Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

Nah, surely it's on an island or behind a moat/river as 'they cannot swim'.

I found this an odd thing to be pleased about in the Iron Island's case. As there's nothing to stop the Night King flying there on his dragon, killing a few people, turning them, and starting a new undead army. It's not exactly far either.

Just now, The Bear said:

I found this an odd thing to be pleased about in Euron's case. As there's nothing to stop the Night King flying there on his dragon. Killing a few people, turning them, and starting a new undead army.

Euron doesn't know about the NK having a dragon though...

2 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Why only 7 episodes in this season? What a rip 

In fact, you will gain three episodes as the series was only supposed to run for seven seasons.

Now you're getting six episodes in season eight, meaning we will get 13 episodes instead of just 10 which was originally planned.

Guest BlueBrett
Just now, shen said:

In fact, you will gain three episodes as the series was only supposed to run for seven seasons.

Now you're getting six episodes in season eight, meaning we will get 13 episodes instead of just 10 which was originally planned.

Oh right so season 8 is definitely the end?

I was hoping they'd kill off Daenerys before she breaks the wheel so it could just keep turning indefinitely. 

7 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Oh right so season 8 is definitely the end?

I was hoping they'd kill off Daenerys before she breaks the wheel so it could just keep turning indefinitely. 

Yup. And I wouldn't be surprised to see at least two or three main characters from the season 'pine for the fjords' before the season ends.

Dany is absolutely not safe

Especially is you believe the Azor Ahai / Nissa Nissa prophecy will come to fruition [\spoiler]

Guest BlueBrett
10 minutes ago, shen said:

Yup. And I wouldn't be surprised to see at least two or three main characters from the season 'pine for the fjords' before the season ends.

Dany is absolutely not safe

Reveal hidden contents

Especially is you believe the Azor Ahai / Nissa Nissa prophecy will come to fruition [\spoiler]

I'm going to have to google that.

Thankfully I imagine there will be a number of spin off series once the main show closes. Loads of characters have enough intrigue about them for a half decent side show. The  dubious misadventures of Sir Bronn of Blackwater maybe.

I'd also love to see Brienne of Tarth join the UFC

• 5 months later...

I've watched series seven now and I was somewhat, but not completely, disappointed.

I remained engaged through all the series because I wanted to see Arya, Sansa and Bran wreak revenge and regain Winterfell. But their journey there ended with a whimper. They'll all back, in control and that's that. Obviously the story has now shifted to Jon as an individual rather than the Stark family as a whole. But I never really cared about Jon. You knew Bran, Arya and Sansa were good people. You saw them fall upon bad times. And you wanted them to regain their freedom, status and happiness. But I never felt like that with Jon. You know he'll just brood whatever happens, whether he be a bastard or a king.

The series's saving grace was the undead dragon. I was worried the final fight would be massively unbalanced: the dragons would turn up and burn all the undead and that'll be that. It'll be now, at least, an interesting fight. Jon's recognition as the true king of the realm does lead to an interested face off between him and the queen he has just knelt to and nobbed. Arya's character seem has some milage left, too. I assume she'll go after the final name on her list.

I wish they'd killed off Cersi and kept Littlefinger. Littlefinger had depth of character and cunning. Cersi has a bodyguard and witch.

Edited by Foxxed

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:
  Hide contents

I've watched series seven now and I was somewhat, but not completely, disappointed.

I remained engaged through all the series because I wanted to see Arya, Sansa and Bran wreak revenge and regain Winterfell. But their journey there ended with a whimper. They'll all back, in control and that's that. Obviously the story has now shifted to Jon as an individual rather than the Stark family as a whole. But I never really cared about Jon. You knew Bran, Arya and Sansa were good people. You saw them fall upon bad times. And you wanted them to regain their freedom, status and happiness. But I never felt like that with Jon. You know he'll just brood whatever happens, whether he be a bastard or a king.

The series's saving grace was the undead dragon. I was worried the final fight would be massively unbalanced: the dragons would turn up and burn all the undead and that'll be that. It'll be now, at least, an interesting fight. Jon's recognition as the true king of the realm does lead to an interested face off between him and the queen he has just knelt to and nobbed. Arya's character seem has some milage left, too. I assume she'll go after the final name on her list.

I wish they'd killed off Cersi and kept Littlefinger. Littlefinger had depth of character and cunning. Cersi has a bodyguard and witch.

Don't worry ..  its only pretend  ...    :thumbup:

I've never seen Game of Thrones but my wife keeps telling me we should sit down together and watch it all from the start :rolleyes:

My Dad watches it and raves about it, so when we were up there a few weeks ago the wife asked him to give her a quick overview of what it's all about.

Dad says there's a brief summary video a few minutes long that introduces the story and characters etc, so he finds it on some channel and sits us both down.

After about 30 seconds there's a clip of some bloke shagging a woman from behind and we all giggle nervously.

No wonder it's so popular if that's what it all about!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

My sky box just quit...I hope I can get another up and running...by then!!:dunno:

Showbox.

I wouldn't give Sky another penny.  In fact, you could give it a few months and buy the whole lot on bluray as a collection.  That's what I intend to do.  Less than one months Sky subscription right there.

Cut out the ads and watch it in 1080p.  

Edited by Legend_in_blue