Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

City's final position 2012/13

21 games in and City are doing pretty well.

One or two posters are suggesting that fans are 'overly expectant' of our promotion chances this season and even mooting that the players are becoming periodically 'complacent' on the pitch.

So I thought I'd start this thread to see, based upon where we are now and how we are playing, where people think we are gonna be by the end of the season?

It's not an accurate science I know, I'm just seeking opinion.

Give your reasons why, if you choose to.

I'm gonna start it off by sticking with my original prediction of 7th. This is for two reasons. Firstly, I don't think we've been consistently good enough away from home and secondly, I reckon one or two teams (eg. Wolves) will mount more of a challenge in the second half of the season.

As it stands - 5th or 6th.

If we add a couple of quality players in Jan then I think we're capable of 2nd.

I could be reading into something that isn't there but I read NP's comments in today's Merc as a hint that we need more firepower.

2nd.

Last minute winner at the City Ground in front of the travelling fans and AFC Wimbledon @ MK style celebrations ensue. An hour lock-in after the game with not one single solitary fvck given.

High hopes.

2nd- Palance won't keep their current pace, especially once Zaha is sold next month.

Also, Cardiff are really not that great and we haven't played them yet. We play them twice within 3 weeks, this gives us the opportunity to make up some ground on their points tally.

They are top of the league atm, cannot be that bad surely?

With the current squad, 3rd, 4th or 5th as I don't believe we're consistent enough to get into the top 2. However our home form is always fantastic under Nigel and this will carry us through. If we add the right players in January (a more physical CM to play alongside Drinkwater and perhaps another LB) then I believe we can get top 2.

21 games in and City are doing pretty well.

One or two posters are suggesting that fans are 'overly expectant' of our promotion chances this season and even mooting that the players are becoming periodically 'complacent' on the pitch.

So I thought I'd start this thread to see, based upon where we are now and how we are playing, where people think we are gonna be by the end of the season?

It's not an accurate science I know, I'm just seeking opinion.

Give your reasons why, if you choose to.

I'm gonna start it off by sticking with my original prediction of 7th. This is for two reasons. Firstly, I don't think we've been consistently good enough away from home and secondly, I reckon one or two teams (eg. Wolves) will mount more of a challenge in the second half of the season.

You are quite right our away points tally is the same as Ipswich I think the 3rd worst in the division . A point at Birmingham and Bolton was regarded as a reasonable performance but both are in the bottom 7

I am way too optimistic for my own good so I predict 1st or 2nd - by the new year Pearson will have sorted the inconsistency and these young lads will do us proud and go on a run till May.

However, that's the heart speaking, plenty of teams in it. This aint no walkover. If we fvck it up and finish outside the playoffs I'm not going to cry. I'm certainly not giving a shit anymore about all this talk of financial pressure of the owners, big spenders, weight of expectation. I'm more determined than ever to turn up week after week, support the lads and just enjoy it - even if there's only 20 of us singing :scarf:

Are there definitely 2 better teams than us in the division? If we play to our potential I don't think there are.

I haven't seen much of Cardiff but assume they're worthy of top spot. Palace are starting to slip a little, and I'm not sure they'll be up in the top 2 come May. After that, we've been to Boro and won, we've beaten Hull comfortably at home. We're next in the league table.

Below us are a massive amount of teams within about 6 points, but most look more than likely to be involved in a battle for the Play Offs than the top 2. So I can't see why we can't go straight up. It'll be tough, obviously, and there'll be one or two more disappointing results, but I think we might just do it.

Archived