Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I know what you mean but do we really need the time to develop characters now?

Catelyn Tully went from Winterfell to Kings Landing in an episode in season one yet Arya and The Hound took over a season to go from Kings Landing to close to The Eyrie.

Sometimes a week or a month passes in a single episode, without going back to watch that i cant remember if it made sense along side everyone else's story
I remember Tyrion being a prisoner for at least 2 episodes in the open air prison

Edited by Beliall

Just now, Beliall said:

Sometimes a week or a month passes in a single episode, without going back to watch that i cant remember if it made sense along side everyone else's story

Don't get me wrong I do think it is a bit rushed, but I think if this were a 10 episode season then it would feel fairly normal.

Today's episode could have been padded out more and it could have finished on the cliff hanger with the wights surrounding the group on that cliff or something. Not sure why they went with a smaller season.

13 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I also had issues with the last episode

Reveal hidden contents

The chains didn't bother me, but the whole plot line I found to be ridiculous. To start with the plan was stupid the basic concept is stupid, get an undead to show your enemy to unite against a common foe? Or just take out Cersei then go north, that would make more sense, then after deciding on a stupid plan you would have thought they would go to Winterfell first see if Bran can give them any more intel, then prepare a decent plan rather than let's just wander about and hope we find some stray undead, then they meet a zom-bear, which was cool, but why did they take so long to help Thoros, why not capture the Zom-bear an undead bear is proof of the existence of undead. Then the convenient fact they found a stray small party of undead, that all but one zombie wasn't linked to the white walker, why weren't they tooled up with dragon glass rather than normal weapons, Jon had just been mining it. Then the ridiculous ice scene. How long were they there? Why did the hound throw rocks? Why didn't they light a fire? Why didn't the keep smashing the ice round the rock to stop it from being solid. It could have been a tense stand off for a few days waiting for the cavalry Dany to arrive, but then if Dany can get to the wall so quickly on a dragon, why didn't Dany just go with them? Scout out the night king from the skies find a small pocket of undead and attack quickly with Dragons.

Then you get Jon's ending, why did he not just get on the dragon, why did he get further away, then how did he survive being dragged into freezing cold water. Then Benjen miraculously appears and a half dead Jon some how makes it back to the wall.

Dany is now in Love with Jon despite his stupid plan got a dragon killed.

Can't wait for Zombie Dragon but the whole process to get there has been stupid, still it looked good. I much preferred Sansa and Arya's scenes except for the prosthetic faces, I never thought of it as her literally cutting off their faces and wearing it was always a bit more figurative and "magical".

Yea the writing is getting a bit dumb. I have read a theory that I'll share.

So the theory goes, that the Night King knows what they were up to and sent a small party including one wight that wasn't controlled by a White Walker. That wight would scream when Jon and friends attack, and the Night King could then push the army in their direction to trap them and wait for dragons. Maybe this is why Gendry seemed to get back to the wall and request Dany without trouble.

I have read a lot of theories, and it's starting to feel like we're just trying to find explanations for poor writing lol 

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 1

At this point, you're better off not questioning so much, but accept the show on its current premises.

We've all been waiting for the "real war" for 7 seasons and now that we're finally going to get it, people still have something to moan about lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Yea the writing is getting a bit dumb. I have read a theory that I'll share.

Reveal hidden contents

So the theory goes, that the Night King knows what they were up to and sent a small party including one wight that wasn't controlled by a White Walker. That wight would scream when Jon and friends attack, and the Night King could then push the army in their direction to trap them and wait for dragons. Maybe this is why Gendry seemed to get back to the wall and request Dany without trouble.

I have read a lot of theories, and it's starting to feel like we're just trying to find explanations for poor writing lol 

Regardless it is still a stupid plan, send 10 people to catch a zombie to show to cersei. It would make more sense to capture Jamie and take him to see the undead army.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

Regardless it is still a stupid plan, send 10 people to catch a zombie to show to cersei. It would make more sense to capture Jamie and take him to see the undead army.

yeah I thought it was dumb as well, from the moment they randomly decided to do it. Cersei might not even give a shit and kill them all lol 

My prediction is that she sees it more of a chance to kill them all, but Jaime sees the real threat and betrays her somehow. 

14 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I don't find that your suggestion would make more sense. The idea, although very risky and ill-advised, is to show it to all in King's Landing, including lords and important people, and put Cersei under pressure. She wouldn't trust Jamie's accounts on this, suspecting him of siding with Tyrion.

You might argue that she won't care one iota given that she has an undead bodyguard and yes, the plan has potential to totally backfire besides being stupidly dangerous, but Dany is set on not burning KL to the ground.

Speaking of burning KL, do any of you reckon that the visions Bran and Dany have had (of the open-air throne room and ashes galore and the dragon shadow over KL) might actually be of Zombie Viserion and a post-Night's King attack on KL? [\spoiler]

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shen said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't find that your suggestion would make more sense. The idea, although very risky and ill-advised, is to show it to all in King's Landing, including lords and important people, and put Cersei under pressure. She wouldn't trust Jamie's accounts on this, suspecting him of siding with Tyrion.

You might argue that she won't care one iota given that she has an undead bodyguard and yes, the plan has potential to totally backfire besides being stupidly dangerous, but Dany is set on not burning KL to the ground.

Speaking of burning KL, do any of you reckon that the visions Bran and Dany have had (of the open-air throne room and ashes galore and the dragon shadow over KL) might actually be of Zombie Viserion and a post-Night's King attack on KL? [\spoiler]

I'd say that last part is an extreme probability.

If you'd ask me to put money on it, I'd say the dragon shadow is one of Dany's remaining two, but I'm pretty sure the Night King will get to KL with his army and that's where the final centrepiece fight will happen.

Dany to somehow take down the ice dragon with help from Bran and then Jon vs Night King in final climactic duel in the ruins of the Red Keep, anyone?

7 minutes ago, shen said:

Hide contents

The whole try and reason with Cersei argument makes no sense with the way she has been portrayed on screen. It would have made more sense for Jamie to want to reason with Cersei having seen the Dragons and then go North to see the undead, but even then the Lannister army is weak and not really needed. It would make more sense if John got to Dragobstone, found that all the dragonglass had already been mined and was being stored at King's Landing, maybe it is considered valuable and will be used to pay off the iron bank. Dany can't burn king's landing as it will destroy the dragonglass, so they lay siege to it, as originally planned, John has the wall and the Northern armies, Cersei has the dragonglass and Dany has the Dragons, they need to find a way to work together to defeat the night king. At the moment Cersei has nothing of value to contribute to the battle against the undead so now Dany knows the real threat leave Cersei be or burn her to the ground. 

8 minutes ago, Captain... said:

The whole try and reason with Cersei argument makes no sense with the way she has been portrayed on screen. It would have made more sense for Jamie to want to reason with Cersei having seen the Dragons and then go North to see the undead, but even then the Lannister army is weak and not really needed. It would make more sense if John got to Dragobstone, found that all the dragonglass had already been mined and was being stored at King's Landing, maybe it is considered valuable and will be used to pay off the iron bank. Dany can't burn king's landing as it will destroy the dragonglass, so they lay siege to it, as originally planned, John has the wall and the Northern armies, Cersei has the dragonglass and Dany has the Dragons, they need to find a way to work together to defeat the night king. At the moment Cersei has nothing of value to contribute to the battle against the undead so now Dany knows the real threat leave Cersei be or burn her to the ground. 

Cersei has the lannister armies and a fleet of ships and stacks of gold to hire mercinaries. Not to mention she has the unsullied pretty much trapped at the rock. Also, fancy arrow contraptions, few big arrows made of dragonglass for our undead friend anyone? How does she have nothing of value? 

Just now, Innovindil said:

Cersei has the lannister armies and a fleet of ships and stacks of gold to hire mercinaries. Not to mention she has the unsullied pretty much trapped at the rock. Also, fancy arrow contraptions, few big arrows made of dragonglass for our undead friend anyone? How does she have nothing of value? 

I watched the trailer for the next episode and (adding spoiler in case you don't want to know)

the unsullied are all fine and at King's Landing

15 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Because none of that will stand up to the armies of the dead, if she had something of value, like dragonglass or wildfire, I don't know if Qyburn is still making that.

Unsure as to why people are saying they should have gone to Bran first and consulted with him. Why would they go to Bran when it appears they have no idea of his powers? Or have I missed something?

Edited by Goober

13 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Hide contents

i heard bran is the Night King, and hes trying to undo the ****ed up time loop he has created

this is all getting like LOST

hope not, I would just prefer the night king to be his own character, though there is alot of people backing that theory.

• Like 1

Wow what another belting episode ! ...   is it just me or are they getting better and ramping things up a gear...

Well, Jon has 'bent his knee' (albeit whilst he was laying down) and has opened the way to 'get his leg over' ...     lucky lad ..   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

3j68evwa50hz.jpg

I couldn't understand how they managed to attach the chains to the dragon without breaking the ice.

Then again this was an army of the undead trying to resurrect a dragon so perhaps I should just suspend my disbelief.

15 hours ago, Goober said:

Unsure as to why people are saying they should have gone to Bran first and consulted with him. Why would they go to Bran when it appears they have no idea of his powers? Or have I missed something?

Bran sent the ravens about the armies of the undead to Jon and to Old Town. Stating what he had seen. Jon knows Bran and Arya are alive and back at Winterfell which would be even more reason to go there rather than a crazy suicide mission.

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

3j68evwa50hz.jpg

The chains didn't bother me at first, but it does seem kinda odd, it would have looked cooler if thousands of the undead all smashed through the ice and dived into the water, this would have given Jon a better chance at escaping, and dragged Viserion to the surface.