons have bonded with Jon in his time at Dagonstone so when one of them spots him in danger he flies in and burns the undead giving Jon and co a chance to escape, but Viserion dies. I don't feel like Dany should know about the undead and still be sceptical of Jon.

In the meantime Euron has stumble across the shipment of dragonglass and stolen it, so now Nights King has a dragon, Dany has lost a dragon and is not sure if she can trust her hand or Jon, who needs Jamie's help to get the dragon glass back from Cersei, Jamie doesn't want KL to burn and thinks he can get Jon to turn on Dany, Cersei wants everyone else dead and is just playing for time waiting for the mercenaries turn up, Qyburn to come up with a plan, hopefully involving wildfire, very effective against white walkers. We are left wondering will Jamie kill Cersei for the greater good? Will Dany lose it with rage at the loss of a dragon? will Jon turn on Dany to get the dragonglass? 

Now that Jon has bent the knee it is just Dany and Jon together vs Lannisters/white walkers, where is the intrigue, the political machinations, the lies deceit and backstabbing that we live in GoT.

I feel like GRRM just gave the writers the outline for the end game which includes NK gets a dragon and the show writers had to figure out how and came up with this nonsense.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 2