Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
artursteppe

If the owners are fans they'll sack Pearson.

That's where we'll end up if Mr P doesn't stop being so stubborn and if he doesn't return to the attacking style he adopted at the start of the season.

Stubborn how? At what point did we hold back? We had 13 shots on target, 18 total and 65% possession. Those stats flatter us a bit, but we attacked all game. The problem was they were ineffectual attacks. As soon as the players started resorting to hoofball, as has happened in many games and many seasons past, the game was over. Question is, was that an order from the touchline, or a panicked group of players out of ideas? I can't be sure, and I don't think anyone else here can, either.

You at it again, same thread?

Owners arent fans - they're here to make money & having lived well beyond our means since they came here building up £60m mortgage in our name, they're finally showing some sense & playing the long game, bringing a manager in because of his specific skill set of being able to sign young players for less money & on lower wages & won't be hemorrhaging money to leaching agents.

Pretty sure that's up there in their minds along with getting under FFP with people like Konch on the books & Beckford & Danns under contract along with Wellens & Gally.

Finally have a manager who has progressed on the pitch to probably our best first half a season for a decade & is sorting it off the pitch too & still nobbers moan.

We're 4pts above Reading were last season at this stage so he's doing a lot right, just need to tweak in Jan & push on.

Anyone who wants to write this season off with a managerial change followed by another transitional season next year is a nobber.

I would play Knocky central though

RDL Morgan CB Schlupp

King Drinky

Marshall Knocky Dyer

Nugent

in a 4231 or actually off Nugent in a 4411

You need to stop clinging on to what Reading did last season. They are an exception. Most sides who win this league are consistently good throughout the season. It's also worth adding that Reading had gained points on the teams at the top by this point of the season. We are losing ground fast. All we have in common with Reading last season is that we have had an average first half of the season.

You at it again, same thread?

Owners arent fans - they're here to make money & having lived well beyond our means since they came here building up £60m mortgage in our name, they're finally showing some sense & playing the long game, bringing a manager in because of his specific skill set of being able to sign young players for less money & on lower wages & won't be hemorrhaging money to leaching agents.

Pretty sure that's up there in their minds along with getting under FFP with people like Konch on the books & Beckford & Danns under contract along with Wellens & Gally.

Finally have a manager who has progressed on the pitch to probably our best first half a season for a decade & is sorting it off the pitch too & still nobbers moan.

We're 4pts above Reading were last season at this stage so he's doing a lot right, just need to tweak in Jan & push on.

Anyone who wants to write this season off with a managerial change followed by another transitional season next year is a nobber.

I would play Knocky central though

RDL Morgan CB Schlupp

King Drinky

Marshall Knocky Dyer

Nugent

in a 4231 or actually off Nugent in a 4411

Agree with most of that but please stop mentioning Reading. Our players suffered a bit of a mental block, last season which prevented us from winning two games in a row until it was too late. While we have improved and got rid of some mentally weak players, we're still suffering the hangover from that. We will never emulate Reading's charge last season. Never.

You need to stop clinging on to what Reading did last season. They are an exception. Most sides who win this league are consistently good throughout the season. It's also worth adding that Reading had gained points on the teams at the top by this point of the season. We are losing ground fast. All we have in common with Reading last season is that we have had an average first half of the season.

Average?

lol. Mid-table is average, if you want to see average take a look at what happened after NP left.

5th is actually pretty good with room to improve of course. the fact people think what's probably our best half a season for a decade is average is bizarre, there's a real problem with our fans in that respect.

Anyway, kicking on, are we actually well placed to actually improve?

Yes, we're (in the main) playing great stuff, so a signing or two to solidify things and improve on this base we've built, will leave us every chance of finishing higher than we are now.

Average?

lol. Mid-table is average, if you want to see average take a look at what happened after NP left.

5th is actually pretty good with room to improve of course. the fact people think what's probably our best half a season for a decade is average is bizarre, there's a real problem with our fans in that respect.

Yes, we're (in the main) playing great stuff, so a signing or two to solidify things and improve on this base we've built, will leave us every chance of finishing higher than we are now.

Average is a generous description considering what we've spent. That it's arguably our best half season in a decade says more about the rubbish preceeding it than anything else. And our football is getting progressively worse. In recent weeks the ball has spent more time in the air than on the ground. Granted, there are spells of good stuff, but we don't maintain it and we don't capitalise on it. We can have all the possession in the world but it matters not if we do nothing with it.

Average is a generous description considering what we've spent. That it's arguably our best half season in a decade says more about the rubbish preceeding it than anything else. And our football is getting progressively worse. In recent weeks the ball has spent more time in the air than on the ground. Granted, there are spells of good stuff, but we don't maintain it and we don't capitalise on it. We can have all the possession in the world but it matters not if we do nothing with it.

So true.. :(

Stubborn how? At what point did we hold back? We had 13 shots on target, 18 total and 65% possession. Those stats flatter us a bit, but we attacked all game. The problem was they were ineffectual attacks. As soon as the players started resorting to hoofball, as has happened in many games and many seasons past, the game was over. Question is, was that an order from the touchline, or a panicked group of players out of ideas? I can't be sure, and I don't think anyone else here can, either.

Stubborn in that we've kept a losing side for one. Why no Schlupp (unless he's injured and I don't know about it)?? Why not a change to 3 in the middle (especially as that's what Cardiff played - we're conistantly over-run in midfield why play 2 against 3?).

On the braver side why not recall your battling midfielder sent out to get fit who's now fit???

On the even braver side .... why not recall your striker that's playing and scoring ..... and yet we'd all recognise we look blunt in our attacks???

Why not play option b on the bench and bring Futacs on earlier??

Whether the long ball is down to tactics or panic it's still the manager that can sort that out .... and in interviews when he's giving absolutely nothing away and bullying the interviewer to make himself feel big then he's not covincing me he knows how to deal with the problem.

Average?

You make us sound like the Barcelona of the Championship.. lol

Right now though, Real Madrid would be a more accurate description. Manager losing the plot and falling out with senior players.. yes, it's happening to Mourinho too..

• 3 weeks later...

He is never going to get it. Same team that lost 1-0 to Millwall, same weak midfield. Same midfield that could not tackle the skin off a rice pudding. ( I used that line when it was Dyer, Wellens, King and Gallagher in midfield ). The 'pussy' midfield, I called that one. How about 'girly midfield' now. Arsenal ladies midfield could kick lumps out of this lot.

Strangely, I am not blaming the players, I actually like Knocky and Drinky, King is OK going forward, Dyer can from time to time be useful.

The fault is totally down to Pearson who is tactically inept, and he will never change. He hasn't got a clue about what is wrong, he will persist and he will continue to be wrong and continue to prove his inadequacies.

He will be sacked, it is inevitable, it is only a matter of time.

We will not make top two with Pearson and if we get to the play-offs, promotion will still be a long shot, when most opposition managers have more idea than Pearson.

For those who have not read my posts all season, we should be lining up with a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Egg on your face lol

Archived