Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AnotherShitSeason

What exactly is up with Chris Wood then?

What's with all the secrecy? To keep the next opposition guessing? That's all I can think of?

If they don't know how long he'll be out, why not just be honest and say that?

I'm sure Nigel has his reasons. I guess we just have to get used to the fact he likes to keep everything close to his chest.

I think its just the case that if its bad and we want to get a loanee in, we dont want to be held to ransom. Loan fees can be expensive and if people know we're desperate, they'll rise.

I think getting in loan signings is no big deal, I think it's our back up and depth which is the main reason we may need a loan signing or two.

Cardiff had Lappin on loan, and have just brought in Campbell on a permanent transfer.

Watford are full of loan players

Hull have 3-4 loan players, including Stockdale and El Mo

Crystal Palace have five loan signings

Middlesbrough have a couple

We only have Keane on loan, 1 or 2 more wouldn't be no harm. We will get injuries, and with the back up not being good enough in some positions, and us having to rely on Waghorn and Vardy it's more than likely they will struggle in games, fans are fed up with the likes of Waghorn and Vardy starting and playing shit, it's not what we want to see.

Or maybe there's a possibility he'll be playing with a slight knock so he doesn't want other teams knowing about it, defenders could target it, just a thought.

Good point as well. Listening to the interview, Pearson says "he's not going to be out for too long", so hopefully that turns out to be the case.

I think getting in loan signings is no big deal, I think it's our back up and depth which is the main reason we may need a loan signing or two.

Cardiff had Lappin on loan, and have just brought in Campbell on a permanent transfer.

We only have Keane on loan, 1 or 2 more wouldn't be no harm. We will get injuries, and with the back up not being good enough in some positions, and us having to rely on Waghorn and Vardy it's more than likely they will struggle in games, fans are fed up with the likes of Waghorn and Vardy starting and playing shit, it's not what we want to see.

Not sure if I know how you're addressing what i'm saying to be honest. Personally speaking, I dont care who other teams have in their squads. If The injury to Wood is serious, Pearson is quite right at this stage not to let it be known so negotiations for a loan replacement dont get ridiculous. Thats all i'm saying.

With regards to the general size if our squad, yes, it is small so naturally divoid of quality in depth, but having a strong 18 has got us where we are. I've no idea if we had as strong a 28, we'd be in the same position but previous seasons would suggest not.

Elmohamady is permanent.

1) He might not know exactly at this stage

2) He might not want to give Huddersfield extra notice.

3) Wood might have shagged someone's missus & the knee knock is a cover story for blood on the floor

4) He got a knock on the knee in training & he could be out for the season & he doesn't want his pants pulling down if he needs to get a loan deal in.

He's usually up front about injuries so must have a reason. Perhaps it's when the world's most useless commentator asks questions you've already answered!

What's with all the secrecy? To keep the next opposition guessing? That's all I can think of?

If they don't know how long he'll be out, why not just be honest and say that?

I'm sure Nigel has his reasons. I guess we just have to get used to the fact he likes to keep everything close to his chest.

Well, that worked well for us today!

Perhaps NP Doesn't want us known as a one man team so after a defeat doesn't want all the attention on Wood?

The very idea is highly disrespectful to Nuge, Kasper, Wes, Ritchie, Tony, Drinky, James, Konch, Ben and Dyer who have all had key impacts at various stages of the season, some more than others.

The very idea is highly disrespectful to Nuge, Kasper, Wes, Ritchie, Tony, Drinky, James, Konch, Ben and Dyer who have all had key impacts at various stages of the season, some more than others.

That's my point, so after one loss the last thing he wants to hear is questions about how long Wood is out for.

Archived