Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

16 hours ago, Izzy said:

FFS Koepka already 3 under after 5. Might as well give him the bloody trophy now :rolleyes:

Was so tempted to stick a decent wedge on him at 9/1, but thought, nah won't happen again.

Cba to stay up and watch the final round, just too late. 

Hope to wake up tomorrow and see Rosey has won it but got a sneaky feeling Woodland might hang on.

• Like 1

Pleased for Woodland, a deserved champion. He's always been a bomber but Pete Cowan has sorted out his short game and that's now a lethal combination.

3/3 Majors for the US so far this year but fancy a European to win at Portrush next month especially if the wind blows.

Putting this out to you people more in the know than me.

Ive been putting £5 on Matt Kuchar to win a major for at least ten years now and I'm starting to think it may not be money best well spent lol I think even if he does scoop one now ill still be well down on my investment.

So having not seen as much golf as I used to over the last couple of years, is it still worth a punt or should I finally move on?

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Ive been putting £5 on Matt Kuchar to win a major for at least ten years now and I'm starting to think it may not be money best well spent lol I think even if he does scoop one now ill still be well down on my investment.

So having not seen as much golf as I used to over the last couple of years, is it still worth a punt or should I finally move on?

To be fair, he's the ultimate top 10 machine so you'll be getting each way money. He should've won the Open when Spieth somehow found some magic (and the driving range that wasn't out of bounds for some unknown reason). 

Although each way on golf is absolutely shite, paying 10 places on a field of 140 at 1/5th and as an example, the horses you'd get 4 places in a 16 horse races which is a far more significant proportion of the field. 

I get why they don't do it because you can have a number of players tied, still sucks mind. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I would go with him one more time at least for The Open. He's had his 2 best finishes there in the last 2 years.

Currently around 40-1.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

You know when you see a 380 yard par 4 on the pros, how does that differ from a “normal” course? Is it green size or slope? Has anyone here played something like Belfry or St Andrews?

These 'short' par 4's for the pro's are usually designed to temp them to try and drive it and have an eagle opportunity. If the hole is on a 'normal' course, they usually just put the tees well back for the top guys.

Yes, the green's are usually smaller and slope but mainly they're heavily bunkered or surrounded by hazards (like a stream all the way around the 10th at the Belfry)

Sometimes they're also dog-legged so you have to carry high trees across the corner to the green or just lay up with a short iron. 

It's all about risk/reward and there's nothing more enjoyable as a fan than watch a pro try and drive a par four, fvck it up royally, and walk of with a six :D

On 07/07/2019 at 04:05, Bobby Hundreds said:

You know when you see a 380 yard par 4 on the pros, how does that differ from a “normal” course? Is it green size or slope? Has anyone here played something like Belfry or St Andrews?

As above. There's a difference to where they tee off from. There's ladies tees which make the hole the shortest. Then regular tests then competition tees for the better players. 

Haven't been this excited about an Open for years. Portrush will be amazing and soon a regular on the rota I reckon. Over 200,000 crowds expected and it will be buzzing.

No idea who to put my money on this time. I'd usually wait for @Ric Flair to post his predictions but I know he's retired now :D

Just hope the wind blows a bit and it's a proper test. I'll be glued for 12 hours a day Thursday to Sunday.

Can't fookin wait.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Haven't been this excited about an Open for years. Portrush will be amazing and soon a regular on the rota I reckon. Over 200,000 crowds expected and it will be buzzing.

No idea who to put my money on this time. I'd usually wait for @Ric Flair to post his predictions but I know he's retired now :D

Just hope the wind blows a bit and it's a proper test. I'll be glued for 12 hours a day Thursday to Sunday.

Can't fookin wait.

Should be amazing, it's hard to have any confidence on who will do well around this track given it's not previously been used on the rota in the modern era. Visually this will be iconic as it is a stunning course and deserves to host many Opens in years to come.

Justin Thomas is due a good crack at another major.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Should be amazing, it's hard to have any confidence on who will do well around this track given it's not previously been used on the rota in the modern era. Visually this will be iconic as it is a stunning course and deserves to host many Opens in years to come.

Justin Thomas is due a good crack at another major.

Ric, I used to look for your posts to get an in-detail jump on who should contend in the week's major.  This is even better.

You’re still enthused and informed …. just not obsessed.  That reeks of such healthy change, I’m getting a vicarious mood lift.  Good on ya!

• Like 1