Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Leicester City overhaul was needed - Nigel Pearson

Totally agree, and I think he has done a good job... When he returned, I always felt it was going to be a case of balancing us and then getting his own team in the summer, which is what he did. Players like Morgan, Marshall, Knockaert, De Laet as well as having faith in Liam Moore, seems to have been fantastic for us.

I have always been behind Pearson, I think he is a good manager and will push forward with Leicester. I was so pleased when he returned.

I was so pleased NP returned, gutted he left in the first place as I'd have completely trusted him with the money Sousa/Sven had to spend. He's quality in my eyes, someone who understands the management of players, and has great staff around him that think like him and produce for him. We're lucky to have him, and he can take us up and beyond.

Wasn't convinced about NFP returning - or the lack of progress we seemed to make in the second half of last season - but, despite the owners, breathing down his neck for immediate success, he appears to have done a bloody good job.

And we appear to be a much better side without Bamba, Mills, Fernandes, Abe, Danns, Michael Johnson and Beckford etc.

I was a major critic of the change to Pearson, his previous spell was, whilst relatively successful...dour, boring and at times depressing. That has clearly changed. He has the team playing outstanding football and looking like potential premier league challengers.

I also disagreed with some of his decisions to let players go, but again.. he has been proven pretty much correct and the lads he has, are showing great skill, desire and ability to play winning football.

More power to you Nige, a very happy foxes fan at the moment.

I wanted him back (admittedly second coice after MON) and am still happy with him now. He won't win any prizes for popularity or personality contests but then that is not what he is here for. He is pretty dull, dour, and falls out with people but he is straight down the line. Also like the fact he lets Shakey do the talking when we win but he always faces the music when we have been poor. Plus he has to deal with that lap-dog Stringer!

He should never have been allowed to go in the first place. Maybe Mandaric already had the Thais in the bag so didn't give a f*** about what happened to City, but Pearson should have been given the support and encouragement to stay. After all, he gave us two years of success after several seasons ranging between mediocrity and downright disaster, and he showed then that he knew how to pick good young players (Cleverly, Hobbs, Waghorn) and to meld them into a team with more experienced players like Wellens, Howard and Oakley.

There's no point in thinking about "what if", but the owners do need to learn the lesson: look back and learn, rather than look back and regret. Do everything in your power to keep this guy, and we will not only get into the Premier League, but we will stay there this time.

I freely admit that I was pretty neutral about his return as manager and downright scathing about the performance of him and his squad in the latter part of last season but the transformation from the dross that we were playing at the end of last season to the high tempo, passing football that has been so evident this season is quite remarkable.

Sure I am aware that this is still a work in progress and we have a bit of a tendency to drop back into the old ways, look at recent games prior to saturday, but there is real promise in the way we are playing and it is great to see.

If I have any reservations, they are about NFP's tactical and coaching skills, particularly in the way that he handles our more creative and attacking players. He has a bit of history here, Gradel being the most obvious and his current reluctance to give give Marshall and/or Knockaert the freedom to be really effective is to me, a bit troubling.

Still our progress this season has been immense and maybe this attacking freedom is still to come so I am, overall very pleased.

Well done Nigel...... :thumbup:

I was a major critic of the change to Pearson, his previous spell was, whilst relatively successful...dour, boring and at times depressing. That has clearly changed. He has the team playing outstanding football and looking like potential premier league challengers.

I also disagreed with some of his decisions to let players go, but again.. he has been proven pretty much correct and the lads he has, are showing great skill, desire and ability to play winning football.

More power to you Nige, a very happy foxes fan at the moment.

I Think this is basically the point of his interview ... cominf off the back of a huge win- a little poke at his doubters, of which there was many. I think people saw him as a step backwards....

and yes,,,, he has won many over..

Cracking job so far, I can't fault him one bit. Changed his style of football which is very pleasing to watch and brought in some young quality players.

Thats the thing about Nige hes not just gone all out a blasted the Thias money hes very clever and knows what he doing... if anyone is going to take us up Pearson is the man to do it.

We should never have contrived to let him go in the first place. I think what he achieved with us last time around has been underestimated. We were in terminal decline until NP walked through the door and it was no mean feat to get us promoted at the first attempt.

I simply cannot understand why so many were reluctant to support him in his second spell. There is only really Micky Adams to rival him as our best and most successful, manager since O’Neill. Some of the alternatives being mooted were frightening. Why wouldn’t you want a manager who was extremely successful with us, hasn’t yet got a major blemish on his CV, has an outstanding record in the transfer market, is shrewd with money and gets the most out of players?

I know every manager has his faults because they are just human beings. Nigel is probably not the most tactically flexible, which is why some of his football can be described as predictable.

The people who were calling for his head (and there were some), however, were tantamount to the people who wanted O’Neill to go after the Sheffield game. At least then they could have the excuse that O’Neill was an unknown quantity, but Nigel had been here before!

Pearson has done better than I thought he would, but don't forget we are 5th, with four teams above us, and a good few snapping at our heels.

If we get promoted, then I WILL be convinced. If not, then I will know my views on him are what they have always been.

The finishing line is a long way off.

Was very happy with the return of Pearson.

Suddenly we had a manager who instills discipline and work ethic into his players and who, together with his backroom staff, generally has a good eye for a signing.

I'm still over the moon to have him as manager.

It also finally put an end to the ridiculous Sousa/Sven reign...

Was very happy with the return of Pearson.

Suddenly we had a manager who instills discipline and work ethic into his players and who, together with his backroom staff, generally has a good eye for a signing.

I'm still over the moon to have him as manager.

Couldn't agree more.

Surprising the article didn't mention the Financial Fair Play rules and the possible impact they will have had on our squad.

As I recall, the changes come into force from next season and fines will apply from the season after that - hence the need to start thinking now about those fat 3/4-year deals we were handing out under Sven and Sousa.

Perhaps that's a possible reason why Pearson seems happy to go on record saying he had to do more of a clear-out job than he thought...clearly the wage bill was totally unsustainable (it surely still is, to some extent?) and that must have had an impact on some of the transfer decisions.

Archived