Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Barnsley Post Match

Not long back from the game and it was very frustrating to say the least. After we scored the goal we just sat back and invited the pressure and by the looks of it tried to play Barnsley at their game of head tennis and they (in my opinion) deserved their goal even if it was a mistake. Thing that worries me is that when a team gets physical our players seem to shy away from 50/50 balls and getting stuck in I thought Barnsley should of had at least 6-7 yellow cards for some of the challenges andf the time wasting tactics they employed. I thought Nugent was very lucky only to get a booking but their #14 knew exactly what he was doing during that incident which proved to me they couldn't handle the high tempo we used in the 2nd half. King was very poor today, but the game changed when Futacs game on and we got the goal we deserved but overall if we play like that we will not be where we are now.

Lacklustre performance in which i blame us fans as mich as i blame the players after going 1-0 up.

We need the urgency we showed for the last 5mins after ewualising EVERY moment we are losing.

Shouldve had a penalty with futacs being held back after the equaliser.

Waggy faded after 20mins but the whole team did as well.

Pleased for vardy, clinical finish

Edit thought nugent shouldve been sent off after looking like he swung punches. Cant afford to do that.

Again, it's an old cliche, there are no easy games of football, one or two fans seem to think that we have a god given right to beat a team like Barnsley. They may be down there, but they still have the ability to score goals and hurt teams like they hurt us today.

I am gutted we didn't win, but we had the lions share of the game, and with a bit of luck infront of goal, we would have easily beaten them. We are playing some of the best football in the league, but all teams have sticky spells, Cardiff are due one in the next month or so, just when we start coming out of ours. The lack of faith shown by some fans disappoints me, by all means be disheartened by the result, but be thankful for what the team has accomplished so far and the potential we have within the squad.

I will finish by saying, you can't win every game.

Had Barnsley fought really hard and forced a draw despite our best efforts I would agree with you...... :thumbup:

But it appears that this was not the case, we gifted Barnsley an equaliser, allowed them to get in front then left it to the last few minutes to really up the tempo and go for a result......... :frusty:

I accept that this is a tough league but we were third, at home against a side 4th from bottom, a regulation performance would have seen us get the 3 points.

We are what we appear to be, a playoff side lacking the consistency and 'edge' to go for automatic promotion....... :dunno:

I accept that this is a tough league but we were third, at home against a side 4th from bottom, a regulation performance would have seen us get the 3 points.

We are what we appear to be, a playoff side lacking the consistency and 'edge' to go for automatic promotion....... :dunno:

This.

Don't understand why he took Knocky off so early. We're too predictable when he's not on the pitch

Because he was just as shit as most others.

I'm actually beginning to think he is overrated, the amount of stupid passes he makes, and the amount of times he gives needless balls away is ridiculous.

He offers tempo, tricks and the odd goal, but unlike when he first joined, he hasn't been showing enough of those three things over the past month.

Was right to take him off, was right to take Waggy off and was right to take Dyer off, all three were rubbish today.

1)To the ***** sitting around me, yes, Kasper made mistakes today, but how many times has he saved us in the past, and NO, Conrad Logan should not be No.1 so please shut the **** up.

2) To the ***** sitting around me, yes, we were poor for large parts of the game but that does not give you the right to verbally attack every player on the ball every second of the game, so please shut the **** up.

3)To the ***** sitting around me, you are not an expert in football and talked shit for 90mins, so please shut the **** up.

4) We were poor, and beaten to the first and second ball way to often, we need, imo, a tank of a centre mid and were laughing, anyway onwards and upwards.

I too thinlk Nugent was lucky to only get a booking, I thought he was going to have a go as soon as their player shoved him aggressively in the back, good job the ref thought about it and calmed the situation down instead of brandishing the red straight away.

I'm actually beginning to think he is overrated, the amount of stupid passes he makes, and the amount of times he gives needless balls away is ridiculous.

He offers tempo, tricks and the odd goal, but unlike when he first joined, he hasn't been showing enough of those three things over the past month.

Was right to take him off, was right to take Waggy off and was right to take Dyer off, all three were rubbish today.

He is overrated. Been saying it for a few weeks

I didn't go to the game today. I didn't even listen to the game today. But apparently we had 25 shots on goal, 17 of which were on target, compared to 5 (3) for Barnsley. Now that doesn't sound like a display where we sat back/failed to attack/couldn't be bothered/didn't create anything. It more gives the picture of a game where we bombarded their goal and nothing went in. If we created 25 chances every game, I think I'd be pretty happy.

But like I said, I didn't go.

Still sounds like a typical overreaction to criticise the team & Pearson.

Agree he wasn't having a great game but like u said who was??

At least when he's on the pitch there's a chance that his tricks will unlock something especially when teams sit with 10 men behind the ball

Thought the midfield was passed by today, Morgan was our best attacking midfielder at times. And thought King especially was overrun by stronger players.

Takes a good team to take a point when they arn't at their best though. Hard games to come though.

Oh no! Not the play offs!!! That would be a disaster wouldn't it!! Think of the embarrassment!

This is the thing, why be happy to take a play-off position when the automatics are sat there for the taking. Yes, play-offs would be a good improvement on recent seasons but let's take that as a consolation having gone for the automatics and having put that expectation on ourselves.

Very disappointing result. We came out, dominated, looked far the superior side, got the goal up and then... just stopped. A lacklustre period followed with sloppy passing, complacency and meandering, and Barnsley deserved their two goals for their high tempo pressing and commitment in that spell - everything that we weren't.

Knockaert got his goal but for the next twenty minutes (I'm assuming under instruction from Pearson) he drifted inside leaving De Laet completely isolated on the right-hand side to the point where it wasn't worth attacking down that flank. And all this when Knockaert wasn't even being effective in the middle. We looked far better (although it wasn't hard to) when Marshall came on and gave us a bit of balance. Knockaert needs to up his game for me, I wouldn't expect him to maintain the form he showed when he first broke through but recently he's been holding on to the ball for far too long and has been fairly inconsistent.

Second half was much improved but you could just see that nothing more than the equaliser was going to come. The atmosphere second half was similarly better, the first half has to be the worst that I've ever heard at that stadium. Awful.

Positives for me were Whitbread, thought he was our MOTM and that was probably his best game for us. Other than that the fact that we did get a point is a positive I suppose but it's all very well saying "at least Palace drew" or "at least we're still only x points from the automatics", these are the moments in which we need to capitalise on other team's slip-ups as we're not going to match or better their results every week. Opportunity missed ahead of some tough fixtures.

Table does not lie, we are a play off team and not automatic material unless we strengthen the team.

The first five to ten minutes today we were good and scored, then we struggled to break them down and conceded two easy goals for them and then we really laboured to get back the point.

The final five minutes was the really exciting part of the match.

It's no exaggeration to say we could have been 3-0 up within the first 10 minutes, it looked like we go on to a cricket score. After we scored it all went downhill, they closed us down and kept the ball better than us. Tbf their keeper had a decent game.

Both their goals were totally avoidable.

In summary, fair result.

Archived