Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

I wonder what Readings forum was like after there first few games last season?

Is it me or does this stink of desperation already?

I swear for the past 3 seasons we've said "remember how far Blackpool were off the play-offs with x number of games to go".

Yeah you're right. Why are we kidding ourselves with this farce? It's not like we've even played well in the games we've lost is it.

It's time, the mass FoxesTalk suicide is upon us, pills at the ready.

Reading went on an 8 game unbeaten run with (3W 5D, 17th Sept-29th Oct)

6 wins in 7 games (26th Nov-31st Dec)

9 wins in 10 games including eight wins on the spin (14th Jan-10th Mar)

and 6 wins in a row (24th Mar-17th Apr)

Are we really capable of these kinds of amazing winning runs several times in a season?

Probably not.....

Reading started badly (4 points from first 9 games) but they won the League with these insane winning runs which was rather special. I can't remember a side starting so poorly and going on to win the League like this apart from maybe Sunderland under Roy Keane.

We need to hit the ground running on Saturday and hopefully get a win because I think we're incapable of conjuring four runs of brilliance in a single season and can't afford to continue to lose games like Reading did early on.

Afterall consistency has been our achilles heel for the last decade...

However I am optimistic the good away performances will turn into good results and we will rollover the league leaders Saturday :scarf:

We have not made a disastrous start to the season, we've played well against Peterborough, Charlton and Blackburn. We are a good team and we will start accumulating points, I expect us to beat the best team in the league (at the moment) this weekend and then everyone will be raving about how good we are.

I wonder how the Birmingham forums are feeling now, let alone Reading forums last season.

Birmingham are in worse situation than we are, and they are expected top six.

It's only three games just see what Saturday brings.

Keep calm and have faith!

I wonder how the Birmingham forums are feeling now, let alone Reading forums last season.

Birmingham are in worse situation than we are, and they are expected top six.

It's only three games just see what Saturday brings.

Keep calm and have faith!

Or Ipswich!

Reading also had a fantastic run towards the end of the 10/11 season, and eventually lost to Swansea in the play-off final. Their fans would already know that the team and the manager was capable of mounting a serious promotion challenge, so I can't imagine it would be anything like this forum.

I mentioned this ages ago, Reading won one game in the first month (that's one win out of six games, and their win came at Leicester :rolleyes:). They lost at home to teams like Watford and Barnsley.

However, and although I have spoke about it myself, I don't see the need for comparison's just yet... We have played well against Peterborough, Charlton and Blackburn (two very tough away games). We have created many chances, and although we haven't always taken them, I'd rather be sitting here saying we've missed chances instead of not creating any at all.

I'll look at the table around Christmas time and see what it looks like. That's the time where it usually looks like what it will finish like, apart from a few times when the likes of Reading, Crystal Palace and Blackpool have put together a great run and won promotion. I don't really see the point in negativity just yet, considering we've played only three games and not exactly been hammered.

But we aren't Reading. We could look at our start to last season (same as this with one win and two defeats) and we didn't reach the play-offs, but that has little to do with our start this week.

What happened elsewhere last season or five years ago has no bearing on what is happening now.

I was working in Reading last year so saw them play a few times and they were shocking. How they got promoted I will never know. They don't have any great quality but just seemed to sneak wins.

And there is no chance their fans would have said anything after 43 games let alone 3 games because they are the worst fans I have ever come across!

But we aren't Reading. We could look at our start to last season (same as this with one win and two defeats) and we didn't reach the play-offs, but that has little to do with our start this week.

What happened elsewhere last season or five years ago has no bearing on what is happening now.

But it wasn't the first 3 games that cost last season it was our inability to put a run together, and if we can't put a string of wins together we won't go up this season. Whereas reading did and look where they are now. Losing a couple of games at the start is not going make any difference in the end.

We have not made a disastrous start to the season, we've played well against Peterborough, Charlton and Blackburn. We are a good team and we will start accumulating points, I expect us to beat the best team in the league (at the moment) this weekend and then everyone will be raving about how good we are.

I think you'll find our problem is that we did play well in all those games but only for a period of time. There were also periods when we were poor / made mistakes.

Anybody that thinks the league can be won or lost after three games seriously have no knowledge of football whatsoever. Ok it's not a great start in terms of points on the board (which is obviously the most important thing) but there are a lot of positives to take from our performances. Need to start games better than we have been though

I think you'll find our problem is that we did play well in all those games but only for a period of time. There were also periods when we were poor / made mistakes.

I still think overall they were good performances though, I'm not really worried because I think bad luck has hindered us more than how we have played. If Nuge had stuck it in the net early on, If Vardy's goal had counted...... Blackburn couldn't claim to have any moments of bad luck like those (I don't think).

With the Charlton game I would agree with you, there was a long period when we were poor after letting in the first goal and we really should have put the ball in the net a few more times. Even so, I still think we were less fortunate than Charlton and I can't imagine we'll continue to miss the chances we did in the 2nd half of that game.

Anybody that thinks the league can be won or lost after three games seriously have no knowledge of football whatsoever. Ok it's not a great start in terms of points on the board (which is obviously the most important thing) but there are a lot of positives to take from our performances. Need to start games better than we have been though

Same old shit that was spewed out last season too by others on here...

Archived