Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

I went on Netflix last night only to see yet another advertisement for Netflix produced series.  This led me to wonder whether if the fact we are being spoilt for the choice for TV series is a good thing or not.  What was it like in nineties?   I remember there were several iconic TV series but I do think the choices back then were far more limited?  

12 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I went on Netflix last night only to see yet another advertisement for Netflix produced series.  This led me to wonder whether if the fact we are being spoilt for the choice for TV series is a good thing or not.  What was it like in nineties?   I remember there were several iconic TV series but I do think the choices back then were far more limited?  

you had the choice of Fort Boyard or The Crystal Maze. Maybe Blind Date if you remembered to tape it.

Just finished the walking dead season 2, and I have to say, I LOVED IT! Those 13 episodes had everything I could wish for in a horror-drama show, like I said before, loved the character development and how they just feel real, pretty balanced cast of characters. Can't say much without spoiling things, so...

BEWARE, THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 2  SPOILERS INCOMING!

what an end that was   " if you're staying, this ain't a democracy any more":appl: that was great, that is one of the reasons I love TWD, characters actually mature and learn from their mistakes, he knew that he can't let anyone challenge his authority anymore, and I loved how rick turned from "we don't kill the living" to "I do anything to protect my family", and yeah, episode 8 was the best for me it had that intense feeling and I loved when Shane was pushing their buttons but no one said anything to him because deep down they knew he was right, especially Hershel, the look on his face when Shane shot his "wife" and she kept walking was priceless, the look of a man who knew that he was lying to himself the whole time.

characters I like/liked :

shane: i know this is a surprise entry but, I just can't help but love season 2's Shane, the man was the ultimate plot devise, if you need to move the plot, call Shane. Every time things were looking stale he rushed in to shake them up, like a knight in  dirty sweaty armour lol , I think he was misunderstood and I can understand why he grew to hate rick, he took every thing from him, the women, the kid, the alpha male role and the respect of the group, they started to look at him like "the loose canon" Shane, every time he said something the following answer was "we have to ask rick". For me, he was the MVP of this season. Yeah, I said it, I'm proud to say I was team Shane, good bye, man:cry:

Rick: what a man, he may look like a drug addict but he is a trusted drug addict :D ,  loved how he finished those two guys in episode 8. He understood that its even him or Shane and he made the right choice. Not gonna talk a lot about rick because he is more of an action man than a words man.

Glenn: loved the first half version of him, hated the second. His best attribute was that he is the handy man of the group, but if you gonna be a coward because of a girl then I have to shut you down, he has the first 5 episodes of season 3 to redeem himself.

Daryl and Hershel: great characters but I can't talk about them a lot because they didn't have a lot of screen time (I loved how they focused on the sensitive part of daryl, he obviously had a rough childhood)

Character that I hate : only 1

Lori: I hate her guts, she is an idiot of the highest order, the way she was whispering into Rick's ear how Shane wanted nothing good for him and she outright hinted that Shane will kill him and acted like rick did something disgusting when he killed Shane, the audacity, the ego.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlGTBq6v04zJ9dMz8TXXy

The day she die will be a great one

--just one thing, I think Dale's death had a message in it, the way he died was telling, he saw the danger but couldn't stop it, had help (a gun) but couldn't use it, the only thing that he could do is use his voice ( as usual) and the fact that the walker went for his stomach  and didn't bite him shows that even zombies were looking for his "guts" because he never had the courage to do any thing and take the matters to his own hands

@Strokes, I loved the second season: 9/10 for me, the second half was great and I didn't really feel like it dragged out or any thing.

• Like 1

Anyone watched OA (Netflix)? Not too bad. A girl who has been blind from a young age disappears and returns a few years later with her sight restored. Its all to do with near death experiences. When she returns some mistrust her and she won'r tell her family or FBI what happened to her. Two episodes to go in the first series.

Others I have been watching Legion, Legends of Tomorrow and Lucifer. All finished. Never realised Vikings had restarted so a few episodes of that to watch and the other Viking show Last Kingdom?

I enjoyed the series finale of Homeland yesterday evening. Tough to lose one character from the show I really liked but ultimately the storyline was over for this character and It was brilliantly done.

Excited to see what direction Season 7 will go in, I think the show is brilliant and has never showed signs of jumping the shark like so many shows do (Remember how ridiculous Dexter went after the Trinity killer series?). Anyway looking forward to season 7.

Also enjoying Line Of Duty, I think the show is brilliantly acted, but the plot is absolutely ridiculous. It's all about the interrogation scenes, everything else preceding it is just flim-flam.

I've been in love with Thandie since Mission Impossible 2, and she adds real movie star glamour to the role and she's excellent, I've always liked Adrian Dunbar's supt Hastings (loving the way he calls anyone who pisses him off 'fella') top acting from these 2 in last night's interrogation scene.

33 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Also enjoying Line Of Duty, I think the show is brilliantly acted, but the plot is absolutely ridiculous. It's all about the interrogation scenes, everything else preceding it is just flim-flam.

I've been in love with Thandie since Mission Impossible 2, and she adds real movie star glamour to the role and she's excellent, I've always liked Adrian Dunbar's supt Hastings (loving the way he calls anyone who pisses him off 'fella') top acting from these 2 in last night's interrogation scene.

I absolutely love this, best thing on normal TV at the minute imo. Agree that the plot is a bit far fetched, but very clever and always leaves me looking forward to the next episode

On 15/04/2017 at 20:00, Rincewind said:

Anyone watched OA (Netflix)? Not too bad. A girl who has been blind from a young age disappears and returns a few years later with her sight restored. Its all to do with near death experiences. When she returns some mistrust her and she won'r tell her family or FBI what happened to her. Two episodes to go in the first series.

Others I have been watching Legion, Legends of Tomorrow and Lucifer. All finished. Never realised Vikings had restarted so a few episodes of that to watch and the other Viking show Last Kingdom?

The OA is a great example of a show that has a decent idea that really needed a decent producer behind it. I appreciate Netflix gave the writers creative freedom (Brit Marlin, the lead character), but they should also have given them an experienced producer to help them consolidate that freedom with a bit of focus and to be more efficient in actually telling the story. The best example of what I mean is the fact that . Some episodes are 50 minutes, while some are as long as an hour and eleven minutes or as short as a half-hour. They tried to excuse this as "pushing boundaries of television rah rah" but in my household the reaction was more "that's bollocks".

On 12/04/2017 at 16:03, the fox said:

Just finished the walking dead season 2, and I have to say, I LOVED IT! Those 13 episodes had everything I could wish for in a horror-drama show, like I said before, loved the character development and how they just feel real, pretty balanced cast of characters. Can't say much without spoiling things, so...

BEWARE, THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 2  SPOILERS INCOMING!

what an end that was   " if you're staying, this ain't a democracy any more":appl: that was great, that is one of the reasons I love TWD, characters actually mature and learn from their mistakes, he knew that he can't let anyone challenge his authority anymore, and I loved how rick turned from "we don't kill the living" to "I do anything to protect my family", and yeah, episode 8 was the best for me it had that intense feeling and I loved when Shane was pushing their buttons but no one said anything to him because deep down they knew he was right, especially Hershel, the look on his face when Shane shot his "wife" and she kept walking was priceless, the look of a man who knew that he was lying to himself the whole time.

characters I like/liked :

shane: i know this is a surprise entry but, I just can't help but love season 2's Shane, the man was the ultimate plot devise, if you need to move the plot, call Shane. Every time things were looking stale he rushed in to shake them up, like a knight in  dirty sweaty armour lol , I think he was misunderstood and I can understand why he grew to hate rick, he took every thing from him, the women, the kid, the alpha male role and the respect of the group, they started to look at him like "the loose canon" Shane, every time he said something the following answer was "we have to ask rick". For me, he was the MVP of this season. Yeah, I said it, I'm proud to say I was team Shane, good bye, man:cry:

Rick: what a man, he may look like a drug addict but he is a trusted drug addict :D ,  loved how he finished those two guys in episode 8. He understood that its even him or Shane and he made the right choice. Not gonna talk a lot about rick because he is more of an action man than a words man.

Glenn: loved the first half version of him, hated the second. His best attribute was that he is the handy man of the group, but if you gonna be a coward because of a girl then I have to shut you down, he has the first 5 episodes of season 3 to redeem himself.

Daryl and Hershel: great characters but I can't talk about them a lot because they didn't have a lot of screen time (I loved how they focused on the sensitive part of daryl, he obviously had a rough childhood)

Character that I hate : only 1

Lori: I hate her guts, she is an idiot of the highest order, the way she was whispering into Rick's ear how Shane wanted nothing good for him and she outright hinted that Shane will kill him and acted like rick did something disgusting when he killed Shane, the audacity, the ego.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlGTBq6v04zJ9dMz8TXXy

The day she die will be a great one

--just one thing, I think Dale's death had a message in it, the way he died was telling, he saw the danger but couldn't stop it, had help (a gun) but couldn't use it, the only thing that he could do is use his voice ( as usual) and the fact that the walker went for his stomach  and didn't bite him shows that even zombies were looking for his "guts" because he never had the courage to do any thing and take the matters to his own hands

@Strokes, I loved the second season: 9/10 for me, the second half was great and I didn't really feel like it dragged out or any thing.

If u think season 2 is good wait to you watch 3 and 4 and 5

Line of Duty is really enjoyable at the moment. I miss Keeley though!

Watched Mr Robot last week, pretentious crap, probably the worst series I've watched.

Watching new Prison break, this was my all time favourite series but if this revival carries on the way it is I'm going to just pretend it's not canonical.

Trying to decide what to watch next.

13 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Brilliant program i just cant wait to find out how it all ends maybe be another 5 or so years for that

Hope so, quality series, probably one of the only TV shows that turn hated characters to a beloved ones smoothly without making it look fake.

• Like 1