Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattGamble92

What will it take to see 32,000 fans at our ground again?

That would be brilliant! If we start off a campaign and put it to the club dyu think they may listen ?

I'm sure they will, they'll be fully supportive then just as it starts to get people interested and the numbers involved increasing they'll come in and eject them for annoying other fans because you're too noisy.

Well that's what they've done for the last two attempts.

I'm sure they will, they'll be fully supportive then just as it starts to get people interested and the numbers involved increasing they'll come in and eject them for annoying other fans because you're too noisy.

Well that's what they've done for the last two attempts.

They did that to the original fosse boys, they said there dress sense, and animal attraction to the ladies was a health and safety risk.

Something like this, or the last home game with us needing a result to secure something, or a big cup tie. Basically a game with some real consequence. I can't see us selling out in any run of the mill championship game unless we almost give tickets away. These games have become increasingly unattractive thanks to cost as pointed out but also because over the last decade it's pretty much the only type of game we've ever played and as such fans are getting bored with them.

I think he was making the point we didnt sell out for the play-off semi.

In this league I just don't think it's going to happen anymore. The problem is when you up the prices for the games that are more likely to sell out, especially when theyre on TV, you've got no chance.

The play-off semi was a strange one, I do remember they did something ridiculous like gave non-season ticket holders only about 3 days to buy tickets, but it was very odd, we got a higher attendance for the Middlesbrough game a couple of weeks before.

We have 'lost' fans since not only 10 years ago but also since about 2 years ago. It's probably a combination of ticket prices and a sustained period of no success and no top flight football. We may be doing a lot better this season but to many people that isnt enough, only being in the Premiership will bring them back.

I also take the point that people have become disillusioned for a number of reasons. Things just aren't the same anymore, and as I've said in a number of atmosphere threads, it's obvious that we've lost fans in the traditionally atmospheric area of the ground. That's bound to put more people off.

I said it earlier in the season, I don't think it's going to change over night just because we have a good ticket offer or are doing well for a few months. I've no doubt we'll sell out for a handful of games in the top flight, though. Having said that, prices will be increased again so it won't be a regular occurence.

I actually agree with Mark.

If we get back into the Premier League, attendances will go up regardless prices of tickets.

Look what happened when we played Man City in the FA Cup, 31,000 + was it, yes it's not 32,000 but that's the kind of gates we want to see.

We have probably beat that once or twice since then, but I only just got up and my memory ain't working yet.

The return of the very reasonably priced 'Fan's fixtures' that the club offered when we first moved to the new stadium. There seemed to be a lot more families in the stadium back then.

Having said that, for the size of club we are, our attendance is usually pretty respectable. I'm not sure we're really a 30,000-fans-every-week type of club.

I actually agree with Mark.

If we get back into the Premier League, attendances will go up regardless prices of tickets.

Look what happened when we played Man City in the FA Cup, 31,000 + was it, yes it's not 32,000 but that's the kind of gates we want to see.

We have probably beat that once or twice since then, but I only just got up and my memory ain't working yet.

That was actually a sell out. It was below 32,000 due to segregation etc.

That was actually a sell out. It was below 32,000 due to segregation etc.

About 31500 wasn't it?

The Real Madrid game was the highest attendance for a number of years because there wasn't an away end.

Not sure what it was at the game never appeared in the programme stats as it was a friendly, wasn't a Prem game against Newcastle the record holder for the league?

It's not just football though. It's not even just sport. Cinemas are empty up and down the country and music festivals (You could buy Leeds tickets from the official site the day before the festival last year) aren't selling out like they would in days only a few years back. I dunno why. People haven't got any money though, and if you combine that with things being more expensive it doesn't take a genius to work out attendances will drop.

Archived