Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
john doe

how about -insert manager name here-

How about No

I honestly believe Pearson is a better manager, the main reasons Southampton went up was because of their Chairman and a group of well assembled players that were mostly there before Adkins, he was never going to truely cut it in the Prem he had the glazed stare of a War Vet and something very unassuring about him, I doubt he had as much power over the team/club as most people think.

Pearson needs to be given at least till October/November time minimum, and even then I would have to be expecting us to be well in the bottom half next season to justify getting rid

Pearson needs to be given at least till October/November time minimum, and even then I would have to be expecting us to be well in the bottom half next season to justify getting rid

Why should he be given till Oct/Nov?

For me he can go today, and I'd certainly expect him to be gone the day after it's confirmed that we aren't going up.

no sorry has run out excuse excuse excuse we are failing

Your patience has run out? Wow, you must be really good company.

Pearson hasn't even had a full season in charge, do you expect promotion to already be achieved or something?

Why should he be given till Oct/Nov?

For me he can go today, and I'd certainly expect him to be gone the day after it's confirmed that we aren't going up.

And another one.

Why don't you go for a beer with Jon Doe? You could share your thoughts on everything that's going wrong at the club, maybe have a cuddle and then do us all a favour and cancel your broadband contract.

Thanks.

For goodness sake people!!

We all want promotion as much as each other, whether that is if you are for or against Pearson being sacked!

But for me Pearson is our manager and we should support him through thick and thin! I listen to radio after the match and read the posts on here, and if some people had their way then every time we loose we need to change our manager! Where does that get us??

All this talk of sacking is a knee jerk reaction to a bad patch. My guess is that in January most of the people on here weren't calling for his head then?!

My position is simple, Pearson is our manager and he has my full support!!

So come on foxes fans, we all want the same thing, so lets get behind the team till the end and SUPPORT the club we all love!!

FOXES NEVER QUIT!!

and I'd certainly expect him to be gone the day after it's confirmed that we aren't going up.

lol yeah, right.

http://www.foxestalk...ancial-results/

Next year the owners can invest up to £6m, this season to help cover ongoing expenditure they've invested £15m which would cover presumably Premiership level wages paid to some of the past signings as well as player recruitment (Wood, Knocky etc)

So even though Pearson has got rid of close to 30 players and over the summer we didn't bring in any £5m+ signings like Mills, or marquee signings like Beckford... or battling Champions League chasing Rangers for players like Danns the owners have had to invest almost triple the maximum they can invest next season.

Do you seriously assume they're going to all-change, go through the expense of getting rid... then attracting a new manager with transfer budget & allow changes that a new manager would want or do you think they've got a project going on, which includes investing in the academy, bringing in a manager with the well known skill of signing younger players that will ensure their value increases, but also they'll grow as players ensuring the team is better next season than this.

The owners talk about wanting the club in the Premier League, not sure where this assumption is that if it's not achieved yesterday then it's all change again. It can't be, the club can't go on like that.

The upturn this season is there for all to see and finishing as a minimum in the playoffs should ensure the manager (if we miss out) is given the chance to build on those foundations just like Mackay & McDermott were when they followed up missing out on promotion with a Championship winning season.

They have put themselves under pressure by appointing a chequebook manager & not sought from him value in return for loosening the purse strings. But that's over now, apart from a few to get rid of. So it's onwards & upwards, which would be a lot easier if a vocal minority backed the team, rather than putting them under pressure with a difficult atmosphere that encourages snatched passes and heads to drop easily.

Im going to get shot down here but heres my thoughts. Ive always been a fan of Pearson and supported him all the way but i think its time to reconsider. The reasons why are as follows. When we're losing he has no plan B and brings players on that realistically arn't going to change the game. Now you maybe thinking 'but he has no other options on the bench' But he is the one who has chosen to work with a small squad and why? Well because he cant seem to man manage a big squad and handle players being pissed off when they're not being picked. Neil Danns for example, and maybe even Max Gradel. Also for months its been plain to see for anyone who has a clue about the game that we've been crying out for a defensive hard tackling CM to play against the more stronger physical opposition. Instead he brings in a striker (Harry Kane) and then to make matters worse he plays him out of position! We also have Jeff Schlupp out on loan with no cover at left back.

Ive come to the conclusion that we're never going to get promoted as long as he is incharge. I know we cant bring Adkins in now due to legal reasons but as soon as its all sorted lets go all out to get him in before anyone else does. Look at what he achieved at southampton in such a sort space of time, and people tend to forget he worked magic at scunthope considering the size of the club and the shit budget he had.

If anyone is going to call me a disabled or whatever please also take the time to come up with something construcive that explains why you think these points are wrong.

Im going to get shot down here but heres my thoughts. Ive always been a fan of Pearson and supported him all the way but i think its time to reconsider. The reasons why are as follows. When we're losing he has no plan B and brings players on that realistically arn't going to change the game. Now you maybe thinking 'but he has no other options on the bench' But he is the one who has chosen to work with a small squad and why? Well because he cant seem to man manage a big squad and handle players being pissed off when they're not being picked. Neil Danns for example, and maybe even Max Gradel. Also for months its been plain to see for anyone who has a clue about the game that we've been crying out for a defensive hard tackling CM to play against the more stronger physical opposition. Instead he brings in a striker (Harry Kane) and then to make matters worse he plays him out of position! We also have Jeff Schlupp out on loan with no cover at left back.

Ive come to the conclusion that we're never going to get promoted as long as he is incharge. I know we cant bring Adkins in now due to legal reasons but as soon as its all sorted lets go all out to get him in before anyone else does. Look at what he achieved at southampton in such a sort space of time, and people tend to forget he worked magic at scunthope considering the size of the club and the shit budget he had.

If anyone is going to call me a disabled or whatever please also take the time to come up with something construcive that explains why you think these points are wrong.

I understand why you say the things you say and you're not alone in saying them but is that the problem? Do you honestly think that we need a tough tackling midfielder or are you just going with the flow? The facts dont lie and against Peterborough, Ipswich, and Charlton we did miss enough chances to bury all of them. Was that down to a lack of a tough tackling midfielder? No it wasnt so why would that sort of player be of any use in those particular games? Surely that sort of player would limit the amount of chances we create due to a more restrictive game? Maybe not thats just conjecture but I personally dont see the value in that style of player as much as most.

I'm not so sure that it was completely his choice to work with such a small squad. We had a very large squad under the previous management and that didnt really serve too well and financially wasnt too great either. NP does like a tight squad but i'm sure if the finances were a little looser, he would have added a couple more players.

Not being able to handle players that are pissed off at not being picked is an interesting one. We've gone over Max Gradel a million times. NP made it clear he wanted him to stay but Gradel made it clear he wanted to go. What would you have done? As for the rest, i'm not sure that sending a player out on loan to get some game time is not handling it or handling it. Personal opinion I suppose.

As for Adkins. No way. If you're looking for a manager that isnt like NP, Adkins aint it. The football Southampton played from what I saw, wasnt too different to how we've played when in form and some would argue the foundations of Southamptons success were down to Alan Pardew rather than Adkins.

If a change of manager is what you're after, a complete change is needed in style, personality and experience.

I understand why you say the things you say and you're not alone in saying them but is that the problem? Do you honestly think that we need a tough tackling midfielder or are you just going with the flow? The facts dont lie and against Peterborough, Ipswich, and Charlton we did miss enough chances to bury all of them. Was that down to a lack of a tough tackling midfielder? No it wasnt so why would that sort of player be of any use in those particular games? Surely that sort of player would limit the amount of chances we create due to a more restrictive game? Maybe not thats just conjecture but I personally dont see the value in that style of player as much as most.

I'm not so sure that it was completely his choice to work with such a small squad. We had a very large squad under the previous management and that didnt really serve too well and financially wasnt too great either. NP does like a tight squad but i'm sure if the finances were a little looser, he would have added a couple more players.

Not being able to handle players that are pissed off at not being picked is an interesting one. We've gone over Max Gradel a million times. NP made it clear he wanted him to stay but Gradel made it clear he wanted to go. What would you have done? As for the rest, i'm not sure that sending a player out on loan to get some game time is not handling it or handling it. Personal opinion I suppose.

As for Adkins. No way. If you're looking for a manager that isnt like NP, Adkins aint it. The football Southampton played from what I saw, wasnt too different to how we've played when in form and some would argue the foundations of Southamptons success were down to Alan Pardew rather than Adkins.

If a change of manager is what you're after, a complete change is needed in style, personality and experience.

how about warnock

The trouble with Nigel as we saw before, he usually constructs a squad which works specificly for him and anyone who comes in charge after his needs to know what the squad is all about to get them going again, it may not have happened at Hull but they had Barmby come in straight after and he knew the club like the back of his hand.

Points above from Walshy are hit and miss for me, Nigel does know how to keep alot of players happy as he proved here before, we may need another type of midfielder on the park but as the records have proved our major problem has been scoring away from home and this has led to disjointed form which has seen us slump with some more problems arising from a lack of depth, poor form and at times fitness

I dont know why fitness is now a problem under Nige but it needs fixing, I dont run the squad and dont know the finantual constrains or the plans for the squad so I cant comment on depth and the poor form could be a number of issues accumulatively.

I maintain that Pearson is a better manager than Adkins and still believe Nigel still has it in him to get us up, I just hope my faith is rewarded

He's had one full season at the club in the Championship and we finished in the Play-Offs, during his second full season we're set to finish there again. Your conclusion is based on absolutely nothing factual, it's not even constructive which is what you're asking for people to post in reply, it's just nonsense. We were a couple of penalties away from a Play-Off final last time he was charge and we'll almost certainly be one of four teams fighting for promotion at the end of the season, It's such an over-reaction to a bad patch of form and it's just typical of the majority of Leicester fans who have time and time again appealed for managers to be sacked and when they've got their wish seen the club become worse off more often than not. We're 5th with 11 games to go and already people have given up on promotion, last year and the year before that we were way off the pace at this point and some people still believed, it's ridiculous.

Stability is what's needed now. Person knows how to wheel and deal in the transfer/loan markets, we have good foundations and with a tweak or two could go on and make a go of it in the prem. I feel person is doing a good job, yes he can be stubborn. And yes his subs at times don't seem gr8 but look at what he has done both times at city. These are my views only but foxes never quit !!!

We are 5th from top not bottom, really what is the problem ? Apart from putting the ball on the net? We make chances and we don't let many in, we play some good football and have made good progress so how about giving it a rest. I don't like to lose but it happens. I am very surprised that we have been so high in the league and we still look good for the play offs if not better. It would be nice to have a bigger and better squad but we don't. I don't like Dyer as a winger let alone as a full back and hopefully something will be sorted, if not its NP's call and he knows his players better than we do and will be judged by where we finish.

It's only 12 months ago that we became the laughing stock of this league which we no longer are, where as NP appears to have the full support of the owners we can only guess at the restrictions his predecessor has caused.

Stability is what's needed now. Person knows how to wheel and deal in the transfer/loan markets, we have good foundations and with a tweak or two could go on and make a go of it in the prem. I feel person is doing a good job, yes he can be stubborn. And yes his subs at times don't seem gr8 but look at what he has done both times at city. These are my views only but foxes never quit !!!

Know`s how to wheel and deal, does that include vardy and Futacs then?? :ph34r:

Archived