Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Jamie Vardy will be a Leicester City fans' favourite, You'll love him

Jamie Vardy will become a fans’ favourite at Leicester City, believes manager Nigel Pearson.

The striker was snapped up from Fleetwood Town for a record fee of £1 million for a player from non-league, and Pearson is convinced the 25-year-old can make the step up in standard from the Conference.

​

New signing Jamie Vardy will be a hit with fans, says Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson

Vardy was released by Sheffield Wednesday at the start of his career but has bounced back in non-league, scoring 34 goals for Fleetwood.

Pearson is convinced he can score goals in the Championship, and become a favourite with the Blue Army.

“I think he can make the step up, very much so,” said Pearson.

“He is not someone we have pulled out of the blue. We had been monitoring him for a while.

“His goal record is very good but I think he will be very popular with the fans because his work rate and eye for a goal is pretty exceptional. On the face of it, it is a big step up but I am very confident he will very soon prove he can play at this level.

“He is determined to make it and you need that desire and drive, and that personal belief to make a go of it.

“He has had knock-backs in his career but is very driven to be a success.

“I am very pleased we have been able to sign him because there were a number of clubs who wanted to take him on, but we were able to secure his signature.

“I am delighted about that and he will very quickly become a player his team-mates enjoy playing with and the opposition will not enjoy playing against, and the fans will really like him.

“He has a lot to live up to now but I am confident he can do a good job for us.”

Pearson is equally confident that fellow new arrivals Matty James and Ritchie De Laet can also prove to be a success.

Midfielder James and defender De Laet both joined in a £2 million double deal from Manchester United.

“Ritchie has been on loan a number of times but wants to progress his career,” said Pearson. “He is a very versatile player. He will do very well for us and is able to play in a number of positions, both full back positions and centre back.

“He is comfortable to play in all those positions. It is great to have such a versatile player.

“The most important thing from my position is that he has wanted to come here and play for us. He wants to be a success.

“When you cast your mind back to some of the criticisms that were made of us last year, players coming in with those sorts of values will only enhance what we have here.”

As i live in Blackpool ive heard/known about Vardy for a while , as i live 5miles from Fleetwood. Ive not seen him play live but i know dozens that have. Everyone, and i mean EVERYONE raves about him. My 11yo son is a fox but has watched Fleetwood countless times, he views this signing as a "jim'll fix it" dream come true. if he is half as good as im expecting we have a potential bargain and certain fans favourite

People knows my views on Vardy. His movement and positioning are quality. He's always finding space for him self plus the lad can finish. Exciting times a head.

Sounds like the kind of thing we need when battling against those bottom-half bus-parkers which tripped us up so many times last season.

Lets be honest, Pearson was hardly likely to say 'Vardy is a lazy twat, you're all going to hate him and hope I get sacked'.

Apart from when he was at Hull stuck with Bullard

Well Hume was a fans favourite, let's hope he offers a bit more than him.

10 league goals in his first season

13 in the league his second season

11 in the league his third season

Not bad when you consider the team he was pretty much relegation fodder for those three years. I think Hume gets a lot of grief considering his record in what was a terrible team.

Especially when people get lambasted for questioning the credentials of someone who scored less than that in a much better team whilst putting in a fraction of the effort. :whistle: **stirs pot**.

Very excited with the transfer, a non league player looking to prove something etc... Hopefully he can produce. He must have something though considering other teams were looking at him from our division.

Not bad when you consider the team he was pretty much relegation fodder for those three years. I think Hume gets a lot of grief considering his record in what was a terrible team.

Especially when people get lambasted for questioning the credentials of someone who scored less than that in a much better team whilst putting in a fraction of the effort. :whistle: **stirs pot**.

That really isn't a bad record.

As you imply it's all relative, imo his fans' favourite tag was due to the fact that the whole team was gash he may have been the best of a bad lot but he's way down my list of favourites over the years although they've been lean on the ground for some considerable time now.

Archived