Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Leicester 6-0 Ipswich

That was a joy to watch. A Leicester City team landing an early blow and continuing with the punches throughout the game.

Normally we tend to stop at 4. The slight concern for me was the temptation to sit on the score and see it out comfortably. But no, we went for it again and continued to be aggressive and grind the opposition down.

The team deserves great credit. They took the initiative and never let it go. Dyer was exceptional, his pace too much for Ipswich and his end product spot on. Nugent played half-an-hour and did his usual feat of punishing Ipswich. Waghorn was lively and unlucky not to add to his warmly appreciated goal. Schlupp linked up well down the left with Dyer, Whitbread had a steady game next to Wes. The centre midfield dominated their area totally against bigger and better known players. Schmeichel had nothing to do.

Convincing and clinical. Just what was needed, and had threatened before this season. Thanks to all involved for an excellent 90 minutes :scarf:

That was a joy to watch. A Leicester City team landing an early blow and continuing with the punches throughout the game.

Normally we tend to stop at 4. The slight concern for me was the temptation to sit on the score and see it out comfortably. But no, we went for it again and continued to be aggressive and grind the opposition down.

The team deserves great credit. They took the initiative and never let it go. Dyer was exceptional, his pace too much for Ipswich and his end product spot on. Nugent played half-an-hour and did his usual feat of punishing Ipswich. Waghorn was lively and unlucky not to add to his warmly appreciated goal. Schlupp linked up well down the left with Dyer, Whitbread had a steady game next to Wes. The centre midfield dominated their area totally against bigger and better known players. Schmeichel had nothing to do.

Convincing and clinical. Just what was needed, and had been threatened before this season. Thanks to all involved for an excellent 90 minutes :scarf:

Exactly Corky and we made them look even poorer than they were :chant:

Convincing and clinical. Just what was needed, and had been threatened before this season. Thanks to all involved for an excellent 90 minutes :scarf:

That has been us for the last 30 years now. Such a refreshing change to see us twist the knife for once!

You never know how important goal difference will be at the end of the season. Could be the difference between 2nd and 3rd.

Anyone know of a site/TV station where I can see the goals. I set record for the Football League show last night and the f***ing box didn't record.

Listened to it on the Beeb's Radio Suffolk stream (thanks for whoever provided that link) and they seemed slightly shell-shocked but full of prasie for City. Sounded like a great match all round. Brilliant.

Anyone know of a site/TV station where I can see the goals. I set record for the Football League show last night and the f***ing box didn't record.

Listened to it on the Beeb's Radio Suffolk stream (thanks for whoever provided that link) and they seemed slightly shell-shocked but full of prasie for City. Sounded like a great match all round. Brilliant.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uo0iwbsd97jcy6g/City%20v%20Ipswich.mp4

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

I really would like us to absolutely bang someone at some point soon. For all the statements that seem to come out of our staff every couple of months that 'someone is in line for a real beating' etc etc, it never happens. When was the last time we hammered someone?

6-0 Leicester.

No need to thank me guys.

No need to thank me guys.

Funny bunch of people on here.

Nobody hardly thanked me, when I said Dyer will score the winner against Middlesbrough.

People need to stand up and take note, of other people's psychic abilities on here.

Funny bunch of people on here.

Nobody hardly thanked me, when I said Dyer will score the winner against Middlesbrough.

People need to stand up and take note, of other people's psychic abilities on here.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

You miserable fvckers predicting draws or even worse losses :nono::P revenge is on the cards 6-0 :D:chant:

"Can we play you every week?!" I didn't see the result until I got back from my training run yesterday and thought I was seeing things until I saw the highlights on Sky Sports News! A brilliant result and I suppose some cynics will still be saying "how bad were Ipswich?!" You can only beat the opposition in front of you though of course and at times we've not even managed to do that against some very poor teams over the past two seasons (Watford, Bristol City, Millwall, Doncaster, Portsmouth all spring to mind!). So to read that we finally gave a poor team a good hiding was great - and the icing on cake was that it was our biggest win in the league for 30 years, very refreshing!

Good to see Waghorn finally on the scoresheet after hitting everything bar the net in the past three games - and good for Futacs to get his first goal too, which will hopefully give him some confidence and a run in the first team as I've been amazed at how little he's featured this season to date when he was Pompey's best striker last season - although maybe that's not saying much! One of our longest servers' Dyer sounded like he had one of his best games in a Foxes shirt too! To top it all, a clean sheet, although that was probably as much down to Ipswich's ineptitude by the sound of the after match reports!

All in all a great day to mark the anniversary of Pearson's return! Lets just hope this pattern is maintained in the run up to the crucial Christmas period now - which has been a time in recent seasons where we've always tended to struggle for some reason - with this time to come last season being a big case in point, disastrous December (2011)!

Dyer actually looked like a quality Championship winger. I'm pretty sure that if he played like that every week, most full backs would find it hard to defend against him.

Championship? Premiership. He actually had an end product, his attitude to the game was spot on as well, he was fearless and everything came off.

Sadly I think a lot of what he pulled off was a one off but if he can maintain that kind of mindset in a game he'll become an asset regardless.

Overall a great saturday. Watched City run the tractor boys ragged and then went and won the raffle at the local hero afterwards. Signed & framed city shirt! I never win anything! Gave it to my mates 7-year old, there was no way i was gonna drag that thing around with me all night!

This win was much needed and it's good to finally hammer a team, but we need to follow this up with an away win. Our away form isn't good enough so far this season for a team wanting to gain promotion and this needs to improve immediately.

I hope Nugent doesn't have to sit out any upcoming games because he's on song right now, he's often scored in patches and has done so now on two seperate periods so we need to make the most of his rich vein of form. However, with Waghorn's performances getting better and better with every game he plays and Vardy back to fitness then it's looking positive for us. Futacs scoring really was a bonus as he gives us something else and a few goals will help his confidence and reliability for when we need him.

Lloyd Dyer, you've proven me wrong on various occasions but Saturday took the michael. Sensational.

Archived