Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

City's final position 2012/13

You can just imagine it. Win to finish second. Forest away 6000 or whatever travelling fans. 1-1 89 minutes played. Konchesky belter from 30 yards in the last minute. Pitch invasion :thumbup: . Premier league here we come! :fc:

Or we lose more away , drop points at home and finish seventh .

You can just imagine it. Win to finish second. Forest away 6000 or whatever travelling fans. 1-1 89 minutes played. Konchesky belter from 30 yards in the last minute. Pitch invasion :thumbup: . Premier league here we come! :fc:

4,700 allocation but a pitch invasion at Forest wow :D

You can just imagine it. Win to finish second. Forest away 6000 or whatever travelling fans. 1-1 89 minutes played. Wes Morgan belter from 30 yards in the last minute. Pitch invasion :thumbup: . Premier league here we come! :fc:

:frantics:

At the start of the season I predicted 4th and I see no reason to change that. Think we've got a good chance of top two though as I don't expect Crystal Palace or Boro to keep up their great starts to the season.

We're having our best season since the one in league 1. We're consistently picking up points and putting together 'mini runs' which is something we haven't done for the last two seasons.

The squad seems tight knit, balanced and confident. Wes Morgan is currently the best defender in the league. Drinkwater and King can run the show for us, with Dyer, Knocky and Marshall delivering some great wide play. Nugent, Waghorn and Vardy all looking good - just need another top striker.

I think we'll finished 2nd-4th myself. Can't see us winning the league - that'll go to Cardiff or Palace surely? 2nd looks very tight between us, Cardiff, Palace, Boro.

This is as good a chance of going up automatically as we are ever likely to get. For all the talk of their being 'no easy games' in this league the average quality of the teams we play is generally very poor and there are very few half decent let alone actually good sides out there. We have to be looking to finish in the play offs at the very minimum (and failure to do so will cost NFP his job). If we can get a decent points total from some difficult looking fixtures in the next month and then add solid EXPERIECED players up front and in midfield over January there is absolutely no reason why we cant pull clear of the dross that fils this division and go up automatically.

2nd or 3rd for me...depends who we get in in January. It'll be a close one!

This. I can see it going down to the last 2 games. I think we're a little bit short for finishing in 2nd at the moment. It wouldn't take much wheeling and dealing to make us good enough though.

BTW, if we're gonna do it at Forest it's a big Wes header in front of the trend end. He doesn't celebrate but just stands there and the rest of the players mob him. Pitch invasion our end.

4th.

Can't see past Cardiff for the title. I have a horrible feeling they'll be joined by Hull too, now that would be a nightmare top two, Jesus. Think we'll come above Palace personally, good side but will run out of steam, Middlesbrough... not sure, think they'll probably come above us too.

A win at Forest for automatic promotion. Who do I have to kill to get a ticket for this one?

Just thinking of this.

Would we be able to get the top tier? Assuming that Forest have nothign to play for?

Would they do that? We'd sell 8000 like we did for the F.A. cup in a day.

Play-offs I reckon. Can see us finishing 3rd but have no idea who the top 2 will be.

Ideally, we'll snatch a last minute winner at Forest to send us into the automatic spots, I can just imagine the absolute carnage that'd ensue. Not that unrealistic either.

EDIT: may be worth signing up for a Forest membership now just in case it does go down to the last day and tickets in our end are hard to come by.

A place in the play-off lottery would now represent an under-achievement. We should aspire to automatic promotion.

Major squad changes in Jan. -> Outside play-offs

1 or 2 carefully-selected additions & a bit more mental toughness -> 1st/2nd

Existing squad, no changes to personnel/attitude -> Play-offs

My prediction? Pearson & co have the judgment to get it right.....2nd!

We already have one of the best teams/squads, with a good squad spirit & squad depth, and have improved over the season already (Saturday's blip notwithstanding).. Only 1 or 2 adjustments away from automatic promotion...

1st: Cardiff

2nd: Leicester

3rd: Hull

4th: Forest

5th: Brighton

6th Leeds

Near-misses: Blackburn (lack of killer instinct), Ipswich (surprise late run under McCarthy), Watford (erratic brilliance)

Collapses: Palace (Freedman obviously thinks so or why did he leave for Bolton?) & Boro (good manager but lack quality/depth)

Nowheresville: Wolves, Bolton etc. (a few big names doesn't make a successful team)

Relegated: Posh, Barnsley & Birmingham or Burnley (esp. if they sell Austin)

19th - getting hammered by Florist as they get promoted on goal difference thanks to their 6-1 beating of us at the shitty ground...avoiding relegation only after Nige puts the boots on and scores the required 1 goal from a set piece. :ph34r:

just trying to redress the balance ;)

1st: Cardiff

2nd: Hull

3rd: Leicester

4th: CP

5th: Watford

6th Middlesbrough

I am picking Hull over us for 2nd place. They have had some big injuries and have no one up front yet still are 4th place. If they get people back or sign someone in January I think they will unfortunatly rise further up the table.

THIRD! I'd really love to say top two but realistically I think a 3rd placed finish and we'll go up via the play offs - like the teams finishing in 3rd have for the last two seasons of course - that, rather than it being thought of as the graveyard position to finish in like before Swansea and then West Ham got promoted in succesive seasons through finishing 3rd.

As other posters have said, I think a couple of teams like Wolves and Leeds will possibly put a good run together and rally strongly towards the end of the season too, to keep the play offs frame interesting. Hull and M'Boro are nothing special and are pretty inconsistent between them - with Hull being the slightly more consistent team perhaps. They also both have lesser squads than we do, especially if we import a couple of good signings in January. If we can maintain or home form (and also manage to eradicate Saturday's sort of blips v bottom three opposition too!) and with that start improving our away form, then I think we will cement 3rd place or better. I think the likes of Middlesboro and Hull will play musical chairs between them and the rest of the top eight with teams like Watford, Millwall, Florist etc - of who will most likely be in that vying for the play offs mix too, like we were last season.

While the current incumbents of the top two are also nothing spectacular and probably won't run away with the league like Newcastle did three seasons ago, you get the feeling that Cardiff are the percentage winning team who will probably be the favourites to still be in the top two come May. Palace are just experiencing a good phase right now IMO and are more liable to fade than the Taffs. I think it's us or Palace for automatic promotion inclusion with Cardiff but I don't want to jinx our season by saying we'll be runners up! Palace's final outcome will probably hinge more on one player, Zaha - and whether he goes or stays - even though Palace are playing collectively well for the time being still. They've got used to being successful and playing well with him in the side but we haven't seen how Palace are without him as yet - and money talks of course!

I think we will finish between 2nd-7th. IMO Cardiff will get 1st by a comfertable margin(like 8 points or so). Then it will be a war for the rest lol.

I think we will strengthen with a few but it will disrupt the balance and we will be inconsistant but have enough to stay around our position now, will just depends if in the last 5-6 games(we'll be in 5th) do we go on a winning run to knick 2nd? a bad run to agonisingly drop out the playoffs or finish with more moxed results to stay in the playoffs? My guess is 5th!

My guess is Hull will knick 2nd off Palace because they are a strong team with a manager who is capable of getting back in the Prem.

1st Cardiff

2nd Hull

3rd Palace

4th Boro

5th Leicester

6th Wolves

4 Nearest challengers: Leeds - Good late run like Wolves but wont quite be strong enough. Brighton, always be up around there but not quite make it. Blackburn, will always look like they could knick in but never sustain a genuine run. Forest will be close but no cigar.

Fall aways: Millwall - just on a good run currently, they are very average will finish Mid table. Watford will also drop to midtable.

Relegation - I think its clearly going to between the current bottom 4 IMO. Peterboro will finish bottom then its 2/3 Shef Wed will they pick up under Jones or a new manager pick them up? Bristol City will be always around there although they beat both Cardiff/Palace at home and Boro away so they clearly have some quality. Barnsley seem a poor team but they always manage to get out!

Ill go for Peterboro 24th Barnsley 23rd Sheff Wed 22nd...Bristol to edge out. Only other possible is Burnley, without Austin and a manager not that experienced could get sucked in. Birmingham will be just fine, Ipswich have pulled away and Charlton have got too many points I think.

Archived