Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
john doe

how about -insert manager name here-

Consider alternatives Mark.. We know you like Pearson but do try to think outside the box once in a while.

Yes, you are a Pearson fan. Does that have to preclude ANY form of debate on anything?

It does get tiresome. Honest it does.

Why? I don't think we need to change things so it's just completely pointless. Feel free to debate, I was just throwing into the debate the fact that the criteria you praised Adkins for also apply to Pearson. I didn't say you couldn't discuss it, I mean personally I think it's pointless, all I did was point out that it's a way in which Pearson and Adkins are similar. You see how that's adding to the debate?

I still don't get this. I understand how he needs to portray a level of professionalism as for many, this is the only view they get of Leicester City. However, if it's a case of saying things that you don't like then, well isn't that down to personal perception? If he randomly changed his tune now and said things like "Yeah, we were crap, wouldn't have scored in a month of Sundays,"...do you not think that to the players/listeners that he's given up? I doubt that in the dressing room after the game they all agreed that they were not at their best, or they just need to work harder. I bet he had their ****ing pants down - telling them how he really felt.

I don't buy into this constant need for Pearson to say what the haters want.

He doesn't need to use offensive language either way - in defence or in criticism of his team. It would be appropriate for him to make specific remarks about a game other than 'we never got our passing game going' or 'we didn't take our chances'.

As for whether he lays into his team behind closed doors, the players have previously suggested that this has been anything but the case. Morgan's comment today that he had 'some choice words' was the first in a long while to point towards even behind-closed-doors criticism.

Great manager, I don't think so. If he was that brilliant he would have been back in work before plus better Clubs than Leicester have been available and he's steered clear for one reason or another. Anyway it's pretty pointless off-loading Pearson just yet with 10 games to go. No-one is going to come in at this late stage of the season and secure promotion for us.

Great manager, I don't think so. If he was that brilliant he would have been back in work before plus better Clubs than Leicester have been available and he's steered clear for one reason or another. Anyway it's pretty pointless off-loading Pearson just yet with 10 games to go. No-one is going to come in at this late stage of the season and secure promotion for us.

Why not? I admit it isn't likely but you only have to look at the likes of Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday both in the playoffs and secured promotion with their new manager.

Shame the Forest owners didn't take that view and stick with McLeish.. :(

He doesn't need to use offensive language either way - in defence or in criticism of his team. It would be appropriate for him to make specific remarks about a game other than 'we never got our passing game going' or 'we didn't take our chances'.

As for whether he lays into his team behind closed doors, the players have previously suggested that this has been anything but the case. Morgan's comment today that he had 'some choice words' was the first in a long while to point towards even behind-closed-doors criticism.

But aren't they just massive cliches? If anything, i'd like him to come out with something constructive and tell us where he thought the game was lost. The be all and end all of it is, that what he says on the radio after the match has little or no baring on the result. He could stand there, and say, "game of two halfs", "they parked the bus", "the ref was useless" etc etc - but it still has no baring on the game, other than annoying the select few on here that will try pick out negatives and turn that into some form of ammunition use against him.

But aren't they just massive cliches? If anything, i'd like him to come out with something constructive and tell us where he thought the game was lost. The be all and end all of it is, that what he says on the radio after the match has little or no baring on the result. He could stand there, and say, "game of two halfs", "they parked the bus", "the ref was useless" etc etc - but it still has no baring on the game, other than annoying the select few on here that will try pick out negatives and turn that into some form of ammunition use against him.

Well, yes, they are massive cliches. That was my point!

No, what he says on the radio has little bearing, other than on the fans. Fans feeling appreciated by the club is obviously important to the board, it may even have a minor impact on match day atmosphere.

However, if what he says on the radio mirrors what he says behind the scenes - and there have been some suggestions that it does - then this is extremely important.

Is this thread for real? Some sort of delirium has crept into the fan base. We're on a bad run, but we'll get out of it and panic decisions won't help anyone, we've proved that in previous seasons under other managers.

We just need to back the manager, his staff and the players to get out of this.

Di Canio has proven nothing and in any case I don't want a confessed fascist managing the club. Di Matteo won the European Cup last year. He'll end up with a top flight club either here or on the continent.

I think if we don't beat Cardiff it will be curtains for NP. If he does get the sack I would like to see Di Matteo or Di Canio in charge for Good Friday. Any thoughts?

You are deluded and moronic beyond belief if you seriously think Di Matteo would take a Championship job as his next one. And that goes for anyone who has mentioned his name...

I'm bothered about Pearson's post match interviews whoever they are with.

I don't give a shite about Stringer, but I do want questions answered after abject performances.

As a paying fan I think I deserve that much.

I haven't listened to today's interview but I bet it included 'we must work hard in training'?-

That's a given for me Nigel.

Then there is literally no point in him making a pre set speech which says only what you expect it to say.

I prefer Niges off the cuff honesty and passion. It's sooo much more real

What a difference a year makes....

Describes these threads perfectly.

Who has been suggested so far

Izzet/Walsh dream team

Curbishley

Adkins

Who next....Ronald McDonald?

The first suggestion is appalling, but Curbishley and Adkins? A man who won two promotions to the top flight and spent nine successful seasons there and a man who won two promotions with Scunthorpe, and led Southampton to back-to-back promotions.

How realistic they are I don't know. The same goes for Neil Lennon, who has done well in the Champions League and is on the brink of more silverware in the Scottish League. The list of candidates includes some of the usual worrying names, though, like Keane, Hoddle, Hughes, McLeish, McClaren and so on. And they may be a little more interested in the post than the aforementioned.

Adkins was there on Tuesday, why? could have been there just to watch a good game of football or being speaking to the owners, having a look over the team before he takes over. They sack Pearson on the monday, they put Mike Stowell in charge for the Cardiff game, Wednesday or Thursday Adkins gets put in charge. Derby game will be his first in charge. Personally I'd put my money on Adkins if even if I wanted him or not.

We don't want McLeish his tactics are too defensive, you could forget about our 6-1 wins! if he's in charge. Curbishley has simply been out of the game too long, Mark Hughes you've got to be kidding!, Di Canio, erm well...

The first suggestion is appalling, but Curbishley and Adkins? A man who won two promotions to the top flight and spent nine successful seasons there and a man who won two promotions with Scunthorpe, and led Southampton to back-to-back promotions.

How realistic they are I don't know. The same goes for Neil Lennon, who has done well in the Champions League and is on the brink of more silverware in the Scottish League. The list of candidates includes some of the usual worrying names, though, like Keane, Hoddle, Hughes, McLeish, McClaren and so on. And they may be a little more interested in the post than the aforementioned.

Adkins yes, Curbishley no imo

I'm bothered about Pearson's post match interviews whoever they are with.

I don't give a shite about Stringer, but I do want questions answered after abject performances.

As a paying fan I think I deserve that much.

I haven't listened to today's interview but I bet it included 'we must work hard in training'?-

That's a given for me Nigel.

It did! lol

What a difference a year makes....

Is he the same manager he was, though?

Pearson mk.1 often criticised even a winning team and showed more tactical variability, such as his prolonged switch to 4-3-3 in 2010. I never once heard him deliver an interview as pathetic as Tuesday's.

So what changed? Has he relaxed into financial security thanks to a sizeable wage? Or has the memory of how certain people treated him the last time he was at Leicester made him less (dare I say it) passionate for the club? Someone reminded me of the heart scare he had while at Hull. Perhaps that, coupled with his tumultuous 2011-12 season here, led him to decide that he wouldn't willingly preside over a fraught dressing room like the one he inherited from Sven. Maybe that explains his reluctance to criticise them - who knows?

Yet there are, for me, some clear differences between the Pearson of 09-10 and he of 12-13.

Yet there are, for me, some clear differences between the Pearson of 09-10 and he of 12-13.

Really, I've noticed a few similarities, like us being in a position to realistically challenge for promotion to the Premier League. You know as opposed to how we've looked under every other manager we've had for the last decade.

Archived