Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

The club/ticket office owe the fans answers...

Sorry to be pedantic but how do you know that?

I've seen people 'confirm' that it was around the 1900 mark before..

He doesn't know. He just said no one knows.

Just what he's been told, same as you've been told 1900.

Either way, alot of P2 STH didnt get a ticket out of a 2200 ticket allocation.

Yes but your using a ridiculous example. What do you expect staff to do, stop serving people so they can queue up for a ticket? Just accept that it is how all football clubs will work it and move on.

No I'm not, I'm using a very similar example.

Tell me how it is ridiculous? In fact, if I'm someone who's been to 13 away games last season I'm more entitled to a ticket for Watford than a burger at a restaurant.

I will not accept it, it seems to be the 'in' thing to do now to defend the club against the indefensible. This is wrong, it shouldn't be happening. Certainly not if the club protests to give a shit about it's fans.

My best pal Bert has said before he believes it is between 700-1,600. Plus I've been told from a few others its around 1,600 mark.

Players and staff get tickets as a perk of the job. We got a pissy amount of tickets for the game so naturally people would miss out.

Wouldnt be fair to the staff to take that away just because its a high profile game.

To put some rough numbers to it, the club has around 70 day to day employees. Around half of them will get the offer of tickets and they'd get a couple each which accounts for 70 tickets. Thise who have executive boxes at the ground will also be offered tickets as thats part of the contract.

It sucks that not everyone who wants to go can, but with such a poor ticket allocation, its inevitable. If we were given 10,000 tickets we'd sell them and there would still be people saying, 'I couldnt get a ticket, its not fair!'

This demanding of wanting to know where the tickets have gone is ridiculous and quite typical of our fans attitudes recently. 2 days after the most exciting end to a season and the renewed hope we all feel, today we're right back to, 'fvcking club dont care about us'.

The system is shambolic, only got home leg tickets and failed with the away leg, despite making so many away games this year. But personally im on so much of a high from the events of saturday, Fvck it.

Players and staff get tickets as a perk of the job. We got a pissy amount of tickets for the game so naturally people would miss out.

Wouldnt be fair to the staff to take that away just because its a high profile game.

It isn't fair to give it to them in the first place. They haven't earnt the right to go to the biggest game of the season - what if they'd been to none before then - would it still be fair?

In any case, priority doesn't matter on any of the other games - you'll get a ticket for them if you're P3 and put some small effort in. The whole point is that priority maters on these big games so no they shouldn't have dibs on these tickets.

i think the staff allocation should be only 1 ticket each  for them and a maximum of say 5 away games per season as for players / major sponsors i think they have open dibs on them i dont think it will ever change and it will be even worse next year if we was to get promoted you dont get 3000+ tickets at old trafford etc. it also said on watford website we have only allocated them 2000 for the first leg so i imagine they are in similar situation.

also the exiles who ask about the wembley tickets if we was to reach the final it will depend on the clubs distribution policy on how many tickets one person can buy ! the biggest problem is your normal fan who goes regularly is also having to buy one for his missus, kids, mate etc who never normally go!

dont matter which game it is there will be somone dissapointed they didnt get a ticket.

id be intrested to hear if stewards get any away ticket handouts.

It isn't fair to give it to them in the first place. They haven't earnt the right to go to the biggest game of the season - what if they'd been to none before then - would it still be fair?

In any case, priority doesn't matter on any of the other games - you'll get a ticket for them if you're P3 and put some small effort in. The whole point is that priority maters on these big games so no they shouldn't have dibs on these tickets.

They earn it as a subsidy to their shit wages. As for the sponsors, they put their money in like anyone else.

They earn it as a subsidy to their shit wages. As for the sponsors, they put their money in like anyone else.

When it was Walkers Stadium,over a 100 home game tickets were given to a high level employee of Walkers who handed them out..obviously not anymore,but I see that as good business,as both parties are gaining something.

Away tickets are completely different..they should only be available to the supporters who have followed them up and down the country.

The P1,P2,P3 system is the fairest way and with the technology we have,should be easily available.We all live different lives and as some have mentioned..some are working,some live a long way from Leicester,some have other commitments which unfortunately stops them from being able to have to queue for hours,when a quick call..or click of a button would do the job.

The supporters who have spent a lot of time and money have been screwed over..one way or another,there is no denying.

If it was a league game there wouldn't be this much fuss..but it isn't.

On a different note..I'm baffled as to why some posters on here..clearly with some intellect,reply to people who post only to brag about what they have got(dubiously),when it's clear that a LOT of others haven't got(unfairly).

The same bafflement applies to people who dig themselves a whole and try to get out of it..only to try to deny it,then resort to childish name calling.

LTID

Happens up and down the country and was happening here when we were in the play offs decades ago. Rightly or wrongly the club really do nothing different to anyone else.

It was regular practice not so long ago to hand out one or two free season tickets to pretty much all staff. Primarily as Betts2j mentioned because many of the staff could get better wages elsewhere and it was a sweetener.

I know a large proportion go to corporate, and in all honesty I can understand why when they probably spend in one season what I would spend in a lifetime of following city.

Hear, hear!

I feel sorry for P2 fans who have been, quite frankly, mugged off. The case of Nugent's sister flogging off tickets just so she can profit off a dedicated fan is disgraceful. The FANS should get tickets to these games, why the fvck should Nugent's sister or anyway other relative of a footballer/staff at the club should have priority over the fans who pay week-in-week out.

The club, next year, should make sure the priority system for away games is for the fans only and therefore keep it locked from "outsiders" of the priority system. 

It should have gone to P3, let alone sell out before all the P2 could get one! 

Didn't hear about this...are you saying she was actually selling her ticket(s) in order to make a profit? Because that's touting, and thus illegal...

Although whilst we're on the point, does anyone have any reliable information about the number of club employees who might have received a ticket? Are their any published figures for the number of P1 and P2 season-ticket holders? Because at the minute most of this is just hearsay...

It was in another thread/section about tickets and travel, where it was discussed briefly. Yes, she was making a profit on it, a decent one too!

In 1994 I got a ticket for the away play off game v Tranmere and I weren't even a member, is it now cool to support Leicester?

Me too. I was 14 at the time. It must be.

I also have it from a box holder that they didnt hold tickets for them this time. Not sure i believe it tho.

Reckon the club have just told them to keep quiet jow many they have had.

All fair points raised on here. The fact is though with such a small allocation, thousands would still have missed out. Who decides who is more worthy?

I supppose this is the crux of the issue.

Fword gave us 6k to help fill the shitty ground when they couldnt.

And i was at watford when they gave us the whole end when muzzy scored. The fa or football leauge should alter the rules and make it a bit more black and white or precedent should hold a bit more sway.

Archived