Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Jamie Vardy will be a Leicester City fans' favourite, You'll love him

I've not seen him play but from what I've heard about him I imagine he'll be a Hume type player but better.

Hume was the best of a bad bunch, he wouldn't get anywhere near the team now. People like home because he ran about like a headless chicken and showed 'passion' I think Vardy will do this but be better than Hume. (Based on what I've read/heard in the media, heard from people who have watched him and a scout that I know has watched him)

10 league goals in his first season

13 in the league his second season

11 in the league his third season

Not bad when you consider the team he was pretty much relegation fodder for those three years. I think Hume gets a lot of grief considering his record in what was a terrible team.

Especially when people get lambasted for questioning the credentials of someone who scored less than that in a much better team whilst putting in a fraction of the effort. :whistle: **stirs pot**.

That penalty means that he deserves all the stick that he gets.

why do managers do this ? if he does well its expected now and if he struggles he'll be slagged to the hilt . give the lad some time to settle .

Nah, I reckon its quite the opposite, the lad will be buzzing with confidence from smashing the Conference up last season so no harm in giving a player brimming with confidence some more praise.

Must... not... reply... about... Beckford... only.... scoring 9.............. must... resist. lol;)

Must....not...reply...about....Beckford...missing....pre season...and...scoring....15....in....37...starts...

Must....not......reply.......about.......Beckford......in......a.......Vardy......thread.

Must....not....get....into....pointless....arguments....comparing....two...of....our...players...and....support....them.....both.

Pearson hypes up new signing Jamie Vardy.

It is rumoured Vardy will feel under too much pressure and his moral will suffer as a result.

So just because he's under pressure, you expect him to start lying, cheating and stealing?

10 league goals in his first season

13 in the league his second season

11 in the league his third season

Not bad when you consider the team he was pretty much relegation fodder for those three years. I think Hume gets a lot of grief considering his record in what was a terrible team.

Especially when people get lambasted for questioning the credentials of someone who scored less than that in a much better team whilst putting in a fraction of the effort. :whistle: **stirs pot**.

Only 10?

I wonder how many starts he had...

They were probably against weak League Cup opposition...

stirs the pot the other way... :ph34r:

I have a very good feeling about Vardy, it may take abit of time to settle in and he may struggle at times but he needs patience and i am very confident NP has got a gem here

Well, the manager's put pressure on himself as much as Vardy. He's clearly saying we've got an exciting talent and if the player fails to show it then it'll be fair to wonder why.

The first thing for a striker, of course, is to make sure he gets chances and that means getting both the ball and bodies into the box. We've failed miserably in the last department - and not just under Pearson - so it'll be interesting to see what changes.

And how Vardy reacts to the consequence of detailed scrutiny by the opposition. To score the goals he did for fleetwood suggests one of two things to me. Either that he really has the abilities and instincts of a natural striker. Or that the coaches at that level don't do their homework well enough.

In Championship football they'll make plans to counter him - especially with Pearson having advertised his abilities so glowingly -

and the test will be how Vardy reacts. And how much help he gets around him.

Only 10?

I wonder how many starts he had...

They were probably against weak League Cup opposition...

stirs the pot the other way... :ph34r:

Well he made one appearance less than Beckford did this year (league and cup), and over three seasons he made 101 starts. Which on average is 33.6 league starts a season, Beckford made 33 league starts this year. And as MTWG says I counted league goals only.

I won't go on about him any more, I'm not anti Beckford (even though it may seem it). I'm just calling it on what I saw and I thought he was average to poor, and extremely poor value for money.

It has got my goat a little bit recently with several people mentioning that fans seem to prefer "players like Dickov and Hume" over players like Beckford and Yakubu. But both of those players outscored Beckford in the league and put in some decent amount of effort to go along with it.

I hope Beckford gets his chance next year, takes the opportunity and changes the mind of people who have doubts about him.

Back to Vardy... I think Pearsons signings this year have been very much down the route of getting players who can play in multiple positions. He's commented upon De Laet playing both full back positions, and centre back. Vardy can play through the middle, wide of a front three, and I would think out wide if needed. So I can see him being used all over the park to start with.

Well he made one appearance less than Beckford did this year (league and cup), and over three seasons he made 101 starts. Which on average is 33.6 league starts a season, Beckford made 33 league starts this year. And as MTWG says I counted league goals only.

I won't go on about him any more, I'm not anti Beckford (even though it may seem it). I'm just calling it on what I saw and I thought he was average to poor, and extremely poor value for money.

It has got my goat a little bit recently with several people mentioning that fans seem to prefer "players like Dickov and Hume" over players like Beckford and Yakubu. But both of those players outscored Beckford in the league and put in some decent amount of effort to go along with it.

I hope Beckford gets his chance next year, takes the opportunity and changes the mind of people who have doubts about him.

Back to Vardy... I think Pearsons signings this year have been very much down the route of getting players who can play in multiple positions. He's commented upon De Laet playing both full back positions, and centre back. Vardy can play through the middle, wide of a front three, and I would think out wide if needed. So I can see him being used all over the park to start with.

I always said from the start that Beckford would divide the fans and perhaps under pressure last year of expectation he didn't rise to his potential.

I think the team will be more adjusted to a particular style with (hopefully) a defense that can remain steadfast, and a team that is unified and regular.

Expectations will be lower, though the same goal will be promotion. Under the circumstances we could have a team that will thrive with eager young players who have more workrate than what we've seen last season. With this a strikeforce can reach its potential.

Vardy has had his praises already sung by Pearson, and this isn't something Pearson does regularly, but it might be the trigger Beckford needs to up his game is he's to compete with Vardy, Nugent, and Waggy who are proven workhorses. It of course could do the opposite, but it's going to be a wait and see type scenario. I've never said that Beckford will, but Beckford could.

I have a slow burning anticipation of the season ahead, and with Futacs joining we'll have an option to play against a particular type of opposition, that wasn't as effective (see Howard) as last season.

I've noticed that there has been no comment on the cost of Vardy, and the pressure of that price tag mentioned. This cost in comparison to other signings we've made in the last two years realistically is astronomical. Let's hope he has a great season and we have a great deal for ourselves within the contract, as he might well prove a great acquisition financially should he do well and the wolves come knocking on the door.

It comes down to this doesn't it. If you're lazy and score consistently (note consistently and not just quantum) you can get away with it. Yakubu was more successful at this than Beckford (at least to my eyes).

If you work hard the fans will be more forgiving. Although Akinbiyi was shite I could never hate him because he tried his best.

Archived