Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Scottish Football

I've just read through 8 pages of bollocks! Reasoned debate is non existent and flawed political views are being rammed down each others throats!

Here's where i stand on life, if you want to consider some pathetic footballing rivalry in Scotland that's built on bigotry and hate and that means absolutely nothing to me as an individual then please be my guest.

People in this world are different, and people have different views. But if somebody has different views to yourself, don't persecute them, embrace them. Political, Cultural and personal differences are what makes us who we are. You don't have to agree with it, but accept it. Reason and debate and keep an open mind. You may find some common ground or you may see something from a different perspective and slightly alter your own perceptions! Fighting doesn't solve anything it causes hate which only blurs the arguments and differences that were there to begin with.

BTW - I love calley thistle! They are like a LCFC youth team from 5 yrs ago!!

Scotland and Ireland can both **** off. They're both jealous of England's greatness, just like the whole entire world....

But if I chose a side. I would chose Scotland everyday. Hate the irish with a passion.

RobHawk's plea for decency is immediately ignored. Go figure.

Edited by Jordan

[tries one more time]

How long do you give Hearts new boss, Gary Locke?

Worst run club in the SPL. Their players are paid irregularly, they sell talent, their owner is bankrupt in his homeland.

Surely only a matter of time before Locke joins the list of ex bosses of the Jambos...

[come on people we CAN make this thread about Scottish football]

So what do people think of the proposed restructure - two top leagues of 12 which then split into THREE leagues of 8.

I think that's just too weird to succeed.

So what do people think of the proposed restructure - two top leagues of 12 which then split into THREE leagues of 8.

My ridiculous suggestion that's a little less ridiculous than this? Scottish Premier League should go Latin America-style and have an "Apertura and Clausura." Split the season into two, and have two champions every year. This way, a decent team outside the Old Firm can perhaps get hot and make a run for the title with a good first or second half, while they'd be much less likely to keep up the good form for a full season. Decide Scotland's top CL seed if there are two winners by either the team that won their respective title with more points, by total points, or by a "Super Cup" after the two sessions.

I'm too busy and lazy to figure out how Europa League and relegation would work.

Yes Celtic do have a vociferous minority that is pro I.R.A. Just as Rangers have pro UDA/UDA supporters.

Charles Green,Rangers owner claims that Rangers and Celtic will be in the English league within five years

And to deny them would be tantamount to a restraint of trade.

Why on earth would F.A try and integrate such rabid sectarianism and compound our own problems.

Hopefully in eighteen months they will be an independent country. And the question of joining the English pyramid

Will be dead forever

James McFadden, who is back playing for Motherwell and has done quite well, looks about 15 years older than his alleged age of 29.

So, he's secretly Nigerian?

Anyway, things aren't looking great for Cowdenbeath at the moment - 2 points clear of the relegation play-off spot with a game extra played, and 2 games against 2nd in the table Partick Thistle coming up this week. Unfortunately Dumbarton have still got to play Airdrie, who've been utter turd all season, and with 2 games against Hamilton, and 2 games against Raith, have the easier looking run-in as well.

• Like 1

Me too, it doesn't seem football-like. Almost unprofessional. I'd like to see Scottish Football split into 2 big leagues, but obviously I'm unsure as to whether it'd be financially sustainble or not.

So, he's secretly Nigerian?

Anyway, things aren't looking great for Cowdenbeath at the moment - 2 points clear of the relegation play-off spot with a game extra played, and 2 games against 2nd in the table Partick Thistle coming up this week. Unfortunately Dumbarton have still got to play Airdrie, who've been utter turd all season, and with 2 games against Hamilton, and 2 games against Raith, have the easier looking run-in as well.

Come on the Blue Brazil! You've just gotta love a team blessed with such a delightfully ironic nickname and who play at a ground that resembles more of a post-apocalyptic wasteland than a football stadium. Anybody that watches games at Central Park week in and week out deserves a medal.

At the risk of this thread yet again decending into yet more bile-laden old firm rubbish, I'm watching the Hibs/Falkirk Scottish Cup semi.

Falkirk (from one league lower than Hibs) upset all predictions by taking a 0-3 half time lead. Hibs fans were seen headiing towards the exist when the 3rd went in after half an hour. The half time whistle was met with a chorus of boos.

Hibs look like they are coming back into it, though... 1-3