Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pearson on Schlupp

I rate Jeff, I think he should be 3rd choice after wood and nugent

Waghorn 4th

Futacs 5th

Get rid of vardy

League 1 is his level, not good enough for championship IMO

If Jeff gets move to Man U, well done

What money will we get for him?

Based on what exactly? He's done nothing to prove that he's any better than any of the strikers in this side. He had plenty of chances last season to show his credentials as a striker and I think he's bagged about two Championship goals in his whole career, with a few in the cup as well. Vardy and Waghorn are probably equal behind Wood and Nugent, and rightly so.

Based on what exactly? He's done nothing to prove that he's any better than any of the strikers in this side. He had plenty of chances last season to show his credentials as a striker and I think he's bagged about two Championship goals in his whole career, with a few in the cup as well. Vardy and Waghorn are probably equal behind Wood and Nugent, and rightly so.

In what way has he had plenty of chances? Did he even start a game last season?

Just odd to me, he 20-21 (not that young ) and can't get in our 1st team, but SAF thinks he could be Man U player

No, a scout at Man U thinks he has potential. As i'm sure people at Leicester do. He's not going to go there and play, he'd go there and get instantly loaned to someone who can afford to give him game time. Something we cannot currently do.

It would take some excellent performances to get anywhere near playing for United. Drinkwater, Brady, Chester, James etc all did well on loan and just got flogged on by united. The same I would guess would happen to Jeff, as I couldn't see him performing at the levels Cleverly did, which is what's needed to get into the united main Squad.

He made 26 appearance last season, albeit most from the bench, and made little to no impact at all. He certainly did nothing to suggest he should be third choice this season.

I agree he shouldn't be third choice as he still hasn't proved himself at this level. Don't think it's fair to say he's had enough chances though. He needs to be starting games regularly, not coming on for 20 mins every other game.

We should have let him go on loan to Charlton last season, he probably would have started for them which would have been great Championship experience.

As I've mentioned before, I'd also like to see him tried out on the left wing. The kid has pace to burn.

Yeah, knew Nige would say something like that. Agree with him, speaking sense as usual.

Our relationship with United is key. We've had players like Keane and Cleverly off of them, so there is no point in trying to obstruct this in my opinion. A chance to train with one of the World's biggest clubs, with world-class players. Decent. If they go for him, good luck. If they don't, I'll welcome him back. I like Schlupp.

Just odd to me, he 20-21 (not that young ) and can't get in our 1st team, but SAF thinks he could be Man U player

At the moment, it's would be tough for any younger player to get into the first team, but I still think he offers something from the bench. Alex Ferguson probably looking at him from a first team point of view though. How many young players sign for Manchester United and generally play in the cup and in Europe? Powell is a good example of that.

I rate Jeff, I think he should be 3rd choice after wood and nugent

Waghorn 4th

Futacs 5th

Get rid of vardy

League 1 is his level, not good enough for championship IMO

If Jeff gets move to Man U, well done

What money will we get for him?

Bizarre, misty eyed nonsense

Schlupp has looked great at LB, however he's played plenty up front and I've not seen much to suggest he's going to make it there.

It's clear Wood & Nugent are the primary strikeforce, with Vardy & Waggy as capable, but obviously not as good subs/stand-ins.

I don't see where Schlupp fits in up front, regardless whether he's going to be a ST/LB/LW he needs game time to improve

Get rid of Vardy?

I don't see that at all, maybe a loan to a non-rival Championship side, Ipswich/Sheff Wed or the like.

His all round play has been great in most games, he's linked up well with Nugent, the widemen & the midfield and in the majority of his games the team has played better when he's been in it, his goal touch hasn't been with him though in a début season that's been rocked by illness & injury. I'm not gonna suggest he's a first teamer at the level we have to perform at if we're gonna challenge the automatics, but I think the's got far, far more about him than Waghorn.

Don't understand some people's love-in for Futacs either, he was worth signing for the price for a different option, but we don't play to that option and other than bulking the squad out, he could be let go, with no negative impact whatsoever.

I agree he shouldn't be third choice as he still hasn't proved himself at this level. Don't think it's fair to say he's had enough chances though. He needs to be starting games regularly, not coming on for 20 mins every other game.

We should have let him go on loan to Charlton last season, he probably would have started for them which would have been great Championship experience.

As I've mentioned before, I'd also like to see him tried out on the left wing. The kid has pace to burn.

True, but we don't have that luxury at the minute. We couldn't really afford to loan him out due to a lack of cover at LB, where I'll admit he's done an admirable job, and we can't really afford to persevere with starting him upfront every game if he's not scoring goals, especially now that it would have to mean the exlcusion of Nugent or Wood. Perhaps he should have been given a shot up front earlier in the season, but Pearson preferred Waghorn, Vardy, Nugent, Futacs and even Beckford ahead of him, rightly or wrongly. Pearson might have his flaws as a manager, but he is a very shrewd judge of potential and if he thinks Schlupp isn't ready to play regularly for us up front yet, that's good enough for me.

Bizarre, misty eyed nonsense

Schlupp has looked great at LB, however he's played plenty up front and I've not seen much to suggest he's going to make it there.

It's clear Wood & Nugent are the primary strikeforce, with Vardy & Waggy as capable, but obviously not as good subs/stand-ins.

I don't see where Schlupp fits in up front, regardless whether he's going to be a ST/LB/LW he needs game time to improve

Get rid of Vardy?

I don't see that at all, maybe a loan to a non-rival Championship side, Ipswich/Sheff Wed or the like.

His all round play has been great in most games, he's linked up well with Nugent, the widemen & the midfield and in the majority of his games the team has played better when he's been in it, his goal touch hasn't been with him though in a début season that's been rocked by illness & injury. I'm not gonna suggest he's a first teamer at the level we have to perform at if we're gonna challenge the automatics, but I think the's got far, far more about him than Waghorn.

Don't understand some people's love-in for Futacs either, he was worth signing for the price for a different option, but we don't play to that option and other than bulking the squad out, he could be let go, with no negative impact whatsoever.

I wouldn't be so dismissive of others when you're also stating an opinion that plenty will disagree with just as you'll disagree with my opinion.

Its completely unfair to judge Jeff based on last season. There was a horrible atmosphere and he was coming into a scenario that was always going to make it difficult to perform. I've said it before but I really think he has all the attributes to be a top striker; Pace, power, good touch, good at holding the ball up and linking the play, can beat a man and he can finish. From what I have seen of him, the one thing he currently lacks in the selfishness which means that he doesn't get into enough goalscoring positions but he can improve that if he gets game time up top.

When he has played as a forward this season, he hasn't really made much of an impact but he hasn't really been given a fair crack at it. Certainly should be ahead of Vardy who has had far more chances than Jeff and hasn't done anything to make me think he offers more than Schlupp and now with Wood coming in, Futacs' uses will be limited as Wood provides a similar option and is in a rich vein of form.

In my opinion Schlupp should certainly be 4th choice or given a go on the wing maybe as he has the potential to reach dizzy heights but its unlikely he ever will. Anyway, NP has rarely let us down in the past so we'll trust him but it would be a shame to see Schlupp's talent wasted or to see him leave.

True, but we don't have that luxury at the minute. We couldn't really afford to loan him out due to a lack of cover at LB, where I'll admit he's done an admirable job, and we can't really afford to persevere with starting him upfront every game if he's not scoring goals, especially now that it would have to mean the exlcusion of Nugent or Wood. Perhaps he should have been given a shot up front earlier in the season, but Pearson preferred Waghorn, Vardy, Nugent, Futacs and even Beckford ahead of him, rightly or wrongly. Pearson might have his flaws as a manager, but he is a very shrewd judge of potential and if he thinks Schlupp isn't ready to play regularly for us up front yet, that's good enough for me.

I guess the best option would be to get adequate cover at LB. Konchesky hasn't impressed me much this season and at least that would free up Jeff to go out on loan.

Archived