Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Birmingham Away.

New St isn't too far away - can be done in 25mins easily.

You'll walk through Digbeth too which has pretty much a pub on every corner. Real Ale in most and food served. Best bet is probably The Old Crown (oldest pub in Brum). Decent beer garden and unlikely to get any trouble unless you look for it.

Early Sunday killed this game last season but can't wait for it this year. Should be taking thousands to this.

Just searched the etap hotel, and its saying it is now a Ibis budget hotel, £48 a night. Travelodge on broad street is £52 so will go for that I reckon. Although check-in is not until 3pm though, probably a stupid question but will they let me

leave an overnight bag at the hotel in the morning and then check in after the game?

Yes most hotels let you keep your bag in some sort of room

Jesus.

They've actually cut the price from last year when it was a Sunday 1:15 on BBC.

Credit to them for that although their adult price still isn't amazing, the rest are pretty good though and I'm all over that.

Beat Bristol and we'll have well over 3k at this, if we don't it's embarrassing.

Just searched the etap hotel, and its saying it is now a Ibis budget hotel, £48 a night. Travelodge on broad street is £52 so will go for that I reckon. Although check-in is not until 3pm though, probably a stupid question but will they let me leave an overnight bag at the hotel in the morning and then check in after the game?

10 of us booked into the Ibis and maybe more adding to our party, on the 9;38 train for an all dayer and check in time is mid day, booooom......

As said, if we don't get 3000 for this........

Aye, no excuses at all. We always seem to flatter to deceive numbers wise in the West Midlands though, we rarely take over 2k although in fairness I swear every single trip there gets put on TV.

Should have at least, I mean at least 2,500. No excuses what so ever, it's local, it's fairly cheap for a large section (although I do feel for adults, £27 is poor), it's extremely easy to access with it being Birmingham, this really does have so much potential but it's one that seems to not live up to it for some reason.

Hope it's better than last year anyway although I can't really see it being much worse.

The wife is working that day and I have some friends in Brum,so I might go and take the kids,my daughter likes Leicester but my little lad likes Peterboroughas his best mate has a season ticket,I am trying to drum it out of him,so perhaps an away match debut for him could do the trick if I promise to see his friends in Birmingham after,ply him with drinks and food and if you happen to see us say hello.im talking about the long game here for a future supporter,that will give me an excuse to go to more aways when he is older.Help me out here guys.

Aye, no excuses at all. We always seem to flatter to deceive numbers wise in the West Midlands though, we rarely take over 2k although in fairness I swear every single trip there gets put on TV.

Should have at least, I mean at least 2,500. No excuses what so ever, it's local, it's fairly cheap for a large section (although I do feel for adults, £27 is poor), it's extremely easy to access with it being Birmingham, this really does have so much potential but it's one that seems to not live up to it for some reason.

Hope it's better than last year anyway although I can't really see it being much worse.

Spot on. I'll be there, for my first away game of the season. I normally go to about 10 and wanted to go to Blackburn and Huddersfield, but price for Blackburn, and timing of Huddersfield put me off.

Spot on. I'll be there, for my first away game of the season. I normally go to about 10 and wanted to go to Blackburn and Huddersfield, but price for Blackburn, and timing of Huddersfield put me off.

Same for me.

Really wanted to go Huddersfield, gutted when the fixture came out and saw it was a midweek.

All over this, less than £50 day out including food and drinks.

Only been once, when we beat them 1-0 after La Manga. My memory of it is that it was a pretty decent away day. Fair amount of trouble afterwards as well if I remember rightly.

il live about twenty minutes from blues ground so il be there do think 27 quid is poor tbh and part of birmingham where ground is located is a horrible place to be fair taught in a school round there last term scary how rough it was for a primary school

Archived