Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Majors that turn into a procession are boring as fvck really. Shame it's not closer but that aint Koepka's fault.

Definitely helps that he's a gym monkey and can power it out of that rough though...

21 hours ago, Izzy said:

Majors that turn into a procession are boring as fvck really. Shame it's not closer but that aint Koepka's fault.

Definitely helps that he's a gym monkey and can power it out of that rough though...

Absolutely, but the way he separated himself in the first two rounds was sheer class. 

As a spectacle it is terrible viewing, but credit Koepka, he is a phenomenal major player. 

On 14/05/2019 at 19:02, Izzy said:

Fancy DJ for this.

A Big Bombers course and he’s also got the power to get it out of the rough.

If his short game is on he’ll be hard to beat I reckon.

Well, well, well. The lead now down to one and I’m so knackered I need to go bed. 

If I wake up tomorrow and find out DJ won I’m gonna mighty pissed off I didn’t put a bet on him!

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Well, well, well. The lead now down to one and I’m so knackered I need to go bed. 

If I wake up tomorrow and find out DJ won I’m gonna mighty pissed off I didn’t put a bet on him!

Just tuned in now. Was surprised when I saw the leaderboard. Scores are high today.

I'm decent with my irons on the fairways and ok with my putting overall, but what frustrates me the most is with the drivers - the first shot.

Usally hit the ball well when driving, but the ball regularly goes to the right and not straight down the middle..

Have tried to change my grip and swing to try and change the trend, but the 'problem' still exists.

-

Hence am thinking of having a lesson or two with a professional to try and solve it.

Am starting to grow into the game more now, considering it's the Summer season moreorless and now the football is off for a bit now.

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I'm decent with my irons on the fairways and ok with my putting overall, but what frustrates me the most is with the drivers - the first shot.

Usally hit the ball well when driving, but the ball regularly goes to the right and not straight down the middle..

Have tried to change my grip and swing to try and change the trend, but the 'problem' still exists.

-

Hence am thinking of having a lesson or two with a professional to try and solve it.

Am starting to grow into the game more now, considering it's the Summer season moreorless and now the football is off for a bit now.

Yeah I'd definitely invest in a few lessons mate.

Golf is so much easier and enjoyable if we can get it off the tee on a regular basis. My ex golf partner played off 8 handicap and had an immaculate short game but he just couldn't drive it straight. It was so frustrating to see him get in trouble off the tee all the time and it was constant battle for him. He tried buying about 5 different new drivers thinking that would 'fix' the problem but his swing was the issue.

If you're hitting it right it could be a number of things (ball position, swing path, open club face, wrong shaft etc.) so I'd ask a pro to sort you out. 

Especially if you're going to play more regularly it can make all the difference and give you loads of confidence if you smash it down the middle on a consistent basis.

Best of luck :thumbup:  

• Thanks 1

I played a lot when I was younger and had lessons giving me a reasonably decent looking swing.

However nowadays I often slice it off the tee. Having video'd my swing and viewed slowed down, it becomes obvious to see that the swing path is out to in, led by the hands on the downswing. I don't really have the techinal ability to sort it myself and don't play regularly any way, so it's just left as it is! 

Edited by The Bear

Guest SO1

I love golf. Picked up the game at 50 and I play as much as I possibly can. If I start playing golf swing then the game turns into an absolute mind****.

My rule is golf on the golf course and practice on the range. If your hitting a thirty yard fade go with it.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Been absolutely ripping it up the range of late, played on Friday and was heinous. Probably the worst I've hit it in years, barely a single shot felt like it came off the club face let alone out the middle. Horrible.

I hadn't picked up a club since November and played a new course last week with some old golfing mates. Carnage.

Every part of my game was total rat shit - especially my chipping and putting.

I've gone from a 7 handicapper to a 28 handicapper in 6 months. Amazing how you lose it without regular practice and play.

Rory loving it today. What a masterclass 

17th Par 5, 540 yards. Drive, 7 iron to 2 feet, kick in eagle, taking the piss.

Birdie on 18 for a 59!

Absolutely no idea who to put a few quid on for the US Open, so many great players all capable of winning.

If Rory continues his recent form he'll be hard to beat, but I also like the way Speith is putting again so he could be a factor.  

Who knows, just as long as it's not a procession for someone and it goes to the wire. I love Pebble Beach and just hope the USPGA haven't fvcked around with the course too much this time. Not keen on West Coast US Open's though as it's always a bloody late finish :yawn:

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Absolutely no idea who to put a few quid on for the US Open, so many great players all capable of winning.

If Rory continues his recent form he'll be hard to beat, but I also like the way Speith is putting again so he could be a factor.  

Who knows, just as long as it's not a procession for someone and it goes to the wire. I love Pebble Beach and just hope the USPGA haven't fvcked around with the course too much this time. Not keen on West Coast US Open's though as it's always a bloody late finish :yawn:

I fancied Cantlay but baulked at placing the bet when his odds were 18/1. Had £2 on Snedeker being FRL as heard the commentators saying he's a great putter on Poa annua grass last week lol