Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Tiger now goes on to win the next two majors at Bethpage and Pebble where’s he’s won majors before.

#horsesforcourses

Yeah steal my line Butch why don’t ya :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

still can’t believe tiger woods just won the masters after the last 10 years. probably even bigger than us winning the league. 

Have a word with yourself!

Congrats to tiger though. Big win, great comeback story

Edited by Jattdogg

Well well well what an unbelievable finish to yesterday, one of the best majors for a long time. 

Seeing Tiger win like that once again made all of my childhood memories of him come flooding back, no matter how much disappointment came with his antics, they were nearly all forgotten by the golf world yesterday. Let's be honest as well, it's arguably been coming- he was leading The Open at one point last year, he was in contention at the USPGA and won the Tour Championship. The signs were there. 

I'll be the first to admit, I thought he was done, I said he wouldn't win another major. He said himself that he couldn't walk/lie down/swing the club at one point for Christ sake. From there to do what he did yesterday is unbelievable. The scale of that only really the man himself can comprehend. 

I thought the game had gone past him, the likes of DJ, Koepka, Rose, McIlroy, Thomas, Day etc. were all too good, too powerful and he wouldn't be able to catch them. How wrong I was. It was vintage Tiger yesterday, biding his time, taking his chances and winning from being in contention. He does it better than anyone, when he gets a chance, he grabs it and doesn't let go. 

The game has its true superstar back, say what you like about his previous, this is another leg up again for golf. Golf has been handed a second chance to kick on again, to inspire another generation of kids to emulate Tiger. It needs to grab it like only Tiger can. 

Congrats to the GOAT.

Tiger slam anyone?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Well well well what an unbelievable finish to yesterday, one of the best majors for a long time. 

Seeing Tiger win like that once again made all of my childhood memories of him come flooding back, no matter how much disappointment came with his antics, they were nearly all forgotten by the golf world yesterday. Let's be honest as well, it's arguably been coming- he was leading The Open at one point last year, he was in contention at the USPGA and won the Tour Championship. The signs were there. 

I'll be the first to admit, I thought he was done, I said he wouldn't win another major. He said himself that he couldn't walk/lie down/swing the club at one point for Christ sake. From there to do what he did yesterday is unbelievable. The scale of that only really the man himself can comprehend. 

I thought the game had gone past him, the likes of DJ, Koepka, Rose, McIlroy, Thomas, Day etc. were all too good, too powerful and he wouldn't be able to catch them. How wrong I was. It was vintage Tiger yesterday, biding his time, taking his chances and winning from being in contention. He does it better than anyone, when he gets a chance, he grabs it and doesn't let go. 

The game has its true superstar back, say what you like about his previous, this is another leg up again for golf. Golf has been handed a second chance to kick on again, to inspire another generation of kids to emulate Tiger. It needs to grab it like only Tiger can. 

Congrats to the GOAT.

Tiger slam anyone?

Great post, I would love a Tiger slam.

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Great post, I would love a Tiger slam.

Don't rule it out. He loves Pebble Beach and Bethpage and his game is always dangerous around links courses like Portrush. He could do it and I hope he does, absolutely scandalous how much he was wrote off, yes it was a huge fall from grace and he was in all sorts of problems but there's never been a sportsmen with a stronger mentality than Woods, he almost isn't human.

It was spell binding yesterday, I was in floods of tears. History maker.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't rule it out. He loves Pebble Beach and Bethpage and his game is always dangerous around links courses like Portrush. He could do it and I hope he does, absolutely scandalous how much he was wrote off, yes it was a huge fall from grace and he was in all sorts of problems but there's never been a sportsmen with a stronger mentality than Woods, he almost isn't human.

It was spell binding yesterday, I was in floods of tears. History maker.

It was truly sensational but you’re right, it could happen. Even if the courses were not suited to his game, after so long in the wilderness you’d be daft to doubt him. 

I remember how players would just melt in battles with tiger in the back nine because he was so robotic and would just keep on par or birdies. I really hope he is back for good.

How's everyone's games coming along?

Anyone picking the game up again after a break/for the first time? Still just looking to get cut to a particular number again? 

For me I've been having lessons since last July, once a month, it got so bad during last year's club champs I couldn't take any more. I wasn't anywhere close to my best game and just getting more frustrated with it. 

Worked hard during the winter months (compared to my usual self anyway) and starting slowly to see the benefits. I played in the first medal comp and shot +6, 1 over my handicap with a bad finish (bogey, par, double) and the weekend just gone was an am-am and I shot level par (typical non-qualifier when my good stuff shows up). 

Hoping for a good season, get back down to 4 for sure, 3 would be really nice. 

Anyone else got any hopes for the season?