Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Pearson could enter loan market

http://www.thisislei...l#axzz2Kb9BszDR

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson could be poised to enter the loan market in a bid to strengthen his squad.

City have lost their last two gamesicon1.png, which have seen them drop out of the automatic promotion places and crash out of the FA Cup at the hands of Huddersfield on Tuesday night.

Pearson insists he in no rush to bring in loan players and has faith in the group of players he has put together who have put City in contention for promotion.

However, he admitted that he would consider bolstering his squad if the right opportunity came along.

"I am not ruling it out and I am not going to confirm that I am in a hurry to go and do business, because it is always a case of 'can you'," said the City boss.

"Let's be honest, most clubs are not going to start letting their best players out.

"It is one of those situations where we will have to see.

"If I had said I wanted to go and get one, it would be written as I need to go and do that.

"But it is a case of whether you can.

"I have a lot of faith in my players. They are a good group and work very hard.

"It is this group that have got us into a positive position this season in the league.

"But, as always, if we could improve the squad, that is something you consider if that opportunity comes along.

"In all honesty, I will always stick with my players in that I will back them, because this is the group that has got us in the position we are in.

"Unfortunately, when things don't go your way, as we have experienced on a couple of occasions this season, there seems to be an opportunity for people to put a negative spin on it.

"We are honest with how we appraise ourselves. I think the players are as well and that is why the players are such a good group to work with.

"We know where we need to be better at times and, when you are building a squad, it is always an on-going process. We will see."

Pearson interviews remind me of watching Geoff Boycott batting....forward defensive to everything.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. On the contrary, it is a good thing that he's not constantly emoting, fuelling uncertainty and spilling secrets to the media. Maybe I'm a bit perverse, but I also find it strangely entertaining - it's like he's had a bet with someone as to how many words he can say with a straight face but without revealing anything.

While I'm at it, I also like his attitude on the touchline: present, observant but silent most of the time, but when he does communicate with the players, it seems to be to transmit a tactic or to provide positive encouragement, not to get emotional or to berate players for mistakes.

About time, Pearson isn't afraid and has a brain after all, Tuesday night made him see sense.

2-3 loan signings needed, central midfielder, winger and a striker.

I would take a look at...

Central Midfielders

Nick Powell

Jem Karacan

Richard Chaplow

Thomas Eisfeld

Wingers

Alexander Kacaniklic

Hal Robson-Kanu

Callum McManaman

Suso

Strikers

Jason Roberts

Kenwyne Jones

Harry Kane

Saido Berahino

Any of them should be available I think.

Archived