Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

Bloody hope HBO are tighter with their security for the final season, the script/production leaks have put a dampener on this season IMO.

So many people posting "theories" online that they know are true because of the script leaks.. (that's not a dig at Callabinho, no idea if his is from the leak or not)

This thread is daft, surely the hidden stuff should be stuff that will happen in the future, hence a spoiler, and the theories, reply's and previous events to discuss should be open, and if you don't want to know what happened last night or last week, don't open the thread.

59 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Furry muff, sorry Calla.

It's not a script leak at all! It's purely a theory, having read the books it gives you a better idea of where things might go....I am purely speculating that I THINK bran will end up being the night king, it's just the way I think it will go, because in the books it goes into more details about his time hopping, mainly going back to the Aerys ii, and telling him to create wild fire to kill the white walkers (thats not a spoiler its in one of the books) and then again going back to the visions of the children of the forest...he's bound to go back again isn't he? I just can't see there being another reason for the white walkers, at present they're set to tear the world apart with little or no purpose, which doesn't match George's style of writing....

And my predictions for LF death are obvious aren't they? he gives Bran the dagger which he passes to Arya....well Bran time hops, using that logic means touching the dagger will enable him to see into LF past, he then passes the dagger to Arya, who's now a bad ass assassin, and doesn't like LF anyway....He won't be able to turn Sansa against Jon, because Jon has given her the north in his absence.....so what else is there left to do? Bran is bound to reveal something to Sansa, because he spills everything (if you've watched the series he literally spoils everything) which leads beautifully to Sansa outing LF and Arya killing him......makes prefect sense it really does....

Episode 6 comments:

Viserion (was it Viserion?) dying is on par with - if not worse than the Red Wedding for me. Devastating watching that, but a brilliant death scene though. 

Thought it was a very good episode, though Hardhome is still number 1 for me. The Night King seemed a lot more menacing at Hardhome, didn't seem as scary this time round for some reason. Just seemed like a bad old bloke with blue eyes.

Arya is annoying me too, hopefully the idea of her playing the long game with Littlefinger is what's going on.

Also a big fan of Dany and Jon getting it on. Don't care about the incest. They'd be top notch

The wait for the finale is going to be long

Edited by Goober

5 hours ago, Callabinho said:

Hide contents

It's not a script leak at all! It's purely a theory, having read the books it gives you a better idea of where things might go....I am purely speculating that I THINK bran will end up being the night king, it's just the way I think it will go, because in the books it goes into more details about his time hopping, mainly going back to the Aerys ii, and telling him to create wild fire to kill the white walkers (thats not a spoiler its in one of the books) and then again going back to the visions of the children of the forest...he's bound to go back again isn't he? I just can't see there being another reason for the white walkers, at present they're set to tear the world apart with little or no purpose, which doesn't match George's style of writing....

And my predictions for LF death are obvious aren't they? he gives Bran the dagger which he passes to Arya....well Bran time hops, using that logic means touching the dagger will enable him to see into LF past, he then passes the dagger to Arya, who's now a bad ass assassin, and doesn't like LF anyway....He won't be able to turn Sansa against Jon, because Jon has given her the north in his absence.....so what else is there left to do? Bran is bound to reveal something to Sansa, because he spills everything (if you've watched the series he literally spoils everything) which leads beautifully to Sansa outing LF and Arya killing him......makes prefect sense it really does....

We've already seen who the night King is haven't we? The fella they stabbed in the heart to create the first walker.... the guy who played him actually plays the night king.

Would be a jump to suggest it's actually the person you suggest when they look nothing alike.

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We've already seen who the night King is haven't we? The fella they stabbed in the heart to create the first walker.... the guy who played him actually plays the night king.

Would be a jump to suggest it's actually the person you suggest when they look nothing alike.

Yeah he was one of the first men sacrificed by the children of the forest.

43 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yes we have...but Bran keeps time hopping, he intimates in the book that he vows to do something about it....in an attempt to do something about it he will go back to that vision again....this time without his guide and ultimately end up in place of that chap...and I believe Bran will then be the night king.....in terms of the series it won't change anything....Bran wargs into people and other living things, so basically in an attempt to stop the children of the forest turning that bloke into the night king, he wargs into him...unable to stop he gets stabbed thus becoming trapped in the night king.....

There's a few phrases through the book and series that for me make it possible....Bran stating he will not walk but fly....the night king will have a dragon....leaf says to him in season six "we created him to save us from you" and then more recently "you died in that forest"....one of the most critical bits was omitted from the series for some reason, I can't remember exactly which book it was because it's been a long time since I read it, but the wet nurse tells Bran a story about the night king, cutting a long story short at the end she tells him that legend states he is a Stark, which to me says Bran...he went back in time and warged into the night king...to me it makes sense...but then again, I may be completely and utterly wrong

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The actors do look alike though ... but I don't believe the TV show will go down that route. Time paradoxes are notoriously risky TV business

7 hours ago, Callabinho said:

Hide contents

Yes we have...but Bran keeps time hopping, he intimates in the book that he vows to do something about it....in an attempt to do something about it he will go back to that vision again....this time without his guide and ultimately end up in place of that chap...and I believe Bran will then be the night king.....in terms of the series it won't change anything....Bran wargs into people and other living things, so basically in an attempt to stop the children of the forest turning that bloke into the night king, he wargs into him...unable to stop he gets stabbed thus becoming trapped in the night king.....

There's a few phrases through the book and series that for me make it possible....Bran stating he will not walk but fly....the night king will have a dragon....leaf says to him in season six "we created him to save us from you" and then more recently "you died in that forest"....one of the most critical bits was omitted from the series for some reason, I can't remember exactly which book it was because it's been a long time since I read it, but the wet nurse tells Bran a story about the night king, cutting a long story short at the end she tells him that legend states he is a Stark, which to me says Bran...he went back in time and warged into the night king...to me it makes sense...but then again, I may be completely and utterly wrong

Ok I'm with you now, yeah sound plausible. There certainly has to be a few twists as it all seems too predictable at the moment. Just hope the small number of episodes next season they manage to do it justice if you are right.

15 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I know they're walking, but fvck me they're are bit slow ain't they. Jon snows been all the way down south and back again. And the whites haven't even got to to wall yet and they had 5 episodes head start

The White Walkers and Jon Snow's travels since Hardhome

jon-map.jpg

Edited by urban.spaceman

That was intense watching, was fully expecting the Dragon turning into a walker due to accidently seeing spoilers but they did it really well, was expecting more emotion from Dany though.

Was it Viserion that died? I get confused which is which. And would have thought they'd show Drogon and Rhaegal together at the end to show that 2 were still alive as I wasn't too sure!

On 17/08/2017 at 23:24, yorkie1999 said:

I know they're walking, but fvck me they're are bit slow ain't they. Jon snows been all the way down south and back again. And the whites haven't even got to to wall yet and they had 5 episodes head start

I think they have been waiting for a moment to take a dragon while building the army. If you look at the Bran warging scene from two episodes ago, when he is flying around as a crow you see the Night King and the army at the exact spot Jon and friends got surrounded. They knew what would happen. Mental.

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

How so?

Well, theres the new Mach 10 Ravens
Pod running faster than usain bolt with NOS
the cheesy "last week on....."

where did they get those chains from?

its quite obviously lost its way without the books to guide it. the story is zipping back and forth skipping months at a time. characters doing things that make no sense

So...predictions for the finale, then?

I'll go with...

The meeting between all the different factions happens (as in the trailer). At some point Cersei tries to pull something to kill Danaerys and/or Tyrion, but Jaime - having been convinced of the nature of the threat of the Army of the Dead - stops her. That possibly leads to them both killing each other, fulfilling Maggy The Frogs prophecy.

At Winterfell, Arya continues to threaten Sansa and things come to a head, but then Arya reveals that she's been aware of Littlefinger trying to drive a wedge between them all along, and ices him, taking his face for future use.

The Army of the Dead finally reaches the Wall, and through some element of magic or whatever the Night King is able to bring it down (either wholesale or just at Eastwatch), and the invasion finally begins.

38 minutes ago, Beliall said:

its quite obviously lost its way without the books to guide it. the story is zipping back and forth skipping months at a time. characters doing things that make no sense

I get your criticisms. They really are speeding it up which hasn't been popular (I don't mind so much) but I agree they have lost their way and this season needed more epiosdes. Apparently they were supposed to have been stranded in the middle of that frozen lake for 5 days, but Gendry did seem to run the whole way ridiculously quick lol 

Regarding the chains, I wondered this and people seem to think they got them at Hardhome somewhere. 

41 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I know what you mean but do we really need the time to develop characters now?

Catelyn Tully went from Winterfell to Kings Landing in an episode in season one yet Arya and The Hound took over a season to go from Kings Landing to close to The Eyrie.

51 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I also had issues with the last episode

The chains didn't bother me, but the whole plot line I found to be ridiculous. To start with the plan was stupid the basic concept is stupid, get an undead to show your enemy to unite against a common foe? Or just take out Cersei then go north, that would make more sense, then after deciding on a stupid plan you would have thought they would go to Winterfell first see if Bran can give them any more intel, then prepare a decent plan rather than let's just wander about and hope we find some stray undead, then they meet a zom-bear, which was cool, but why did they take so long to help Thoros, why not capture the Zom-bear an undead bear is proof of the existence of undead. Then the convenient fact they found a stray small party of undead, that all but one zombie wasn't linked to the white walker, why weren't they tooled up with dragon glass rather than normal weapons, Jon had just been mining it. Then the ridiculous ice scene. How long were they there? Why did the hound throw rocks? Why didn't they light a fire? Why didn't the keep smashing the ice round the rock to stop it from being solid. It could have been a tense stand off for a few days waiting for the cavalry Dany to arrive, but then if Dany can get to the wall so quickly on a dragon, why didn't Dany just go with them? Scout out the night king from the skies find a small pocket of undead and attack quickly with Dragons.

Then you get Jon's ending, why did he not just get on the dragon, why did he get further away, then how did he survive being dragged into freezing cold water. Then Benjen miraculously appears and a half dead Jon some how makes it back to the wall.

Dany is now in Love with Jon despite his stupid plan got a dragon killed.

Can't wait for Zombie Dragon but the whole process to get there has been stupid, still it looked good. I much preferred Sansa and Arya's scenes except for the prosthetic faces, I never thought of it as her literally cutting off their faces and wearing it was always a bit more figurative and "magical".

• Like 3