Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Knockaert nearly signed for Leeds in 2008....

but they wouldn't stump up the compensation

http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/Locales/Roubaix/actualite/Sport_Metropole_Lilloise/2008/09/06/article_anthony-knockaert-ce-jeune-leersois-aura.shtml

Translated by Google.

Anthony Knockaert: this young Leersois have signed England if Leeds had loosed his purse - Sports Métropole - North

POSTED ON 06/09/2008 AT 4:57

The football news is filled, at present, these stories of young French people who go to try their luck in Britain.

11aed81_1.jpg.jpg

empty.gif

A year ago, the Lensois Adel Taarabt took the direction of Tottenham, 17. More recently signed Gaël Kakuta Chelsea 16. Too young, too soon?

These questions, the family is asked to Knockaert this summer lorsqu'Anthony, the son, was spotted by an agent of great players in relation to Great Britain. Lesquin his club, where he moved in Division Honneur, the young man of 16 and a half years then flew to Leeds United, one of the great names of English sport.

Fairy tale? For Anthony, it was undeniable. The departure was scheduled Aug. 6 for an initial trial of four days. "I did two workouts per day, plus weights. They asked me to play against Leicester. I played, I scored and I made assists. "Bottom line, Leeds did not want to let go and the test is extended.

A bit too much to taste new parents left without a few days of school. But on Monday, the son was playing another match against Sheffield United.

"The opposing coach was crazy about him," proud dad. "They wanted me to sign a contract two years younger after which I would have signed professional says Anthony.But the answer was that, financially, it was not possible.

'

130,000 euros in compensation ...

Explanations. For the transfer of a young player, Leeds United should have paid to the French Football Federation training compensation which would then have been redistributed to clubs concerned, including Lens and Lesquin. But the amount was far beyond the wishes and English is not less than 130 000 euros the "Federation" demanded.

"I'm not saying that I am disappointed that it has not happened, says Anthony. This is only a financial problem. They would have had the means to pay, I would have signed. "For him, no doubt, from not been a problem. Attractive salary conditions (250 pounds per week or 1250 euros per month) and especially training conditions far from the French standings, and even those of Gaillette.

"After the training, it's jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and go whenever you want. The facilities are much better than Lens, while Leeds is a third division club! The gym is huge and there's even a physio for a massage. Once I had a broken toe and it was almost restored in three days ... "Back home. Sunday, Anthony may be aligned with the U.S. against Laval Lesquin in 18 years Nationals. But his agent continues to explore in England where he said that, in addition to Leeds, Manchester City would be interested in the young man.

And another agent just called to the family home to talk Leers FC Nantes. The proposals do not fail to live their passion.

And never mind the age and the heavens. ??

ALEXIS BEUSCART

but they wouldn't stump up the compensation

http://www.lavoixdun...sois-aura.shtml

Translated by Google.

Anthony Knockaert: this young Leersois have signed England if Leeds had loosed his purse - Sports Métropole - North

POSTED ON 06/09/2008 AT 4:57

The football news is filled, at present, these stories of young French people who go to try their luck in Britain.

11aed81_1.jpg.jpg

empty.gif

A year ago, the Lensois Adel Taarabt took the direction of Tottenham, 17. More recently signed Gaël Kakuta Chelsea 16. Too young, too soon?

These questions, the family is asked to Knockaert this summer lorsqu'Anthony, the son, was spotted by an agent of great players in relation to Great Britain. Lesquin his club, where he moved in Division Honneur, the young man of 16 and a half years then flew to Leeds United, one of the great names of English sport.

Fairy tale? For Anthony, it was undeniable. The departure was scheduled Aug. 6 for an initial trial of four days. "I did two workouts per day, plus weights. They asked me to play against Leicester. I played, I scored and I made assists. "Bottom line, Leeds did not want to let go and the test is extended.

A bit too much to taste new parents left without a few days of school. But on Monday, the son was playing another match against Sheffield United.

"The opposing coach was crazy about him," proud dad. "They wanted me to sign a contract two years younger after which I would have signed professional says Anthony.But the answer was that, financially, it was not possible.

'

130,000 euros in compensation ...

Explanations. For the transfer of a young player, Leeds United should have paid to the French Football Federation training compensation which would then have been redistributed to clubs concerned, including Lens and Lesquin. But the amount was far beyond the wishes and English is not less than 130 000 euros the "Federation" demanded.

"I'm not saying that I am disappointed that it has not happened, says Anthony. This is only a financial problem. They would have had the means to pay, I would have signed. "For him, no doubt, from not been a problem. Attractive salary conditions (250 pounds per week or 1250 euros per month) and especially training conditions far from the French standings, and even those of Gaillette.

"After the training, it's jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and go whenever you want. The facilities are much better than Lens, while Leeds is a third division club! The gym is huge and there's even a physio for a massage. Once I had a broken toe and it was almost restored in three days ... "Back home. Sunday, Anthony may be aligned with the U.S. against Laval Lesquin in 18 years Nationals. But his agent continues to explore in England where he said that, in addition to Leeds, Manchester City would be interested in the young man.

And another agent just called to the family home to talk Leers FC Nantes. The proposals do not fail to live their passion.

And never mind the age and the heavens. ??

ALEXIS BEUSCART

Thats how we spotted him is it.

Thats how we spotted him is it.

That was written in September 2008 Pearson became our manager in June 2008 so more than likely was seen by either Pearson, Shakespeare or Walsh.

If he played against us in a friendly, probably all three!

But I doubt he'd have been ready for English third-tier football at that time. Even Max Gradel struggled during that season and he was several years older than Knockaert.

Who would you rather sleep with. Ken bates or Steve Bruce?

Bates seems to be the seedy, perverted type that'd be into all kinds of weird shit. Probably wouldn't let you leave until you'd sampled a wide selection of handcuffs and buttplugs.

Archived