Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Derby (H) Post Match

4-1 :scarf:

Flattering scoreline...which makes it even better lol

Av it you sheep shaggers!

Not really

First half of the 1st half.... and 2nd half of the second half we could have had about 10, in between then we just didn't seem to put the effort in, almost to our own cost

When we play with tempo & press them in their opposition half, no one seems to be able to live with us... but when the team isn't at the races like 2nd half of first half & 1st half of 2nd half... and Leeds away (& our other defeats), we don't half make it difficult for ourselves - and people on here start picking fault with individuals... Vardy seems current flavour of the month... when in actual fact it's all about the team doing those things

**** yes.

For the first half hour it looked like Top would be getting an angry letter through his door on Monday from PETA for viciously slaughtering sheep on national TV, but we did get rather complacent from there on until Nugent came on. Credit to the defence though during that spell, rock solid. And Nuge's cameo :wub: Stunning second goal.

we had a poor 15 mins in the first half after an incredible 30 mins. Then it took us 10 mins to tale control of the second half. Scoreline is just but could have been 10.

Drinky bossed the midfield apart from those 20 mins. Motm.

I missed the first half hour but by all accounts we were superb, then Derby were on top and 2-1 us looked a fair full time result. The ruthlessness and quality of Nuge at the moment made the scoreline look even better in our favour, and that's 2 half hour cameos in recent weeks for Nugent and they've resulted in 4 goals. Not bad!

Into 3rd, another home game up next. A very winnable home game, too. Good stuff.

If Derby had gone on to get the equaliser, which they should have, they would possibly have gone on to win.

However, they didn't and we had Nuuuuuuuuuuuuge! If he had started, wed have been 4 up after 20 mins I reckon.

Great win, and though 4-1 was flattering, it shows how dangerous we are, even when we only play well for parts of the game.

I will go on to say that Derby, who I whole heartedly hate, were a very good footballing team. Fair play to them, though they won't get playoffs with a defence like that.

KP is a flipping fortress, well done Nige :D

The Derby fans are spot on about this not being a rivalry.

Here's the record over the last five games.

P5 W5 D0 L0 F13 A1 Pts 15

Yep, definitely not a rivalry Rams. We quite agree.

Not really

First half of the 1st half.... and 2nd half of the second half we could have had about 10, in between then we just didn't seem to put the effort in, almost to our own cost

True, but lets be honest, we could have conceded plenty in that period. To be honest, between the half hour mark and our 3rd goal, we were a bit of a horror show, not nice to watch at all.

Fantastic first 30 minutes though, some really good football and great goals. It's a shame Waggy and Knocky's shots didn't go in, would have been very memorable.

Nuge :appl: That is why he's so important to us, our backs were against the wall and he's come on for 25 minutes and sealed the game. He's just got that extra bit of quality in front of goal.

Waggy also had a superb first half but didn't get the ball much in the second, the midfield got overran. I would have brought James on for Knocky earlier, Knocky, despite his obvious assets, is a bit of a liability in the situation we were in, he just gives it away too cheaply. Fair play to Nigel though, his first two subs killed the game off.

On another day we could have easily drawn that, we need to be a bit more professional and not open the door for the opposition, and it took a long time, almost 40 minutes, for us to regain control of the game. That's a pretty big spell to be second best. We also need to make our dominance count, there were too many openings we squandered with poor final passes. Yes we scored more than enough goals but we should have killed it off much earlier, could have been 4 or 5 as you say after 30 minutes.

Once again though, there's more good news than bad news, we're up to 3rd again and are, in flashes at least, looking a really good side.

The Derby fans are spot on about this not being a rivalry.

Here's the record over the last five games.

P5 W5 D0 L0 F13 A1 Pts 15

Yep, definitely not a rivalry Rams. We quite agree.

If anything they're our best mates - always doing what they can to help us climb the ladder. :D

Great result!! Especially considering the Sheep really had us on the back foot for half an hour. Waghorn... bloody hell he's come a long way, fantastic play. And we're learning how to take chances, which is marvellous

Nugent - thoroughly deserves to start every match, but makes for a fantastic impact sub!

GO WES!

Hi Peter, Who do you think is the best central defender in the Championship? I may be biased but I think Charlton's Michael Morrison has to be up there. Thanks, Michael May (Charlton fan)

Wes-Morgan-Leicester_2813604.jpgBEAGS SAYS: Michael, your namesake Mr Morrison is certainly up there and is a player I have held in high regard ever since I saw him develop at Cambridge and, latterly, at Leicester, under the tutelage of ex-centre-half Nigel Pearson. Morrison played in a back five when he was with the Foxes and was also switched to right-back, such was his versatility and ability on the ball; he is not the biggest but he attacks the ball brilliantly, has very good distribution and is an organiser, too. But I have to say that the player who has completely changed my opinion from ordinary to outstanding is Leicester's Wes Morgan. He was brilliant at Nottingham Forest and reached a level of performance that had a lot of club clamouring for his signature, something City captured in January. He has matured into the most consistent Championship centre-back.

Archived