Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
john doe

how about -insert manager name here-

And another one.

Why don't you go for a beer with Jon Doe? You could share your thoughts on everything that's going wrong at the club, maybe have a cuddle and then do us all a favour and cancel your broadband contract.

Thanks.

Why bother opening the thread if you're going to get upset that a few are now questioning the sainted Nigel?

And why get personal?

lol yeah, right.

http://www.foxestalk...ancial-results/

Next year the owners can invest up to £6m, this season to help cover ongoing expenditure they've invested £15m which would cover presumably Premiership level wages paid to some of the past signings as well as player recruitment (Wood, Knocky etc)

So even though Pearson has got rid of close to 30 players and over the summer we didn't bring in any £5m+ signings like Mills, or marquee signings like Beckford... or battling Champions League chasing Rangers for players like Danns the owners have had to invest almost triple the maximum they can invest next season.

Do you seriously assume they're going to all-change, go through the expense of getting rid... then attracting a new manager with transfer budget & allow changes that a new manager would want or do you think they've got a project going on, which includes investing in the academy, bringing in a manager with the well known skill of signing younger players that will ensure their value increases, but also they'll grow as players ensuring the team is better next season than this.

The owners talk about wanting the club in the Premier League, not sure where this assumption is that if it's not achieved yesterday then it's all change again. It can't be, the club can't go on like that.

The upturn this season is there for all to see and finishing as a minimum in the playoffs should ensure the manager (if we miss out) is given the chance to build on those foundations just like Mackay & McDermott were when they followed up missing out on promotion with a Championship winning season.

They have put themselves under pressure by appointing a chequebook manager & not sought from him value in return for loosening the purse strings. But that's over now, apart from a few to get rid of. So it's onwards & upwards, which would be a lot easier if a vocal minority backed the team, rather than putting them under pressure with a difficult atmosphere that encourages snatched passes and heads to drop easily.

Should we replace NFPnow and get promoted then those financial worries aren't quite so critical.

It's only 12 months ago that we became the laughing stock of this league which we no longer are, where as NP appears to have the full support of the owners we can only guess at the restrictions his predecessor has caused.

I hope I'm wrong but with the teams we still have to play we may not even make the play-offs, win those games and we're laughing, but if we don't there will be a lot of people laughing at us again.

why do people react like this? every person ive spoke to who have said to sack pearson have never considered who will come in afterwards and normally comes back with di mattao (or however its spelt) cause hes gonna go from managing champions league winners to a championship team pushing for promotion :rolleyes: or Nigel Adkins who got sacked as he was obviously not up to the job so WHY would you want him!? np is a good manager! a perfect team cannot be built over night or even in a season it takes alot of research to find the right players plus its not easy to always bring the players you want in and theres also a lot of balancing of the books etc etc. and so far np is doing a great job and given time i believe he is a manager that can build year on year.were in an extremely competitive league were not going to win every game nobody does! i for one am behind np 100% i dont agree with all his decisions but hes the manager for a reason. COYB!

He's had one full season at the club in the Championship and we finished in the Play-Offs, during his second full season we're set to finish there again. Your conclusion is based on absolutely nothing factual, it's not even constructive which is what you're asking for people to post in reply, it's just nonsense. We were a couple of penalties away from a Play-Off final last time he was charge and we'll almost certainly be one of four teams fighting for promotion at the end of the season, It's such an over-reaction to a bad patch of form and it's just typical of the majority of Leicester fans who have time and time again appealed for managers to be sacked and when they've got their wish seen the club become worse off more often than not. We're 5th with 11 games to go and already people have given up on promotion, last year and the year before that we were way off the pace at this point and some people still believed, it's ridiculous.

This. This. And this. Dull City have lost 2 of their last 3 and shipped 7 goals in that time. Are they wanting to sack Bruce? No, because they don't have knee-jerk Nancies in the stand who love to have a moan.

Know`s how to wheel and deal, does that include vardy and Futacs then?? :ph34r:

Errrr, he recognised Vardy couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo at this level, benched him and bought Wood. Futacs has hardly played and has now been shipped out to Blackpool. Wheel & deal - Out goes £5M Mills in comes the man-mountain Morgan. Out goes Danns, in comes Knockaert. I can give you another twenty examples from Pearson two spells here.

tumblr_mi6zd48tpA1rhvqn4o1_250.gif

:D Superb.

How about we become the new Forest or Blackburn, change manager every time we lose a few and become a laughing stock. I'm sick to death of some of the backwards thinking of our 'fans'.

Try getting behind, the team, behind the manager and cementing our place in the play offs. I wish a mod would close down all these nonsense 'change the manager' threads. It's fcuking depressing coming on this forum these days. :(

How about No

I honestly believe Pearson is a better manager, the main reasons Southampton went up was because of their Chairman and a group of well assembled players that were mostly there before Adkins, he was never going to truely cut it in the Prem he had the glazed stare of a War Vet and something very unassuring about him, I doubt he had as much power over the team/club as most people think.

As opposed to one who has the glazed look of a Action man figure with the monosyllabic skills of a four year old. :D

I hope I'm wrong but with the teams we still have to play we may not even make the play-offs, win those games and we're laughing, but if we don't there will be a lot of people laughing at us again.

Don't worry it's all part of the plan, because if we fail to make the play offs I can see NFP leaving

Why bother opening the thread if you're going to get upset that a few are now questioning the sainted Nigel?

And why get personal?

The subject was a question so I was as likely to read "no to Adkins" responses as I was "yes".

Question Pearson as much as you like, talk about possible replacements as much as you like but if you're going to voice your opinion as strongly as you did in your first post then expect a reaction from those that don't agree with you.

Friends Father's friend is a director. (Yes i know)

Whisper was Adkins has been present at past 4 games before today and if Lcfc draw/lose then Pearson is OUT.

We lost so expect him to go and Adkins to replace him.

I personally really like Nigel Adkins.

I've always thought he's a great manager and fook knows why The Saints wanted to replace him.

To be honest, and I am being honest, I couldn't give a monkeys if Pearson was to go now. This week has changed my opinion of him greatly, especially the Stringer interview on Tuesday.

Whether NOW is the right time to replace him? I dunno.

But I would have no qualms in having Adkins as our manager.

This. This. And this. Dull City have lost 2 of their last 3 and shipped 7 goals in that time. Are they wanting to sack Bruce? No, because they don't have knee-jerk Nancies in the stand who love to have a moan.

Or possibly because their 12 points in the last 7 games is a lot better than our 5 points in the last 7 games.

Not really a fair comparison.

Thought Adkins was either on gardening leave or fighting wrongful dismissal... So as far as the friend of a friend of a friend of a director goes... how does Adkins being approached fit with either of those two points... if they're true?

Thought Adkins did a good job at Saints - sacking him was bizarre, but I think it fits with their owners wanting to attract certain players to St Mary's... (kind of like Pearson leaving here the day after AFI was formed to takeover the club & Sousa being appointed - maybe)

I wouldn't be against him being manager of us in the right circumstances, which these aren't.

Errrr, he recognised Vardy couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo at this level, benched him and bought Wood. Futacs has hardly played and has now been shipped out to Blackpool. Wheel & deal - Out goes £5M Mills in comes the man-mountain Morgan. Out goes Danns, in comes Knockaert. I can give you another twenty examples from Pearson two spells here.

How about we become the new Forest or Blackburn, change manager every time we lose a few and become a laughing stock. I'm sick to death of some of the backwards thinking of our 'fans'.

Try getting behind, the team, behind the manager and cementing our place in the play offs. I wish a mod would close down all these nonsense 'change the manager' threads. It's fcuking depressing coming on this forum these days. :(

Hold on, is this the same Forest that are the most in-form team in the division and look highly likely to overtake us within the next week or so?

As for players, that Vardy who he 'benched' is the most expensive non-league player in history, thanks to Pearson, and has started - what - sixteen or seventeen games this season. And Knockaert - well, I'm not a huge fan of Danns, but I'm not sure I could pick between the two of them right now. And can we be so sure that Whitbread is better than Mills? Or Marshall better than Vassell? James better than Abe? N'Guessan better than Gradel? Wood better than Howard at his peak?

In general I prefer these additions to those they replaced, but I'm not convinced that the improvement is always as immense as we assume it to be.

And comparing Bruce to Pearson - a manager who has been at a club for nine months vs. a manager who has been at his club for a year and a half and is seven points behind the aforementioned!

I don't want Pearson fired, but if this is the standard of defence people are putting up for him, then perhaps he should go after all.

Cannot believe the mentality of the sack Pearson fans amongst you. The most successful club in this country stuck by their manager after a number of poor seasons and look where they are now? Alex Ferguson has been known to be curt and off hand with journalists and he doesn't get people calling for his head because he was rude to a well paid regional journalist. Adkins is no better than Pearson and hasn't had to deal with a club in turmoil (after sven left us in the shit) with a remit to significantly reduce the wage bill like Pearson has. If you want a manager who will give good interviews then why not get David pleat back? Awful manager but very polite to the press.

Or possibly because their 12 points in the last 7 games is a lot better than our 5 points in the last 7 games.

Not really a fair comparison.

Picking short snapshots of the season isn't a fair comparison anyway... because if we compared Hull's previous 30 to our previous 30 we'd piss on them.

What matters (for me) is we didn't put a performance in today that looked like we had answers to arrest our own decline.

Although everyone else hitting sticky patches when they get into the position we were in, shows just how even things really are - this will go down to the end.

Cannot believe the mentality of the sack Pearson fans amongst you. The most successful club in this country stuck by their manager after a number of poor seasons and look where they are now? Alex Ferguson has been known to be curt and off hand with journalists and he doesn't get people calling for his head because he was rude to a well paid regional journalist. Adkins is no better than Pearson and hasn't had to deal with a club in turmoil (after sven left us in the shit) with a remit to significantly reduce the wage bill like Pearson has. If you want a manager who will give good interviews then why not get David pleat back? Awful manager but very polite to the press.

Irrelevant but to be fair Adkins was managing Scunthorpe in the Championship, so he does know about austerity and adversity....

We can't even support ours during one pretty good one. Agree with your post completely, but unfortunately it appears to just be the attitude of some football fans, if they're not complaining, they're not happy.

Archived