Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hornyhollthefox123

Fitz Hall

Clint Hill did too, and I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.

What a player who under Mark Hughes Was a mainstay at the heart of the QPR team who stayed up in the prem and beat teams like Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham while we struggles against the likes of Bristol City and Watford.. And you wouldn't want him near our club...

Isn't Sol Campbell a free agent? Tony Adams? Bobby Moore? All household names so people should be happy.

According to Wikipedia, Hall had a good start to his Newcastle loan before getting injured for most of the rest of the season. Hence only 7 games.

For QPR, he was an ever-present for a couple of seasons before losing his place in the Premier League. So he has played a part in two title winning seasons in the last 4 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitz_Hall

Here's the link if anyone wants to do some research before making him a scapegoat before he has even signed for the club.

He wasn't ever present though. I don't know where wikipedia is getting that from. Gorkss and Hill started far more times. He started the first few and a handful at the end of the season and that's about it.

Soccerbase:

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2093&season_id=140&teamTabs=results

Played a part yes but that is how I remembered it, hardly an ever present.

Amazes me that people can have such formed opinions on players. I watch all the televised games like everyone else does, but I couldn't honestly ever recall how good/bad 99% of the players I've watched are apart from those at teams who get a lot of coverage.

Fitz Hall... ain't got a clue how good he is.

You know as well as I do that most of those who've jumped on the 'no thanks' bandwagon don't have a clue either. He was on loan at Newcastle when they went up and had a pretty bad injury last year, if I'm right, but still played in ten or twenty games for another team that got promoted. I've seen him play before but can't say he stood out as either especially good or bad.

He could be a good signing, my only slight concern is that he's 31, Shorey is 32, Heskey is 34... I hope we don't go down the Micky Adams transfer policy path, especially when it looked like Pearson was going to use our financial might to bring in players for the future. One or two of the above might be useful, but were we to snap up the three of them...

Then again, this is just speculation, isn't it?

What a player who under Mark Hughes Was a mainstay at the heart of the QPR team who stayed up in the prem and beat teams like Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham while we struggles against the likes of Bristol City and Watford.. And you wouldn't want him near our club...

Yeah, that's right.

He's no better than Konchesky, like Hall is no better than Morgan.

Calm down.......... everyones like ADHD sufferers on speed getting all frenetic over every half a**ed rumour doing the rounds! NP will continue doing his business quietly as all the desparate agents are doing theirs noisily!

Calm down.......... everyones like ADHD sufferers on speed getting all frenetic over every half a**ed rumour doing the rounds! NP will continue doing his business quietly as all the desparate agents are doing theirs noisily!

ps 3 in and 7 out and we are still in May think things are moving nicely so far, best policy wait for the scarf and cheesy grin on OS 2 days after we've signed whoever :chant:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/7793760/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Sky Sports understands Leicester are weighing up a move for Fitz Hall on a free transfer.

The former Crystal Palace and Wigan man is available after recently being released by Queens Park Rangers.

Hall found first-team chances hard to come by last season and Hoops boss Mark Hughes decided to let him move on.

The news has alerted a host of clubs, but Leicester are hoping to win the race for the 31-year-old.

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is thought to be an admirer of Hall and sees him as a key addition to his squad for next season.

I seem to remember him limping off when we played QPR at their place with a hamstring injury. At 32, this seems to be a persistent problem with Fitz, as when he was on loan at Newcastle, he sustained a hamstring injury that kept him out for weeks.

Whilst I have my concerns about his fitness, I'm somewhat at a loss to his ability - when ppl say no, are they basing this on performances they've seen, friends at QPR or just the fact that he isn't a high profile name. I'm not being critical of opinions, just wondering, as I've no real idea if he is any good, whether he has pace or not, left side or right sided etc. All I know is that he's 6' 4" and therefore should be decent in the air.

Whilst I have my concerns about his fitness, I'm somewhat at a loss to his ability - when ppl say no, are they basing this on performances they've seen, friends at QPR or just the fact that he isn't a high profile name. I'm not being critical of opinions, just wondering, as I've no real idea if he is any good, whether he has pace or not, left side or right sided etc. All I know is that he's 6' 4" and therefore should be decent in the air.

In not one of his four seasons for QPR did he make more than 18 starts, that shows that he's just a sub. Remembering that QPR were just a mid-table championship side not so long ago - he still wasn't a regular then. With us going for promotion I just don't think he'll be right for us.

It suggests he was an ever present in QPR's promotion season on Wiki, whether that means as a sub as well I'm not sure and in 2010 was on loan to Newcastle, where he sustained a serious hamstring injury. If he is a squad player, then I think he would be ok as we will need cover when Bamba, Mills and maybe SSL leave. I say SSL cos if he has a decent Euro someone will come in from him like Wigan.

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is thought to be an admirer of Hall and sees him as a key addition to his squad for next season.

:( the Steve Kean deluded affect seems to be wearing off on our Nigel :(

Bamba is off to Turkey if the rumors are true, Mills he will most likely be off as well, so then we would only have two CBs on the books in Morgan and St Ledger, so as another option Fitz Hall wouldn't be that bad on a free.

Hopefully we can get a winger or two, as we lack creativity from general wing play.

Archived