Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Big chance of wembley?

I hate how the semi final is at Wembley, okay its a better chance of visiting but the day out should be a cup final. You win and bring home the cup. Not win and having to go back for the 2nd time. Expensive stuff

Totally agree.

Wembley should be special, I don't like it being used for semi-finals.

I do agree tho with the OP. We DO have a half decent chance of making the quarters. I make us favourites for the replay and I bet the bookies will make us favourites V Wigan. If we can negotiate them two games then we only need a bit of luck in the draw to have a decent chance of the semis.

If we were to beat huddersfield and then Wigan, there's a chance of a draw against mk dons/barnsley or Luton/Millwall. semi final at wembley!

I like your optimism, but surely it's like saying if we win our remaining games we've got a chance of promotion... If we were to beat Huddersfield then Wigan will be a tough game.

I like your optimism, but surely it's like saying if we win our remaining games we've got a chance of promotion... If we were to beat Huddersfield then Wigan will be a tough game.

Very interesting though, would like to see how we do at home against a team like Wigan.

Our proper team that is not the Vardy and Waghorn show.

Or playoff finals or Horse jumping or music gigs or internationals, just open it once a year for a F.A cup final that's what I say.

:D

I'm not so naive that I only think it can be opened a handful of times a year, it cost a fortune to build and it has to be repaid some how, but would it really be too much of a loss for the FA to move TWO matches a season to other grounds?

It's not like we have a shortage of stadia with appropriate capacity; Old Trafford, the Emirates, the Millennium Stadium, St. James' Park and even the Olympic Stadium would all be more than adequate venues.

I hate how the semi final is at Wembley, okay its a better chance of visiting but the day out should be a cup final. You win and bring home the cup. Not win and having to go back for the 2nd time. Expensive stuff

I agree but you wouldn't turn the opportunity down!! I've never been to wembley and will go for the first time for ONLY LCFC not england!!!

So even though it might not be as special but I will still go to Wembley the first time for LCFC

Perhaps I'm a grumpy old sod,but I want us to lose ,we have had some nice cup runs ove the last few years and I know it's good for team spirit,but I want us to concentrate on the league as we are in a strong position .No games in hand ,no replays and no fixture block up.Think it gives the advantage to our rivals for promotion.

There I said it.

Perhaps I'm a grumpy old sod,but I want us to lose ,we have had some nice cup runs ove the last few years and I know it's good for team spirit,but I want us to concentrate on the league as we are in a strong position .No games in hand ,no replays and no fixture block up.Think it gives the advantage to our rivals for promotion.

There I said it.

That's exactly what Pearson thinks but he can't say it. :D

There I said it.

There is no justification for wanting us to lose any game, otherwise what's the point of entering the cups!

Archived