Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Futacs - terms of his purchase from Pompey

I was at a (Journalism) Awards Ceremony last night and speaking to a colleague from the Portsmouth Evening News. We talked about Marko Futacs and his sale to City. I was intrigued to learn that Pompey put in a number of financial 'add on' clauses in the contract - one of which, was that City would have to pay a, "significant sum" (he thought about £500k) when Futacs made his first FULL APPEARANCE for CIty - ie started a game.

I always thought it very strange that Futacs is/was never picked to start a match - this perhaps makes it clear. Presumably NP doesn't really rate him and doesn't want/need to pay a large sum for that opportunity.

My colleague has also heard that City are now contacting League clubs, to say they would consider his Loan/Sale in the January window. Not a surprise I guess?!

The fact is Pearson got his tactics wrong against Cardiff as he should have brought Futacs on as we were crying out for some height up front and he could well have gotten an equaliser or even a winner for us given the amount of possession we had.

Anyone "could have" nobody can know what" would have" so it's a pointless argument.

I thought he was still contracted by Pompey, but because of their financial situation we agreed to pay a nom. fee, to take him off their books, which would mean their could be that clause.

He was out of contract I think, but as he's under the age of 24 we probably still had to pay some form of compensation. Still highly unlikely there are any clauses with Pompey.

Edit: Just had a look on wiki and it says he was only on a one year contract at Pompey. He had the option to extend but chose not to.

I thought he was still contracted by Pompey, but because of their financial situation we agreed to pay a nom. fee, to take him off their books, which would mean their could be that clause.

That's what I thought was the case too. He was 'free to go' as it were because of a clause in his contract but it didn't make him a free agent as he was still under contract?*

*Just seen Shiv's post. Fee can't be that much can it? No more than £250k surely? NP must think he's absolutely gash if he's not prepared to pay that!

Archived