Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Banners vs Watford "Sea Of Blue" Part 2

Its not a natural atmosphere. theres no denying they make noise (albeit the wrong type) but this noise drowns out any singing in the stadium, the proper atmosphere.

Did you go to Watford at home? Not being harsh, just a general enquiry.

singing...loudly. not bits of paper hitting together. no idea why the dortmund fans dont use clappers. there atmosphere was shocking in the champions league.

You're right, but the oldies and kids won't do that. You don't have to use the clapper, I didn't the other week, but if it makes a greater noise than mumbling crowd background I definitely prefer it personally.

Yep, i didn't use a clapper the other week but was very impressed with the noise it made and the way it encouraged people to sing. Even the mad old bloke in front of us broke his clapper from getting involved so much. It'll boost the atmosphere without doubt- and i was very wary of them previous to that Watford game.

Don't see how people are moaning.

If you don't want to use it don't use it.

The visual spectacle should look good, and I can also see why they didnt go blue and white stripes its cos we don't wear blue and white stripes we wear predominantly blue with white shorts. Cannot wait now

Is it clappers tomorrow night?...they completely d*ck on the atmosphere IMO. If a sell-out playoff game doesn’t get the crowd going we may aswell quit as fans. Game is on Sky aswell so prepare to be embarrassed nationally if so.

How the fvck do they 'dick on' the atmosphere? Does the noise ruin it?

All this talk of inflatables at the game has got me thinking, I'm very tempted to take a small paddling pool.

The trouble would be in inflating the thing. It would take forever and I'd need an oxygen mask afterwards.

Quality! Where do you sit? I'm sure people around you would give you a hand! 

Exactly. Hopefully we'll have a few less moaning than last week.

I was quietly dubious (whilst also appreciating the clubs efforts) about the club doing this for forest but they were right in their idea. It looked fantastic

It went better than I thought I'd say.

Banners? What kind of banners?

All this talk of inflatables at the game has got me thinking, I'm very tempted to take a small paddling pool.

The trouble would be in inflating the thing. It would take forever and I'd need an oxygen mask afterwards.

A paddling pool? erm why? lol

Brilliant

Great idea then it would be a real SEA OF BLUE ;) 

To be fair, the 'clappers' weren't as bad as I thought they'd be in our last home game vs Watford. It's not something I'd want to see all the time but the crowd did seem more up for it. It seemed to be a mental thing whereby it encouraged people who don't usually make any noise to join in. I also thought it looked pretty good seeing the whole stadium using them. I personally chose not to use mine as I found it annoying and prefer using my hands but it'll be good to rip up and use to throw.

It's not bullshit though, is it?

This sort of stuff clearly is tinpot. You don't see Manchester United, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, etc. handing out clappers for a big game.

I'm pretty sure Bayern Munich had them for their semi final vs Barcelona.

I'm liking the idea of the visual display before the game though. I might go and look for some paper or balloons before driving up tomorrow.

Here's a picture from our ground before we played Sheffield Wednesday at home a few years ago (awful day):

THEFUCKINGKOP.jpg

It's not bullshit though, is it?

This sort of stuff clearly is tinpot. You don't see Manchester United, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, etc. handing out clappers for a big game.

You couldn't be more wrong. Bayern handed them out for their 2nd leg at the Allianz against Arsenal.

Archived