Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Championship Lineup Complete

Barnsley

Birmingham

Blackburn

Blackpool

Bolton

Brighton

Bristol City

Burnley

Cardiff

Charlton

Crystal Palace

Derby

Huddesfield

Hull

Ipswich

Leicester

Leeds United

Middlesbrough

Nottm Forest

Millwall

Peterborough

Sheff Wed

Watford

Wolves

First thoughts are... a lot of sides beginning with B, not sure what's going off there... We need to try & get Bradford, Brentford & Bournemouth in

Don't think all the relegated sides will bounce back, but definite threats for playoff places from all 3 promoted sides IMO, all three will be well backed to push-on.

Birmingham if they don't implode will be very strong, Blackburn will be if they get a decent manager, but those owners are clowns, Cardiff & Middlesbrough will be there abouts. Leeds could implode, rumours are Warnock is ready to walk, although that could be just brinksmanship trying to get Bates to loosen the purse-strings. Derby are my outside bet, they go about their business in a textbook fashion & if they stick around the top half, IMO will do amazingly well once FFP comes in & the playing field levels in future seasons.

I think we're as good as anyone outside the relegated teams (but if they lose players we could be stronger) & we have every chance as long as the players realise they need to put a shift in & collectively have a better attitude than the squad assembled last summer.

All six of the promoted and relegated sides have got the potential to challenge for the top six at least, Leeds with Warnock could be dangerous and Blackpool, Birmingham and Cardiff should all be strong again. Not going to be easy.

Blackburn

Wolves

Bolton

Huddersfield

Sheff Wednesday

Charlton

Leicester

Blackpool (if they keep phillips , ince ect)

Birmingham (if hughton gets some funds)

Leeds (if warnock actually gets some funds)

Derby (if Clough gets some funds)

I think Cardiff will be in the bottom half next season with Middlesbrough coming about 11th 12th.

Guest BlueBrett

Not many sides that can get relegated this year. You're probably looking at 3 from Posh, Bristol City, Watford, Barnsley and Millwall. The rest of the league is going to be ridiculously tight.

Not many sides that can get relegated this year. You're probably looking at 3 from Posh, Bristol City, Watford, Barnsley and Millwall. The rest of the league is going to be ridiculously tight.

I've been saying this since the season was nearing an end. If people thought last season was tough, I can only see the coming one being tougher.

I think they key may be a biggish squad, such that we can replace quality for like quality when we need to.

This was what Sven attempted to do, I think, but got it wrong IMO.

I think Pearson can do better but I guess we'll see.

I'm actually looking forward to it already.

The Euros then the Championship starts over again... What a great game footy is!!!

Barnsley

Birmingham

Blackburn

Blackpool

Bolton

Brighton

Bristol City

Burnley

Cardiff

Charlton

Crystal Palace

Derby

Huddesfield

Hull

Ipswich

Leicester

Leeds United

Middlesbrough

Nottm Forest

Millwall

Peterborough

Sheff Wed

Watford

Wolves

That's the only time we'll see Barnsley at the top

Bolton will be strong, don't think Blackburn will be and not sure about Wolves.

Charlton should use the momentum from promotion, Wednesday in mid-table, similar to Huddersfield.

Birmingham will be the strongest imo. Bolton will struggle unles they replace a few of their older players. We need to start the season strong and play CONSISTENTLY!!! Don't wanna be playing catch up by February and leaving ourselves too much to do

I think Bolton will be strong, especially if they keep their key players. Not sure on Blackburn, depending on whether Hoilett and Yakubu stay; both of which would be very good for this league. Not sure on Wolves either, some of their better players have come out and said they want to stay and get the club back, but, we all know every player says this and then leaves!

So, I think Bolton will be up near the top. Birmingham, Blackburn, Wolves and maybe Leeds could all be challenging. Then what? It's open again, I really think we could be in for some shocks this season. I do think Charlon, Huddersfield and although I hate to say it, Sheffield Wednesday, will be ok. However, I feel Huddersfield will be the strongest out of the three promoted clubs.

Tough league yet again.

Don't think anyone's going to run away with it this year. Going to be close.

I'd imagine the relegated teams, Charlton and Wednesday from the promoted teams, Brum, Blackpool and us will be up there.

The league is so weak that it's very concievable we could get promoted, even though our squad is still very average at this point.

I'm not expecting much but a play-off place is well within our reach, but we still need quite a bit of good business before August.

Archived