Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phillo

what a load of

Good enough for a mid table championship side, certainly not Prem standard. If you have a sqad/team who are 2/3 in the championship with Prem pretentions you should expect to win most of of your games , not lose to the bottom team, not turn up tonight, scape through against others I was looking for positives 4-5 weeks ago and there was a glimmer of hope, but its gone now

Have a word with yourself. Your melodramatic to say the least , everything that's wrong with some of our fans. Cardif lost to P'boroband are out the cup. We're playing good football in general. So please keep your -ve to yourself.

Yeah I do agree a little. People booing after a one goal defeat must annoy players no end.

Reminds me a little of the Millwall incident last season but not quite as bad.

Ye and we are supposed to be there to lift them up from bad performances like this. People have a right to be angry - they've paid to watch that shite. But, I'd never boo a player or my team, I only see it as counter productive and it gets very few people going to be put down in such a way

@konch3 Good to see all the LCFC fans being so supportive after a defeat! Instead of getting behind us

+ Knockert retweeting a load of people saying how brilliant he is, our players really are making things worse for themselves. If you lose a game, stay off twitter. Pearson will be having words. :/

Getting behind us lol

He was at fault for the second goal, because he was incredibly weak, how can we support something like that, he cost us that goal, and as it stayed at 2-1 basically cost us the match.

Knockaert is getting too big for his boots, the lad needs to calm himself down, one of the best signings for years, but tonight he should just accept the fact that he was terrible, and it was probably his worst game for us, move on, keep on working, and hopefully put in a better performance against Charlton.

Why is everyone giving Nige stick about a weakened team?

Huddersfields side was much more weaker than ours, 3 kids and Alan Fookin Lee.

By all accounts we were not that bad at peterborough, if we took our chanced we couldv'e been up 3 or 4 nil before that United loanee hit a worldy.

However, tonight it was the regulars who let NP down, more than the players who were supposedly weakening it.

Never before have i seen a striker lose the ball as many times as nugent, he lost the ball 8 times in the first half based on his touch/ lack of speed.

Konch ran past the ball for their winner, De laet was skinned time and time again and looks naked (why didn't moore play FFS!), and knocky missed some great chances to put our forwards in.

From what I saw, wellens and gallagher were two of our more accomplished players, who both gave the ball away less than anyone else, and gally looked our only chance of a goal with his longshots. And this is from a guy who has hated the two of them recently.

Getting behind us lol

He was at fault for the second goal, because he was incredibly weak, how can we support something like that, he cost us that goal, and as it stayed at 2-1 basically cost us the match.

Mistakes happen. It wasn't good from him but if he gets people raging to him about it instead of tolerating it then that isn't going to help him.

@konch3 Think u LCFC fans need to chill! All right to have a opinion jus saying get behind the team and help get us promoted.

He is right, some people need to calm down but unfortunately twitter isn't the place to say it.

With all due respect to Konch, 'getting behind the team' tonight would have no impact on promotion.

Mistakes happen. It wasn't good from him but if he gets people raging to him about it instead of tolerating it then that isn't going to help him.

I wouldn't dream of tweeting him and having a go at him.

But his mistake tonight was awful, simply out muscled, and should be doing better.

He was consistent last season, this season he has put in some bad performances, and made a couple of bad mistakes which have cost us games, I'm sorry to say :(

Yep, fans are slating him for his mistake. People don't do a good job of concealing their emotions on twitter, tend to come out with a lot of sh*te as I'm sure you can imagine.

You've sold twitter to me!!!!! I might finally get an account!!!!

Konchesky didn't even play that badly tbh one mistake he made which led to the goal even Wes made a mistake which ultimately cost us a goal it happens on the whole they have been defensively solid for us so some fans berating them for the odd poor performance is quite simply bemusing,

Why is everyone giving Nige stick about a weakened team?

Huddersfields side was much more weaker than ours, 3 kids and Alan Fookin Lee.

By all accounts we were not that bad at peterborough, if we took our chanced we couldv'e been up 3 or 4 nil before that United loanee hit a worldy.

However, tonight it was the regulars who let NP down, more than the players who were supposedly weakening it.

Never before have i seen a striker lose the ball as many times as nugent, he lost the ball 8 times in the first half based on his touch/ lack of speed.

Konch ran past the ball for their winner, De laet was skinned time and time again and looks naked (why didn't moore play FFS!), and knocky missed some great chances to put our forwards in.

From what I saw, wellens and gallagher were two of our more accomplished players, who both gave the ball away less than anyone else, and gally looked our only chance of a goal with his longshots. And this is from a guy who has hated the two of them recently.

Alan Lee gave Keane a tough evening tonight. Lost count of the amount of times he managed to simply chest it and hold up play against Keane.

Says it all really.

Alan Lee gave Keane a tough evening tonight. Lost count of the amount of times he managed to simply chest it and hold up play against Keane.

Says it all really.

I saw him chest the ball a lot, but it went to our player everytime.

Against target men like lee, you have to focus on getting the second ball rather than winning the first, as morgan found out when giving away the free kick for the first goal.

I've just received 9 texts from different people along the lines of:

"Your team is shit"

"Hahaha Leicester"

"gooo Huddersfield"

And a video of about a bunch of lads singing a Huddersfield chant, all from my uni course, all "pre-drinking".

I'm a big fan of Konch's but he gets paid for that shite performance that he put in tonight, I get what is essentially bullied for supporting him, for free. All week it's been non-stop ever since I wore a LCFC running jacket in after the gym one day. Bit fvcked off and probably regret this post in the morning but it just isn't good enough Konch.

Few recurring themes that people are moaning about that are ridiculous:

1. Paying money gives you some right to boo and abuse players. Bollocks, it's fans like you who get managers sacked time and time again by never being satisfied. Simply don't go to the game if you're not happy, dont turn up and moan for 90 mins

2. Picking a 'weakened' side cost us the game. Also Bollocks, we played pretty much our strongest side on Saturday bar Wood and lost to a worse team in Peterborough. For some bizzare reason some LCFC fans think being LCFC and playing little old Huddersfield gives us some divine right to smash them 10-0.

3. Usual scapegoats of Wellens and Gally are to blame. Gally was probably one of our best players on the night and was one of the few who actually put 100% in throughout and looked like creating something. Wellens had a decent first half but tired in the second. Past his best but by no means even in the bottom 50% of performers tonight.

4. The manager isn't good enough and we willl never get promoted with him in charge blah blah. Just look at the league table. When was the last time we were consistantly in the top 6 of this division? (Except under the management of THIS manager.)

Well I'm pretty glad work prevented from going by the sound of it.

The question I'd like answering is how motivated were we for this match?

Pearson clearly, and for understandable reasons, rates the league as top priority, his tinkering with the side for the away tie and now here demonstrates that as well as his comments. So what was said to the players?

It is a bit like being at work and your boss says well there's two deals on the table A and B, we'd woudln't mind A if we can get it but B is the one we really want. What do you do? You focus most of your efforts on B. Seems to me we have the same scenario here. Just how much did our players really want to win last night? if the lead from the top is anything like I suspect it was then who can blame them for not really busting a gut.

Personally I think this is a big opportunity lost, our fringe players in certain parts of the pitch have been exposed a simply not up to it, there was a great chance to progress and to test ourselves against a premiership side that has been a barometer for sides like us, well run and punching way above its weight just to maintain its premier league status. The next league game is now absolutely huge. Not only as we need the points but also as a barometer on how as a squad we can react to two poor results and as a real test of motivation for the management team; a win and everything is back on track but a loss could well see our chances of automatic promotion fast recede.

Fvcking disgraceful.

Don't kid yourselves into thinking that was just a shocking performance. Don't try and make out we were putting 100% into winning that game.

14,500 people were at that match and they should all get their money back. To say we treated that like a training match would be way too kind. Am I supposed to believe we train like that? Bollocks do we, or else we'd never be in the top 3.

Pearson is a good manager but he's made himself look an absolute cock tonight. He didn't just play a weakened team, he basically made it so we would inevitably lose. He's shown no respect for the fans or a great competition.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen us on TV again, bringing in some cash in the process, and with a chance of us getting to the quarters. How on earth could that be a bad thing?

Pearson and his players should be utterly ashamed, and so should anyone coming out with 'positives' like 'this is a blessing in disguise, we can concentrate on the league'. You people have no clue about sport and football in particular, take your ignorance, lack of guts and lack of passion somewhere else.

As I said on other threads, we should have learnt our lesson from the original tie. Playing players who otherwise would be nowhere near the starting 11 does not help the flow of the team in upcoming league games, nor do bad results breed positivity.

Pearson probably won't be slated too much for this, but if we put in another poor performance against Charlton and don't win I hope he gets absolutely slaughtered, because he'll deserve it for tonight. I don't care what he or some other people think about the cup, it's not a friendly, it's a competetive match and should be treated as such.

Disgusted.

I agree with every word well said

Seems fair kitch.Seen the second goal several times and still can barely believe it.Konch trying to get his left foot in as he obviously has no right.

Knocky tried to get things going up front to be fair.Thought the subs were really late considering how the strikers were struggling -not that it made any real difference.

Got to find some form and composure from somewhere or I fear the worst unfortunately

Archived