Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingPowerLCFC1884

Milwall Away Post Match 1-0 Loss!

Hey Nigel, when will you learn that 442 away with Knockaert playing right wing doesn't work? why have you loaned out our only midfielder that likes a scrap? leaving us with Andy King Mk. II (with less goals) as a sub midfielder, why do we have to be losing before you bother changing our approach?

not that Stringer would have the balls to ask him a real question like any of those

We have missed the opportunity to establish our chance to stay at the top of this division, tactics; -not ruthless enough; -weak midfield; -inconsistent; we have only done well against soft sides, this is not good enough to maintain a consistent challenge for promotion. :(

I'm waiting to be let out now... Midfield not strong enough, as expected. In particular King, again, think it was his fault for the goal. Backed out of a challenge and they broke.

Shittu was good though which I can't believe I'm saying.

We should have scored when we were on top.

Poor. We shouldn't be so easily beaten by a side like Millwall.

We didn't/couldn't do anything to change the game.

That run of 6 wins out of 7 looked like it had put us right in the automatic promotion shake up, since then we've been inconsistent in bot performances and results.

We're not a top 2 side at the moment, need some improvements in January, and maybe a midfielder should be one of them.

I don't think 1-0 can be classed as an easy victory.

Both teams had to battle today and the fortune fell their way on the day. We're due another run of good luck sometime soon, surely. :fc:

Hey Nigel, when will you learn that 442 away with Knockaert playing right wing doesn't work? why have you loaned out our only midfielder that likes a scrap? leaving us with Andy King Mk. II (with less goals) as a sub midfielder, why do we have to be losing before you bother changing our approach?

not that Stringer would have the balls to ask him a real question like any of those

That's not fair, Knocky wasn't arrested for nothing.

Let's look at this logically.

I've heard it said we have one decent striker in Nugent, so he is carrying three others. Our midfield is too lightweight, we have a liability in Whitbread at centre-back. Konchesky is almost past it. What does James offer?

So, that's eight players in this squad who aren't good enough, or aren't good enough consistently. Yet we should expect top 2 with these players?

We need improvement in the squad, no doubt about it. But maybe, right now, we are roughly where we're at. Maybe our great run earlier this season wasn't the norm and we are a side that is inconsistent?

OH **** OFF.

Whilst it would be silly to sack Pearson now, or at any point during this season, do you see him still being here if we don't go up? Because I don't. I'd love to be wrong but we only have a small gap between ourselves and seventh with two very tough games coming up. If those results go the way the table suggests they might then we will see the rumours starting up again.

I must admit I'm warming to Col City Fan's insistence on the need for another central midfielder. I guess it's harsh since we haven't seen a lot of James, but a strong alternative to King and Drinkwater wouldn't go amiss. Still no need to panic, away at a Milwall side who were coming off the back of their first loss in 14 games, there was always going to be a reaction. It sounded like we got sucked into playing the way they wanted us to in the second-half which is a shame.

OH **** OFF.

:worship:

Archived