Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

Its becoming clear that with the little number of episodes left, everything is being rushed.

It's a shame as they have brilliantly built everything up, so many story lines and loose ends, and I feel that they will be closed too quickly and will be a bit disappointing.

As much as people are saying it's a pointless and silly idea to try and scare Cersei with a wight, I think this could be a key factor in Danaerys taking King's Landing. She can't turn the people against Cersei like she easily did with slaves. So I think scaring them with a wight and seeing Cersei ignore it or do nothing could turn them against her and win them over for Dany.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

As much as people are saying it's a pointless and silly idea to try and scare Cersei with a wight, I think this could be a key factor in Danaerys taking King's Landing. She can't turn the people against Cersei like she easily did with slaves. So I think scaring them with a wight and seeing Cersei ignore it or do nothing could turn them against her and win them over for Dany.

Nah, the people of King's Landing were spitting on Cersei not that long ago, her soldiers were quick to bend the knee to Dany, even Ed Sheeran and Shaun from this is England were not fussed about the Lannisters, they just joined the army to escape the sqalour of flea bottom. There is no love for Cersei in KL.

The whole catch a wight plan still makes no sense to me and I would rather Dany and Jon were still not sure of each other, Dany should still be prioritising regaining the Iron Throne, saying she will help Jon when King's Landing falls.

End game, for me should be Jon battling at the wall with the North Dany battling Lannisters down south with a siege round King's Landing, Arya is sent by  Jon on an assassin mission to kill Cersei to end the siege and free Dany's troops so they can head north and save the day, but Little Finger betrays Arya to the Lannisters, Sansa finds out and kills little finger, Jamie saves the day kills Cersei bends the knee and Dany is set to ride north, but will she make it in time...

Monday's episode better be good or I will be royally pissed off with how much they have fvcked this up.

8 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Nah, the people of King's Landing were spitting on Cersei not that long ago, her soldiers were quick to bend the knee to Dany, even Ed Sheeran and Shaun from this is England were not fussed about the Lannisters, they just joined the army to escape the sqalour of flea bottom. There is no love for Cersei in KL.

The whole catch a wight plan still makes no sense to me and I would rather Dany and Jon were still not sure of each other, Dany should still be prioritising regaining the Iron Throne, saying she will help Jon when King's Landing falls.

End game, for me should be Jon battling at the wall with the North Dany battling Lannisters down south with a siege round King's Landing, Arya is sent by  Jon on an assassin mission to kill Cersei to end the siege and free Dany's troops so they can head north and save the day, but Little Finger betrays Arya to the Lannisters, Sansa finds out and kills little finger, Jamie saves the day kills Cersei bends the knee and Dany is set to ride north, but will she make it in time...

Monday's episode better be good or I will be royally pissed off with how much they have fvcked this up.

You have already made your mind up. The show will not deliver the story you outline there, so you're bound to be disappointed. Even if they did that now, you'd be bored, because you've got it all figured out :P

The point The Bear was making is that the many Westerosi would still rather get behind terrible Cersei than a foreign invader like Dany, as Randyll Tarly demonstrated just before he got roasted.

It's not that different from the hostile situation in the North with the wildlings coming south of the wall (which led to a certain someone's death remember).

Few think the catching a wight plan was good, but it makes for good action TV and it's not like the show wasn't a massive swiss cheese of plotholes before that moment. It's just easier (and more enjoyable) to go along with it.

I would strongly urge you to read the books if you want the full story/plot experience :)

17 minutes ago, shen said:

You have already made your mind up. The show will not deliver the story you outline there, so you're bound to be disappointed. Even if they did that now, you'd be bored, because you've got it all figured out :P

The point The Bear was making is that the many Westerosi would still rather get behind terrible Cersei than a foreign invader like Dany, as Randyll Tarly demonstrated just before he got roasted.

It's not that different from the hostile situation in the North with the wildlings coming south of the wall (which led to a certain someone's death remember).

Few think the catching a wight plan was good, but it makes for good action TV and it's not like the show wasn't a massive swiss cheese of plotholes before that moment. It's just easier (and more enjoyable) to go along with it.

I would strongly urge you to read the books if you want the full story/plot experience :)

I have read the books, and the bugger has stopped writing them.

I don't expect that to be the end game, just where I felt like it was going, but now it can't because Dany has seen the undead and Jon has bent the knee, the catch a wight plan was stupid and made no sense, especially the fact that Dany was sitting around not doing anything when the raven came and suddenly was all bothered about the fate of Jon and Jorah.

Jon and Jorah: we are going to go on a suicidal mission

Dany: Yeah whatever, I'm just going to pet my dragons.

Teleporting raven arrives

Dany: Oh my god this suicidal mission went wrong, who'd a thunk it, I'll just fly at super speed with my Dragon and save them.

Jon: Thanks for sort of saving me, why didn't you just come with us in the first place?

Dany: Sick scars man

Jon: Alright I love you!

Anyway I am going to stop picking holes in this stupid plot line, and coming up with alternative ways of giving the Night King a Dragon (Bran sees Jon and co in trouble Wargs into the dragon to save them, Dany loses dragon and is pissed off).

I  will wait for Monday and the inevitable shitty cliff hanger to see if this was at all worth it.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

Have they ever gone into what the Night Kings beef actually is?

He's been around for thousands of years and that. Why all of a sudden has this world domination plot been kicked into action? It all seems a bit unprovoked.

Surely him and his boys could just live north of the wall and they'd have free reign over that, with all the living folk down south. Why not just live and let live? If you'll pardon the expression.

(No i haven't read the books and don't intend to)

Edited by ealingfox

4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Have they ever gone into what the Night Kings beef actually is?

He's been around for thousands of years and that. Why all of a sudden has this world domination plot been kicked into action? It all seems a bit unprovoked.

Surely him and his boys could just live north of the wall and they'd have free reign over that, with all the living folk down south. Why not just live and let live? If you'll pardon the expression.

(No i haven't read the books and don't intend to)

I think when he was created(?) the children of the forest programmed him to be all "death to all humans". I guess he is still like that. No idea what he has been up to for the thousands of years though. 

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

I think when he was created(?) the children of the forest programmed him to be all "death to all humans". I guess he is still like that. No idea what he has been up to for the thousands of years though. 

Well if we take it he has some level of clairvoyance (whether it's to the level of the Three-Eyed Raven or not could be disputed) then you could imagine he knew when the humankind would be weakest, and the current political landscape isn't exactly stable. Perhaps also he hoped to wait out until all knowledge of how to defeat White Walkers had died out.

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I still can't work out how they got the chains round that dragon, and where they got them from.

http://time.com/4909961/game-of-thrones-bran-stark-night-king/

https://www.quora.com/Spoiler-Alert-GoT-S07E06-Where-did-the-Night-King-get-the-chains-to-pull-out-the-dragon-They-are-not-humans-after-all

The second article provides a possible theory based off the back of the theory in the first article.

The whole theory is based on conjecture at this point - we no little to nothing about the Night King and what his motivations are. 

If he speaks in the final episode of this season I will be shocked. 

As above, the Children Of The Forest created them in their war with the First Men. That was supposedly about 8000 years ago. They were mainly defeated by a legendary hero called Azor Ahai who had to forge a burning red sword to help defeat them.

"The Prince That Was Promised" prophecy that Melisandre kept banging on about thinking it was Stannis, is supposedly this hero being reborn to save them all from the dead.

Not sure why the Night King would still have a beef with the living after all that time. I guess he could still blame men for forcing The Children Of The Forest to create them in the first place and kill him to do it.

The children of the forest only created the night's king, the white walkers (those ice men) came from the children that the night's king turned, and the wights are zombies that the night's king controls (or his white walkers/generals just like how that group of died when Jon killed the white walker)

Edited by the fox

I still think that prophecy I mention above could be in the future TV show. Mainly because Missande spoke about it with Danaerys and Melisandre when she brought it up (again!), and she said the "Prince" bit was an old Valeryian word which is gender neutral and could easily mean either sex and not just a man. If they put that in the show then they must be hinting at something further down the line IMO.

Danaerys fits this prophecy much better than anyone else around too:

“When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.”

Sako and salt could refer to her being born during a storm on Dragonstone.

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I still think that prophecy I mention above could be in the future TV show. Mainly because Missande spoke about it with Danaerys and Melisandre when she brought it up (again!), and she said the "Prince" bit was an old Valeryian word which is gender neutral and could easily mean either sex and not just a man. If they put that in the show then they must be hinting at something further down the line IMO.

Danaerys fits this prophecy much better than anyone else around too:

Sako and salt could refer to her being born during a storm on Dragonstone.

Could also refer to Jon. Bleeding star refers to Ser Patrek of the Kings Mountain who sigil is a blue star and is crushed by Wun Wun while Jon is assassinated by the Nights Watch. Bowen Marsh's salty tears fall on Jons wound and are said to smoke. Then he's obviously revived.

So, I might have missed an explanation but why did they not take a load of dragonglass, preferably as arrows or spears, with them and then just shoot the nights King with them when he turned up? We've known it kills white walkers since season 3 (? When Sam saves gilly and her kid), so why not just prep a deadly weapon against them, then kill their leader - especially after it suggested killing him kills the entire army.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

So, I might have missed an explanation but why did they not take a load of dragonglass, preferably as arrows or spears, with them and then just shoot the nights King with them when he turned up? We've known it kills white walkers since season 3 (? When Sam saves gilly and her kid), so why not just prep a deadly weapon against them, then kill their leader - especially after it suggested killing him kills the entire army.

1- because no one knows if the DG would work (the fire doesn't effect him so, who knows if the glass will?)

2- no one has the range to get him, he doesn't lead the lines

3- try that and he would nuke the air out of your chest with one of his ice spears

The best chance is if Jon 1v1's him, and that would still be a long shot.did you see that throw power? His arm must deliver some nasty hits

9 hours ago, the fox said:

1- because no one knows if the DG would work (the fire doesn't effect him so, who knows if the glass will?)

2- no one has the range to get him, he doesn't lead the lines

3- try that and he would nuke the air out of your chest with one of his ice spears

The best chance is if Jon 1v1's him, and that would still be a long shot.did you see that throw power? His arm must deliver some nasty hits

1. Fire doesn't kill White walkers either, just their wights. The nights King is just the head honcho of the white walkers - dragonglass and valaryian steel will obviously kill him like any other (except far more spectacular since it'll destroy every white walker.)

2. Not having that, he may not lead the lines but surely there's a few good archers they can get ahold of.

3. All the more reason that going Mano a Mano is a stupid idea. He'll spear you before you can engage. Best chance of winning is multiple range attackers firing dragonglass on him.

5 hours ago, The Doctor said:

1. Fire doesn't kill White walkers either, just their wights. The nights King is just the head honcho of the white walkers - dragonglass and valaryian steel will obviously kill him like any other (except far more spectacular since it'll destroy every white walker.)

2. Not having that, he may not lead the lines but surely there's a few good archers they can get ahold of.

3. All the more reason that going Mano a Mano is a stupid idea. He'll spear you before you can engage. Best chance of winning is multiple range attackers firing dragonglass on him.

1- I'm not 100℅ sure that he could die by the DG, after all, the children of the forest created him from DG, and white workers aren't created the same as the night's king

Fair enough on 2 and 3, but hopefully the show ends with Jon vs him 1on1, that would be great.

On 26/08/2017 at 15:01, the fox said:

1- I'm not 100℅ sure that he could die by the DG, after all, the children of the forest created him from DG, and white workers aren't created the same as the night's king

Fair enough on 2 and 3, but hopefully the show ends with Jon vs him 1on1, that would be great.

What created you is what kills you: possibly the oldest fantasy trope in the book.